Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 07:34 AM

226 posts, read 339,670 times

Advertisements

I had heard that about Chik-fil-A Irish....interesting and I can see that happening. They also got a ton of business even if they were boycotted recently for the founders opinion.

I'll tell you this much-their employees are awesome, I've had exceptionally fast and friendly service, and they are well and above any other fast food joint in terms of flavor/quality. OH....and a lot of times they give me a bisquit for my dog if she's in the car

My soon to be of working age teen says if he can't find something in retail for his first job he'd take Chik-fil-A for a first job in a heart beat. Some companies just do it right IMO.

ALso, IMO...Publix has been another one of these. It is literally 1-2 min drive away- only .7 of a mile. It's hours work for me..the customer service has been way above other places, their prices are competitive if you shop right. I get their weekly add, I get BOGO deals, look for what's on sale to plan my weekly menus around the sales. Their quality is good, they have a decent selection of greenwise and Intl products. I get my prescriptions their also.

On the rare occasion I've had to return an item it was seamless...it's clean-they stock up on things I ask for they may not have...Granted I don't have a TJ's close to me to compare.

For me, they got it right....and w/exception of occasional trip to Sam's for bulk items, Publix still is my go to place after close to 20 years. A small inconvenience like Easter or other HOlidays being closed??? No biggie.

Places that grab peoples loyalty ...they get it for a reason. And everyone's preference will be different. I see no need for them to expand hours to serve more masses of people when what they have already brings a profit and works great for their customers and employees.

We've become a very demanding society-I stand by that- we want everyone to accomodate our 'special needs'-businesses will jump at our demands to make a buck...and more people end up working extended hours. It just gets worse...the morale of employees decrease, sales are affected, the quality of people in a place declines.

Take a look at clientele at 24hr Walmart or grocery stores...hmmmm-- Is longer hours better? NO, not to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 01:51 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
My son started out as a Publix cashier at sixteen...it was a great place for him and when we moved in his senior year they relocated him close to our new home...heard great things about Chik-fil-a too...It's great for a high school kid to have off at least one day...to relax and get homework done...IMO!

Old 04-24-2014, 02:09 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
My son started out as a Publix cashier at sixteen...it was a great place for him and when we moved in his senior year they relocated him close to our new home...heard great things about Chik-fil-a too...It's great for a high school kid to have off at least one day...to relax and get homework done...IMO!
Can't someone else work that day, if your kid is not working the store closes?

Old 04-24-2014, 03:24 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overit2 View Post
I had heard that about Chik-fil-A Irish....interesting and I can see that happening. They also got a ton of business even if they were boycotted recently for the founders opinion.

I'll tell you this much-their employees are awesome, I've had exceptionally fast and friendly service, and they are well and above any other fast food joint in terms of flavor/quality. OH....and a lot of times they give me a bisquit for my dog if she's in the car

My soon to be of working age teen says if he can't find something in retail for his first job he'd take Chik-fil-A for a first job in a heart beat. Some companies just do it right IMO.

ALso, IMO...Publix has been another one of these. It is literally 1-2 min drive away- only .7 of a mile. It's hours work for me..the customer service has been way above other places, their prices are competitive if you shop right. I get their weekly add, I get BOGO deals, look for what's on sale to plan my weekly menus around the sales. Their quality is good, they have a decent selection of greenwise and Intl products. I get my prescriptions their also.

On the rare occasion I've had to return an item it was seamless...it's clean-they stock up on things I ask for they may not have...Granted I don't have a TJ's close to me to compare.

For me, they got it right....and w/exception of occasional trip to Sam's for bulk items, Publix still is my go to place after close to 20 years. A small inconvenience like Easter or other HOlidays being closed??? No biggie.

Places that grab peoples loyalty ...they get it for a reason. And everyone's preference will be different. I see no need for them to expand hours to serve more masses of people when what they have already brings a profit and works great for their customers and employees.

We've become a very demanding society-I stand by that- we want everyone to accomodate our 'special needs'-businesses will jump at our demands to make a buck...and more people end up working extended hours. It just gets worse...the morale of employees decrease, sales are affected, the quality of people in a place declines.

Take a look at clientele at 24hr Walmart or grocery stores...hmmmm-- Is longer hours better? NO, not to me.
Great post!

Old 04-24-2014, 03:58 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Can't someone else work that day, if your kid is not working the store closes?
LOL but low men on the totem pole ie:teenagers draw the short straw when it comes to scheduling...

Old 04-24-2014, 04:31 PM

41 posts, read 75,966 times
It is the young people that will be expected to work Sundays, weekends and holidays. Always.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:44 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overit2 View Post

I agree, great post and I tried to give reps but can't just yet. Publix is a great store, still the best overall of any. I get my diabetes prescription for FREE there. And as you said, they offer a great selection of Greenwise and international products. No matter where else I shop in any given week, Publix is always one of my stops. And NO ONE can beat their rotisserie chicken! NO ONE!

Old 04-25-2014, 07:58 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I agree, great post and I tried to give reps but can't just yet. Publix is a great store, still the best overall of any. I get my diabetes prescription for FREE there. And as you said, they offer a great selection of Greenwise and international products. No matter where else I shop in any given week, Publix is always one of my stops. And NO ONE can beat their rotisserie chicken! NO ONE!
AND their fried chicken is AMAZING! Oh my goodness … my family and I swear it's got crack in it or something.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:04 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
AND their fried chicken is AMAZING! Oh my goodness … my family and I swear it's got crack in it or something.
Hehe - I think it does - I had to stop buying it cause I could not stop eating it!

Old 04-26-2014, 09:35 AM

120 posts, read 154,850 times
Quote:
And NO ONE can beat their rotisserie chicken! NO ONE!
Based largely on your effusive praise...and not really wanting to cook last night...I purchased
one of Publix rotisserie chicken's <original flavor.> It was, to mix a metaphor..."FINGER
LICKIN GOOD!!!"

Thanks 4 the heads up gypsychic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay