Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 04:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 21,228,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Yoy are saying that almost 100% of renters are bad..?

Wow! We manage a lot of homes in the area with great nice renters who are paying on time and they are hard working people.

If you look at other areas and the overall economy and housing market you can see that lot of investors came into the area and all renting their properties out.

That is preventing homes from being abandoned and a lot of them have been sold aside from other homes being sold.

Pasco County sheriff's office has cleaned up some bad areas as there are bad areas every where in the world. Nothing new and that will unfortunately always happen.

The County also stepped in with some programs to fix up homes and turn areas around which also has happened and you can see that some bad streets are now changing but of course there are some streets that are still not like others...nothing new but to say the entire area from Holiday to Hudson is bad just because you lost money during the housing down turn is a personal statement that you keep repeating and is so biased and bad but that is JMO!

You are entitled to your opinion and we are entitled to the facts!
You don't live where i do and i say 80% of the renters are bad. When you come live in my hood then you are free to run that keyboard. We have someone here that makes money selling and renting homes in this area so we all know this person is gonna lie to make a buck.

Last edited by Sunscape; 10-09-2015 at 03:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 05:07 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Me and my wife are renters by choose, we do not want to take on another house and all that comes along wiith it, like maintenance, hireing out for lawn service, and paying for homeowners. We already had our homes we are in out late 50s and early 60s. I would never buy a home here I have seen how badly they are constructed my father was a carpenter and my grandfather was a general contractor so I know about construction and shabby workmanship. We could buy if we wanted to but we rather rent and not have to worry about things breaking down. Im done doing home repairs and landscaping.
We have many proud renters who value others property and maintain it like it is their own and for many reasons don't want or can't buy and they are good people.

We only have a low percentage of bad tenants and most of them we avoid by conducting background checks.

Some people always see the glass half full ...tenants like Vannort54 describes are good tenants and there are many more like that.

When people talk about home owners being under water it is or was the majority but then "ON PAPER"!

The percentage of people dealing with a short sale and/or foreclosure was a way lower percentage even though it felt like it was almost everyone but most people sat at the sidelines waiting just as many still are waiting to move.

One rotten apple in a neighborhood can be a huge issue but when the rotten apple is gone an area can and will change.

People who can't see or want change and keep hung up on how bad everything is will never see a positive side and may need to do something to help out in the neighborhood to make changes possible.

If you see someone who has no clue about yard work, perhaps offer some advise or help and you may see a change instead of just complaining. If it doesn't help then at least you gave it a try.

I know Pasco sheriff's office has gone out and made a change in many areas and they keep doing it and with the help of the public they can resolve more crimes and clean up areas. Pasco County has the special program where homes they got donated that they fixed up and sold at cost price and they did that many times over in New Port Richey and Holiday and many streets cleaned up a lot.

Some home buyers bought these homes with less money then they would have needed to pay towards security deposit, etc. and these homes had new roofs, new A/C's, remodeled, etc.

Hillsborough County also has a similar program for the areas that were hard hit but it will need more time just like every Town, County, State will has it areas/streets.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:32 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,123,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
We have many proud renters who value others property and maintain it like it is their own and for many reasons don't want or can't buy and they are good people.

We only have a low percentage of bad tenants and most of them we avoid by conducting background checks.

Some people always see the glass half full ...tenants like Vannort54 describes are good tenants and there are many more like that.

When people talk about home owners being under water it is or was the majority but then "ON PAPER"!

The percentage of people dealing with a short sale and/or foreclosure was a way lower percentage even though it felt like it was almost everyone but most people sat at the sidelines waiting just as many still are waiting to move.

One rotten apple in a neighborhood can be a huge issue but when the rotten apple is gone an area can and will change.

People who can't see or want change and keep hung up on how bad everything is will never see a positive side and may need to do something to help out in the neighborhood to make changes possible.

If you see someone who has no clue about yard work, perhaps offer some advise or help and you may see a change instead of just complaining. If it doesn't help then at least you gave it a try.

I know Pasco sheriff's office has gone out and made a change in many areas and they keep doing it and with the help of the public they can resolve more crimes and clean up areas. Pasco County has the special program where homes they got donated that they fixed up and sold at cost price and they did that many times over in New Port Richey and Holiday and many streets cleaned up a lot.

Some home buyers bought these homes with less money then they would have needed to pay towards security deposit, etc. and these homes had new roofs, new A/C's, remodeled, etc.

Hillsborough County also has a similar program for the areas that were hard hit but it will need more time just like every Town, County, State will has it areas/streets.
Have to add that we rent a 3 bedroom townhouse that is only 11 yrs old. It's in a good area in Clearwater. No ghetto just sex offenders in a apartment complex down the road. All the townhomes are in excellent condition in my complex, they are picky who they rent to. In our case we send our Landloard 6 mts of rent checks at a time, that way our rent is always on time. He cashes one at the first of the month. But like I said we do not want to buy we have had our houses.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:35 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
You know what you can do with your so called facts. You don't live where i do and i say 80% of the renters are bad. When you come live in my hood then you are free to run that keyboard. We have someone here that makes money selling and renting homes in this area so we all know this person is gonna lie to make a buck.
We have an economy that is largely based on service jobs, our educational attainment rates are low, with average pay of <$10/hr where are you supposed to live, these towns provide housing for a large segment of our population. The great majority of workers in our factory floor live in NPR, Holiday those places and they are good hard working people there are some that live out in hernando but a longer commute also means more time and cost, in my observation the low income workers who live closer in Pinellas tend to be either Asian or Black while most white people tend to go out to Holiday, NPR and such so there is a racial divide in this.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 695 times
I know this is an old thread but in case anyone still reads these, I would like to say Holiday isn't as bad as some people make it sound. I live in the 34690 area code, east of 19, in a neighborhood called Forest Hills. I'm in my mid 30s and have lived between Palm Harbor and Holiday most of my life. Before I moved to Holiday, the thought of living here terrified me, but that was because I believed in the rumors. Well, when I wanted to buy my first house, Holiday was the most affordable per sq foot, so I swallowed my pride and invested in a house in Holiday. I'm glad I did because in a few short years my house gained 40k in equity. I can say I never had a problem with my neighbors, even the guy next door who smokes marijuana. He's the nicest neighbor I could have. I personally don't even drink or even associate with anyone who does drugs, especially the hardcore ones. Furthermore, i have a child that's in grade school, he went to a public charter school his first 2 years and now goes to a private school, which I can afford because I opt not to pay as much towards my mortgage. The charter school he went to was just as comparable to some of the charter schools in more prestigious areas but I pulled him out because I didnt like the common core method. So anyways I came on here to say Holiday in of itself isn't all that bad, it depends on you. If anything this city is more of an eye sore in serious need of property owners who will respectfully maintain their homes.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:20 PM

6 posts, read 5,330 times
Hows Holiday these days? 2016?

Old 03-21-2016, 04:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 21,228,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGNA View Post
Hows Holiday these days? 2016?
The same and won't change until a CAT 5 storm blows everything away 10 miles inland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay