Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 07:38 AM

6,583 posts, read 4,959,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I sometimes wonder how people with such little common sense make it through life.

How did it never occur to the OP to actually ASK waste management what to do?
They are going to tell her to take it to the collection point, that is the process, you take your tax bill to prove you are a resident and you haven't exceed your allotment. There is a 20 page guide on their site
http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/Do...nter/View/8896
you can print out the tax bill at
Hillsborough County Tax Collector
if it matches your name you are home free, if not you will need a copy of your lease that should have the name of the tax payer in it. Other than that you can it take to a landfill and pay the fee, or call a junk removal service to take it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 05:50 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,234,143 times
so, OP, did you make the call?

Old 04-07-2014, 07:10 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,579,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
good idea - or pay someone to haul it off - beats renting a van/truck to do it yourself.....or list on craigslist - sometimes just leaving it out by the curb with "free" sign gets it taken away -----worked for me.
The HOA here would self combust if we left anything at the curb! LOL it might be fun just to see their reaction! Hahahahah

To the poster above: dude...this has nothing to do with common sense! Waste Management is making me go through loops and bounds to get rid of some carpet that doesn't fit in my car, is heavy as hell, and disgusting, when in fact I SHOULD just leave it at the curb and have the bulk pick up pick it up!!!! We don't rip carpets for a living, this was a once in a lifetime thing for us...and I am not sure why I should be familiar with "everything" under the sun that doesn't usually affect me at all! Common sense is lacking at their side for NOT providing us with bulk pick up anymore! How much more crap does a homeowner have to put up with exactly? Cause so far it's not the "American Dream" to own a home, but more like the "American Nightmare!" I miss renting!

South Florida HAS bulk pick up still!

BucFan, I didn't call because honestly I didn't have time...and I liked IRISH's idea better....

Old 04-08-2014, 12:25 AM

56 posts, read 109,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I sometimes wonder how people with such little common sense make it through life.

How did it never occur to the OP to actually ASK waste management what to do?

^^^ This ^^^

Old 04-08-2014, 01:16 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,731,320 times
We have a couch we need to get rid of (i dont think we can even give it away, we accidentally tore it while getting it to the garage), but our lease is with a company not the actual owner of the house. I have a feeling we'll pay to have it gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay