Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 09:03 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times

Advertisements

I would say Carrollwood/Citrus Park/Westchase

I would also say don't rule out Town N County completely. Dana Shore, for example, is nice place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 09:05 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
Carrollwood and Citrus Park is my suggestion.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
30 min? Yea not so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Do you know where Egypt Lake is?
To go west to Palm Harbor/East Lake you have to cut across the million people trying to get to or out of Carrolwood/Lutz/Northdale then Citrus Park/Westchase, that traffic doesnt die down until 7pm, depending on how you cut across you might have to deal with the flooding at Hillsborough during the summer.
Sorry, from your "well-written" original post I thought you were referring to the trip between East Lake and Clearwater Beach. I do know where Egypt Lake is, NE of the intersection of Hillsborough and Dale Mabry. The OP would take SR580/Hillsborough Ave east to Dale Mabry, then north about a mile. The OP also stated they would be working from 10am to 6pm (non-rush hour) and the trip is about 12-13 miles, so care to explain how it's going to take an hour in your scenario??? I would recommend to the OP to try the drive when you arrive before making decisions based off of some of these recommendations.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:20 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Northdale has several homes for rent in your price range.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:28 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
This..

Going to east lake/palm harbor would be way more than 30minute. There is no way you can do it at that time. May be 50minutes to 1 hour, if you are lucky. I doubt if you can do 30 minute at mid-night let alone in daily traffic. When you come here, do the commute and see it for yourself.
I'm really wondering about some of these posts. I make the drive frequently at that hour (9:30-10am) from Safety Harbor which is even further than East Lake and I routinely make it to the Veteran's Expressway in under 30 minutes.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:35 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Sorry, from your "well-written" original post I thought you were referring to the trip between East Lake and Clearwater Beach. I do know where Egypt Lake is, NE of the intersection of Hillsborough and Dale Mabry. The OP would take SR580/Hillsborough Ave east to Dale Mabry, then north about a mile. The OP also stated they would be working from 10am to 6pm (non-rush hour) and the trip is about 12-13 miles, so care to explain how it's going to take an hour in your scenario??? I would recommend to the OP to try the drive when you arrive before making decisions based off of some of these recommendations.
North a mile to go where Carrolwood? Have you driven Hillsborough going west in the afternoon rush hour? btw 6pm still rush hour. Dale Mabry on a friday afternoon it can take your 30 min to drive that mile which again would put you in Carrolwood not East Lake.

To the OP,

If you can find something in Old Carrolwood that would be ideal, The subdivisioned Carrolwood would also work you would be fine in the morning in the afternoon it would probably take you the 25-30 min in very slow traffic, depending on how far in you are, I would also look at Northdale if you want to push your commute by 10 min in the afternoon, thats really nice area, I would prefer that over subdivisioned Carrolwood.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:39 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
I'm really wondering about some of these posts. I make the drive frequently at that hour (9:30-10am) from Safety Harbor which is even further than East Lake and I routinely make it to the Veteran's Expressway in under 30 minutes.
Yea we all know once you hit the veterans you are home free right? No traffic there, not to mention you still have to cut across, lets say you take Waters, the light at Dale Mabry can change 3 times before you make that intersection.

To the OP,

Old 03-28-2014, 11:59 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times
Quote:
The OP is not looking to get to veterans. Go back and read. As always you fail to understand what's being asked.

The distance he is looking to drive is not 12 to 13 miles as you put it. Using a generous calculation it is around 18miles. That is from Egypt lake to the intersection of McMullen and Curlew, where the area you originally suggested, Eastlake or Palm Harbor starts. Now you are talking about distance from Safety harbor to veterans? I drive everyday in that direction and I know how much it takes. I usually drive 5mph over the posted limit and take more than 30minutes for less distance than the OP. How is this difficult to comprehend?

Last edited by Pragmaticus; 03-28-2014 at 12:10 PM..

Old 03-28-2014, 03:49 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
I live either in, or just outside of Egypt Lake (I live around the Sligh/Dale Mabry area). I've been here two years now. I like it. It's a nice area. A lot of Cuban food (a weakness of mine). The biggest downside that might turn a few people off is the fact that it is a heavily Hispanic area. That may bother you, may not. Just be aware. Outside of that, there's easy access to Citrus Park, Westshore, Raymond James is across the street, HCC is right up the road, and you are in the middle of north and south Tampa. I, personally, wouldn't move anywhere else in the city. Some would probably prefer more south Tampa, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay