Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 02:01 PM

6 posts, read 15,667 times

Advertisements

Planning on relocating to the Tampa area - Looking at Wesley Chapel. Can anyone give me any information? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 02:03 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
What kind of info are you looking for?

Old 02-26-2014, 03:44 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,030 times
Nice area. Mostly looks Rural with subdivisions located all over the place. A very large Mall, called Wiregrass sits at the intersection of Bruce B Downs and HWY 56. A brand new hospital just opened up on Bruce B Downs just North of Wiregrass Mall. A Community College just opened up East of Bruce B Downs with great enrollment numbers.

Big plans also are in the works: Major League Baseball Stadium Complex has been given the go ahead East of Wiregrass Mall (I do not know exactly where) but supposed to be numerous baseball fields with the goal of having National Tournaments here as well. An Outlet Mall is scheduled to be open next Summer South of the intersection of HWY 56/54 and on the North side of that intersection a huge Hockey, Ice Skating, Speed Skating Complex has just been proposed.

As I said, BIG PLANS in the works.

Wesley Chapel High School sits up off of HWY 54. Watergrass Community is very new out there and has seen some building. A little slow lately however from what I am told. Seven Oaks is a larger community just West of HWY 56 and Bruce B Downs intersection. It sectioned off into smaller subdivisions, some gated and some not. Taylor Morrison has recently opened up a community here as well. There are numerous well established home communities that run the spectrum in prices. If you follow Highway 54 there are communities that will run you into the low 100,000 to the upper 400,000 in prices (some a bit higher than that).

If you look on Google Earth, the leg of HWY 54 that comes from Land O Lakes then splits to form HWY 56 (with HWY 54 going North) is where numerous communities are located.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What kind of info are you looking for?

I'm looking for good areas vs bad areas. We are planning on renting at first and I was wondering about good locations to live.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Nice area. Mostly looks Rural with subdivisions located all over the place. A very large Mall, called Wiregrass sits at the intersection of Bruce B Downs and HWY 56. A brand new hospital just opened up on Bruce B Downs just North of Wiregrass Mall. A Community College just opened up East of Bruce B Downs with great enrollment numbers.

Big plans also are in the works: Major League Baseball Stadium Complex has been given the go ahead East of Wiregrass Mall (I do not know exactly where) but supposed to be numerous baseball fields with the goal of having National Tournaments here as well. An Outlet Mall is scheduled to be open next Summer South of the intersection of HWY 56/54 and on the North side of that intersection a huge Hockey, Ice Skating, Speed Skating Complex has just been proposed.

As I said, BIG PLANS in the works.

Wesley Chapel High School sits up off of HWY 54. Watergrass Community is very new out there and has seen some building. A little slow lately however from what I am told. Seven Oaks is a larger community just West of HWY 56 and Bruce B Downs intersection. It sectioned off into smaller subdivisions, some gated and some not. Taylor Morrison has recently opened up a community here as well. There are numerous well established home communities that run the spectrum in prices. If you follow Highway 54 there are communities that will run you into the low 100,000 to the upper 400,000 in prices (some a bit higher than that).

If you look on Google Earth, the leg of HWY 54 that comes from Land O Lakes then splits to form HWY 56 (with HWY 54 going North) is where numerous communities are located.

Thank you! This has been a big help.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:37 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,030 times
The only area that really has cheaper homes, less than 150K that may not be the most desirable for everyone, is the section over by Magnolia Street, Tampa Downs, Steel Dust Lane, a couple along Old Pasco Road and some Trailer Parks. They are not bad, they are just a little older and not as expensive.

Overall Wesley Chapel is a pretty nice area. Much newer, modern, places to eat, two Malls (Groves and Wiregrass), I rarely see a homeless person, very actively policed by State Police and Pasco Sherriff. Comfortable living for sure. Gets very quiet after 10 PM or so. A few places to eat and drink remain open, but not a whole lot of action later in the evening.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 PM

Depending if you want to rent in a HOA community with amenities or if you rather live in a rural area....Wesley Chapel can offer both.

It is overall a nice area with a lot of new shops, restaurants and a lot of new places open all the time.

Gulfer already mentioned most of the plans that are in the make and there are also nice areas for people who like to be active.

In. New Tampa which is close by you can go and run, bike, rollerblade, etc.

We have a movie theater and another one in. New Tampa.

Easy access to get to. Orlando for shopping, Theme parks or if you need to use Orlando airport. Close to I-75 to head north or south which makes it perfect located.

Only if you want to be at the beach very often you may want to live closer since it is 1 hour drive depending on traffic.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:05 PM

138 posts, read 153,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia73 View Post
Planning on relocating to the Tampa area - Looking at Wesley Chapel. Can anyone give me any information? Thank you!
Wesley Chapel is great if you are an older white retiree scared of diversity,
Nothing says welcome to Tampa better than the largest confederate flag in the world flying from I-4 and I-75 junction.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:32 AM

237 posts, read 391,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanPapi View Post
Nothing says welcome to Tampa better than the largest confederate flag in the world flying from I-4 and I-75 junction.

Meanwhile, back on Mars...

Old 02-27-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanPapi View Post
So why are you mentioning that flag while it is approx. 30 min. Driving on the interstate From Wesley Chapel and not even in the same county as. Wesley. Chapel.

Btw that flag was at one time an official flag and it were the Republicans who were against slavery and made an end to it. Many people don't even know that part...but aside from that it is something that is BS to bring up on a thread like this.

I live in Wesley Chapel and as a realtor we can't comment on race, etc. but as a home owner I can comment on my own neighborhood since this poster brought it up.

The community I live in has an average age of approx. 40 and we have many different backgrounds and people from all religions and race.

I couldn't even say which race would be the majority since I have the feeling it is completely balanced and people overall get along very well and if they don't get along it is because of other things.

In my sub community, we have people from Puerto. Rico, Canada, England, Holland, France, Ireland, Germany United States (many from Ohio, NY, NJ, etc.). I may not even know other countries others are coming from... Asians, Hispanics, African Americans, White.

It is a complete mixture and what the above poster that I quoted is writing shows he either never been in Wesley chapel and just has a secondary reason to bring this up.

We never had race or religion issues in our area and I never heard of race or religion issues in Wesley chapel just the regular issues with some young people who think that vandalism is ok but after we started with pool monitoring and people were foreclosed on that eliminated a lot of the issues since some of the foreclosed homes in our community had parents who never looked at their kids and these were the troubled kids and they are gone.

I would suggest if the OP needs to know more info to look at Pasco sheriff's website which is a great tool to check on crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay