Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 06:23 PM

79 posts, read 89,198 times

Advertisements

That is what I think. back in the early 80's a friend of mine told me he was moving to FL. I asked him what he was going to do about work. He said that he would go down and run circles around the locals no matter what he did because the locals are lazy and dumb. He made out really well down here.

/
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I think there's resentment of the fact a good portion are more economically well-off than many of the natives/long time locals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 01:50 AM

792 posts, read 2,291,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
And destroy any sign that there was a natural habitat in this state (links to tbo) all to make a dollar. Amazing isnt it.

Neighbors fight to save old grand oaks
No worse than the maggot house flippers who drive up the price of ordinary homes to the point where ordinary people can't afford to live here.

That's what capitalism is though, exploiting the weakest part of society.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:30 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Our street was just re-lined with live oak trees after the initial planting of trees didn't take or the trees were diseased. I learned that the county (Hillsborough) requires the developer to plant a certain number and species of trees on the development. Sounds like the county is doing something to replace what has been removed.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:36 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
You typically have to plant one tree for each tree removed. In the event of a Grand Oak, you have to plant a specified number of trees dependent upon the diameter of the tree trunk you are cutting down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay