U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 03:21 PM

27,052 posts, read 44,027,514 times

Advertisements

I just got a letter that the planned Hockey stadium is planned to go up on the North corner of St Rd 56- I-75 in Wesley Chapel.

I thought it was planned for Wiregrass but it seems to be similar to the one near Bradenton and Ellenton, and I believe the same builder but I'm not 100% sure about that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 07:34 AM

3,599 posts, read 5,192,536 times
I am really confused on the location. I read some articles about this upcoming hockey stadium in WS and the location was called as northeast corner of I-75/SR 56 which is not directly across the street from proposed mall outlet but on other side of I-75.

There are some activities going on across the street from proposed mall, but I am 99% sure it's not related to hockey stadium. First, I wasn't able to find a proof this stadium was even approved by the county. Second, the parcels within that area does not support the proposed site plan for hockey stadium, but knowing how Pasco county is slow on updating their records I might be wrong.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I am really confused on the location. I read some articles about this upcoming hockey stadium in WS and the location was called as northeast corner of I-75/SR 56 which is not directly across the street from proposed mall outlet but on other side of I-75.

There are some activities going on across the street from proposed mall, but I am 99% sure it's not related to hockey stadium. First, I wasn't able to find a proof this stadium was even approved by the county. Second, the parcels within that area does not support the proposed site plan for hockey stadium, but knowing how Pasco county is slow on updating their records I might be wrong.
I received a letter directly directed to me due to a property we own close by and still I don't even know why they mailed it to me but it was about a public hearing and they clearly were stating the location and that location confused me as well.

If that location is true the I understand that the traffic near my property will increase intensively and maybe that is why I got the letter. I threw it away since I'm not going to the hearing but the name on the envelope was "King....." I don't remember their full name. Sorry.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:17 AM

I think there are some kind of requirements when all effected property owners must be informed about upcoming meeting, so they can voice their concerns. For FDOT it's something like half a mile radius I think.
If the hockey stadium is going to be built on the northwest corner of SR 56 and I-75 it will def. increase the traffic volume.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:27 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,286,213 times
Yes, North of 56 and West of 75. Great location with the Outlet Mall to the South. I have been talking with our County Commissioner and I just hope they do something to stay at least up with the amount of traffic we are talking about. That North section of 54 already is bad as too many seriously slow drivers block the one lane.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Yes, North of 56 and West of 75. Great location with the Outlet Mall to the South. I have been talking with our County Commissioner and I just hope they do something to stay at least up with the amount of traffic we are talking about. That North section of 54 already is bad as too many seriously slow drivers block the one lane.
That makes more sense but the letters stated North West Corner of St Rd 56 and I-75 which to me didn't make sense since the space that is left is very small...that makes me to believe that you are right West of I-75.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 PM

Wesley Chapel magazine (free in the mail) was reporting East corner, and some other sources copied it without following through. Northwest corner makes more sence, but pretty much anything being built there will slow down the traffic. In my opinion anything major out there is too close to I-75 exit which will create back up from I-75 on top of whatever we have now

Old 03-05-2014, 04:13 AM

I'm not sure if the hockey stadium will create a lot of mess but I think the combined increase of shops, etc. is making traffic busier but I will take that since it will boom this area and create jobs and revenue.

On top of that it will save gas by not having to drive to Orlando or Ellenton if we want to go to an Outlet mall.

Some people were against Goodwill coming to that area and there are no issues and no traffic related issues and actually I drop even more off at Goodwill then before which makes me feel good to help out and getting rid of stuff we don't need anymore or clothes that others can enjoy.

I rather bring it to Goodwill apt hen go to Plato's closet where they were so unfriendly aside from hardly giving anything for it...some nice hardly worn jeans (brand names) for $ 3.00 ...well I rather give it to Goodwill for free and have them sell it for more.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:58 PM

OK, it's not northwest corner, it's northeast corner. After some digging I've got the letter King Engineering mailed out.

The project name is Cypress Creek Ice Hockey.
Developer: Zmitch, LLC
Parcel ID: 26-26-19-0000-00100-0010

So, it's on other side of I-75 from proposed outlet mall.

The preliminary plans are avail. for public view during normal business hours M-F at 8731 Citizens Drive, New Port Richey. There are two other locations, but people need to call ahead to schedule a viewing - in LOL and Dade City.

Comments and concerns are welcome within 15 days after receiving a letter. Permit might also be challanged.

So, whatever is going on on west side of I-75 is not related to ice hockey stadium.

For the proposed site, I didn't see plans yet, but looks like they are going to use the area close to hotel (Haptron Inn), but with existing slope and ground it might be challanging to fit proposed stadium. We will see.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:50 PM

As for traffic... I understand more development for this area is good, mall and hockey stadium is a nice addition, but in my opinion it's too close to I-75 and will create a lot of back up for traffic on top of what it is now. More new residential communities are coming to Wesley Chapel, so one day pretty soon this whole area will not be easy to navigate around

In my opinion all these major additions need to be set a little futher from interstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>