Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 06:02 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times

Advertisements

As a former NYer(Bayside,Queens)...I believe my children had a better quality of life growing up here in Palm Harbor...but if I was childless...I would live in the city and summer in the Hamptons...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 08:03 PM

185 posts, read 318,490 times
Spot on lol

Old 04-25-2014, 08:07 PM

4,479 posts, read 3,848,623 times
Spring Hillians post about the New Yorkers was freaking brilliant. So exactly right.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:06 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Spring Hillians post about the New Yorkers was freaking brilliant. So exactly right.

Very nice of you to say so. I have found to ring so true though.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:15 PM

210 posts, read 382,329 times
Okay, first I need to state that I am not moved to the Tampa area yet, but will be in about 4-6 months.

And I am not whining, only stating a fact. You can't get good thin crust pizza anywhere but NYC and the Jersey Shore.

I am so looking forward to the many different facets of living in Florida, and after many visits I know the benefits will outweigh the disadvantages for ME. However, I will definitely need to come back to the NY metro area for pizza on occasion.

Thanks to the OP for a good chuckle. I have traveled a lot in my career and those "nice" Midwesterners are always gossiping behind your back but smiling to you face--and I really think schadenfreude was invented there. Yep, saw lots of it. Definitely prefer the in-your-face honesty of the NY metro area...

Anyway, different strokes for different folks. Happiness comes from within....it is a choice...

Old 04-27-2014, 07:45 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times
NY pizza is disgusting, first of all.
I'd much rather have a California style pizza. . healthier and not as greasy.
Also, dirty water hot dogs? um, no thanks.

I'm from Philly and do NOT miss the food, the people, the weather, the Fall, the change of seasons, the apple-picking, etc.
The fact is, most ppl don't go apple picking. Most people dont eat grinders and cheesesteaks on a daily basis. Most people dont eat NY style pizza either. It sucks.

NYC is straight up ugly. I mean, ugly. It is utterly crowded and there is trash everywhere. All over the streets on the median strips, clogging up the gutters, pot-holed roads, rude people, etc. I was driving in Queens last week for work and just gazed around at how utterly ugly it is. It's like cement, pot-holed streets...telephone poles and wires lining the streets and these cheap looking halal markets and cheap chinese food places places libing the streets in these old run-down looking buildings. I find that disgusting and question their sanitation really. They all look roached infested.

Manhattan is annoying. Just straight up annoying to be in.
If you're a tourist, ok I'll give u that. It could be exciting, but to live and work there? ugh. I couldn't imagine a worse nightmare.

Brooklyn? Um, that was way over-hyped. Again, it was just block after block after block of basically laundromats/random food marts/check-cashing places/ and pawn shops. Not to mention the subway was elevated in brooklyn and was all rusty and disgusting looking going down the main drag. Looked like soviet russia circa 1988...... crumbling.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:30 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post

I'm from Philly and do NOT miss the food, the people, the weather, the Fall, the change of seasons, the apple-picking, etc.
The fact is, most ppl don't go apple picking. Most people dont eat grinders and cheesesteaks on a daily basis. Most people dont eat NY style pizza either. It sucks.

NYC is straight up ugly. I mean, ugly. It is utterly crowded and there is trash everywhere. All over the streets on the median strips, clogging up the gutters, pot-holed roads, rude people, etc. I was driving in Queens last week for work and just gazed around at how utterly ugly it is. It's like cement, pot-holed streets...telephone poles and wires lining the streets and these cheap looking halal markets and cheap chinese food places places libing the streets in these old run-down looking buildings. I find that disgusting and question their sanitation really. They all look roached infested.

If you're a tourist, ok I'll give u that. It could be exciting, but to live and work there? ugh. I couldn't imagine a worse nightmare.

Brooklyn? Um, that was way over-hyped. Again, it was just block after block after block of basically laundromats/random food marts/check-cashing places/ and pawn shops. Not to mention the subway was elevated in brooklyn and was all rusty and disgusting looking going down the main drag. Looked like soviet russia circa 1988...... crumbling.
Someone from philly calling NYC dirty, thats a new one. Healthy pizza? when you guys eat disgusting cheesesteaks with freaking cheese wiz. If I was from Philly I wouldn't miss a thing either, I guess you can always watch reruns of Parking wars if you feel homesick, you know longing for that brotherly love.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:40 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,047 times
Quote:

I've been to New York City recently. I thought NYC was beautiful, especially the area near Central Park. The people there were amazingly friendly, too. When I had trouble navigating the subway system (which, by the way, is very confusing), there were plenty of locals ready and willing to help me figure it out. I will agree with you on one thing … I didn't care for the pizza there at all. Although I wouldn't want to live in NYC long-term, I love visiting there!

Old 04-27-2014, 08:40 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Someone from philly calling NYC dirty, thats a new one. Healthy pizza? when you guys eat disgusting cheesesteaks with freaking cheese wiz. If I was from Philly I wouldn't miss a thing either, I guess you can always watch reruns of Parking wars if you feel homesick, you know longing for that brotherly love.
bro, i've lived in FL for 12 years now.
Philly sucks too. Why u mad? lol

Old 04-27-2014, 09:24 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
There isnt any "grease" in NY pizza. If you go to a place that uses commercial pizza cheese that is where the "grease" comes in. Many good pizza makers use a drizzle of olive oil in their pizza.

Dirty water hot dogs are delicious with cooked red onions, sauerkraut and mustard.

Philly has (had) some good hot pretzels.

Most of NYC is pretty ugly. It is old, tired out and in great disrepair.

I say every structure in NYC is roach infested. Rats are a huge problem as well.

Manhattan is a pain in life. I agree with you there. No redeeming qualities at all.

I did live there and worked there for the first 30 years of my life sans a couple in the military. Not fun at all. Living there sucks the life out of people. Summers are miserable and winters are horrible.

Prior to WWII Manhattan had El's everywhere. Brooklyn has a few. Many lines are underground or in cuts. Less unsightly but the noise is terrible.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay