Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2014, 12:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,170 times

Advertisements

Hello-

There's a chance my family of 4 maybe moving to Florida due to a transfer. It will be in the Tampa area and work will be in Plant City. We've been looking specifically in Hillsborough County mostly the Lithia area but open to other areas. Schools are our top priority and through research our concern has been school rankings area because they are a bit on the low side. We're looking at Middle school (7th) & High School (freshman). Magnet schools have lotteries or hoops to go through so I don't want to even put that in the equation because it's not a 100%. Private not an option.

Thoughts about this area: Schools, Friendly Neighborhoods, Area activities etc.

It would be greatly appreciated is anyone had an input about this area.

Thanks ahead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 01:56 PM

6,606 posts, read 4,986,389 times
Valrico, and drum roll...... fishawk ranch.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:14 PM

794 posts, read 1,856,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowToSun View Post
Hello-

There's a chance my family of 4 maybe moving to Florida due to a transfer. It will be in the Tampa area and work will be in Plant City. We've been looking specifically in Hillsborough County mostly the Lithia area but open to other areas. Schools are our top priority and through research our concern has been school rankings area because they are a bit on the low side. We're looking at Middle school (7th) & High School (freshman). Magnet schools have lotteries or hoops to go through so I don't want to even put that in the equation because it's not a 100%. Private not an option.

Thoughts about this area: Schools, Friendly Neighborhoods, Area activities etc.

It would be greatly appreciated is anyone had an input about this area.

Thanks ahead!
What's wrong with living in Walden Lake in Plant City?

Old 04-10-2014, 03:29 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,330,602 times
that was my first thought - but I don't know anything about the schools

Old 04-10-2014, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,170 times
Never heard of Walden Lakes. I've been trying to research the specific neighborhood of Walden Lake but can't seem to find anything. If possible, can someone send a link for the area so I can look at homes. Tx ahead.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:43 PM

794 posts, read 1,856,105 times
Here is some information that may help you:

Walden Lake
Plant City Golf - Walden Lake Golf & Country Club - 813-752-1171
Plant City High School
Plant City Chamber of Commerce Official Site | History | Local Economy | Opportunity
Relocating To Plant City Florida | Public Information
33566 Real Estate - Plant City, FL 33566 Homes for Sale - realtor.com®
Plant City Travel Guide
Florida Strawberry Festival
Plant City FL Real Estate - 971 Homes For Sale - Zillow

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need additional information.

Good Luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: