Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 09:52 AM

216 posts, read 438,356 times

Advertisements

Would I be nuts to rent in Northeast St. Pete, and commute to downtown Tampa each day?

Northeast St. Pete seems very appealing to me. I have seen a couple of posts where people said that the commute via the Gandy Bridge would be 30 minutes, more or less.

Anyone have this commute and can chime in?

Thanks for the help - I am not finding much as far as appealing s.f. homes that I can afford in good areas of Tampa, but this area looks great, and I'd love to be closer to the marinas and the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 10:41 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeCity View Post
Would I be nuts to rent in Northeast St. Pete, and commute to downtown Tampa each day?

Northeast St. Pete seems very appealing to me. I have seen a couple of posts where people said that the commute via the Gandy Bridge would be 30 minutes, more or less.

Anyone have this commute and can chime in?

Thanks for the help - I am not finding much as far as appealing s.f. homes that I can afford in good areas of Tampa, but this area looks great, and I'd love to be closer to the marinas and the beach.
Thats about right, unless you are going into tampa in the afternoon rush hour, it shouldnt take you more than 30 min. to get downtown on an average day. Assuming an eastbound morning commute and a westbound afternoon.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:47 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Considering all the traffic going from St Pete to Tampa in rush hours you certainly wont be alone in your choice of living in St Pete and working in Tampa, I'd say the commute wouldnt be a deal breaker but more of a daily inconvenience.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:32 PM

Thanks. I am thinking I want to focus on Tampa for my initial residence. As much as Old Northeast is appealing, I am thinking about saving the wear and tear on my car, and gas costs with current vehicle...I'll be renting for the first year in Tampa, if I find that I really love St. Pete after spending time in the area, I can always look at purchasing there. I'd probably want to change to a more efficient vehicle for that commute also.

It's too bad, with some many commuters from St. Pete to Tampa, that there is not an express bus service like there is from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, which allows riders to work (wi-fi) or rest on the commute of about the same length...

Old 04-11-2014, 04:53 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,165,263 times
Ita. It's too bad there's not an area in Tampa similar to Old Northeast - St Pete. Is there?

Old 04-11-2014, 05:36 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
Ita. It's too bad there's not an area in Tampa similar to Old Northeast - St Pete. Is there?
Hyde park ,Palma ceia, the east side of south Tampa for the most part.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:36 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeCity View Post
It's too bad, with so many commuters from St. Pete to Tampa, that there is not an express bus service like there is from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, which allows riders to work (wi-fi) or rest on the commute of about the same length...
There is. It's called the 100X and it goes from Gateway Mall to Downtown Tampa in about 40 minutes.

http://www.gohart.org/routes/commute...route_100x.pdf
http://www.gohart.org/routes/commute..._100x_300x.pdf

Old 04-12-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Hyde park ,Palma ceia, the east side of south Tampa for the most part.
Unfortunately, the rents on single family homes in this area are much higher and the quality/character and appeal of the housing is not the same.
I am looking to stay under $1500 and find a SF home with 2BR/2BA with a well kept and fenced yard. I have dogs also, so that limits me.

And thanks for the info on the express bus... that is good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay