Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 08:43 AM

464 posts, read 645,158 times

Advertisements

We moved from AZ to Gulfport and we didn't bring any furniture. We looked everywhere in the St. Pete area for a few weeks and bought our new furniture at Kanes. Their buyers seem to have a sense of style that suits us perfectly. Their general quality of goods is better than what we saw elsewhere at the same or higher prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 10:47 PM

185 posts, read 170,540 times
Was in Kane's this afternoon looking at dining sets. The has some - regular price $599 on sale for the 4th of July at $581. Is that what they call a sale at Kane's?

Old 07-03-2014, 01:39 AM

145 posts, read 229,471 times
I'm a big Kane's fan. My wife as well. We outfitted our 2 bed condo from there. For $7k we received high quality items. We shopped for weeks comparing back and forth before finally (always) going back to Kane's. I am a construction/quality freak and always judging it (dovetail on drawers, sturdiness of framework on chairs and beds, wood types, etc) Kane's simply won every time in any price category we tried. The staff was courteous and delivery was perfect and professional. I have only complaint and it is for a person I never met. Here goes....

Like I mentioned we bought a lot for a 2 bed condo. During the selections our sales person made a comment on the entertainment center we were bundling up. He said, "I know the manager would take a $100 off and make this $600 vrs the $700 listed since you are buying so much...let me go get him". Well, he was in a meeting and told a customer was waiting to speak with him....45 minutes go by and he still does not show up. Our sales guy said sorry like 20 times because this lazy manager would not take 3 minutes to talk to a customer. Sooooo, we said screw it and just bought it at $700 with the rest...we really liked it and were not prepared to walk off the deal because of a lazy manager. Oh well. Other than that I like Kane's mucho mucho mucho!

Old 07-04-2014, 07:13 AM

40 posts, read 47,979 times
We just went to Kane's and ended up getting the living room , dinning room, and the guest bedroom all there. But it was the first place we looked so I am no expert. Just happy to not be shopping for furniture any more!

Old 07-04-2014, 08:10 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just add saltwater View Post
We just went to Kane's and ended up getting the living room , dinning room, and the guest bedroom all there. But it was the first place we looked so I am no expert. Just happy to not be shopping for furniture any more!

Ashley funiture is no good IMO, we bought a recliner in Joliet illionis at a Ashley store. It was broken from the get go, took over 3 weeks to get repaired. Then same chair the leather ripped on the side. We had extended warranty. When we moved to Clearwater we contacted there customer service. They delivered a new chair and guess what the recliner did not open. We called and they said they would send a repair person. I said no and went to the clearwater store and demanded to see a manager. I told him I wanted a new chair not a repair. They agreed. So I. Will never buy from Ashley again. American signature funiture in st. Pete is really value city funiture up north. They are not to bad,had trouble with them also with another recliner. I bought a $800 leather recliner and it was ripping were the handle was to open chair. They sent a repair man, said he had to order new seat. 3 months went by nothing went back to store seen a manager again he said my chair was no longer made. He apologize and said to pick out another chair even if it was more than what I paid for mine. Now that was very nice so I would buy from them again.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:27 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Days furniture is fantastic.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:00 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Kane's has a long history. They have quality stuff at a decent price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay