Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 11:39 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW67 View Post
Thanks Spring Hillian! What do you love/hate about Spring Hill?
I love it because it is not a big city. B/4 coming out here 9 years ago we had lived in Orlando for 17 years.
I love it because its not crowded. Everything I could want is here. I get excellent NYC style pizza, bagels, boar's head deli, knishes and other culinary treats. Its close to the water (Gulf) so fishing is good in the salt water. Rivers such as the Weeki Wachee give fresh water fun. Canoeing, swimming, relaxing.
The area is basically surrounded by conservation lands. Its pretty cheap to live here. We have an electricity cooperative which keeps electric rates down. There are 3 hospitals nearby. You can be in Tampa in less than an hour, 46 miles to Clearwater Beach, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. It is very "nature" friendly here. The area is known as "the nature coast". Lines anywhere arent very bad at all, if any. Orlando/theme parks are 60 miles due east. People are generally friendly. We have an excellent Sheriff's Office. Overall peace and quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
My good friends live close..Hernando Beach and love it. Their daughter and son in law live in Spring hill, they own a little cafe there, Chef's Cafe which I hear is very good.

The only thing I hate about that area is US19
19 can get a little crazy at times. :-) Now that the snowbirds are gone I find it more pleasant.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:44 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
19 can get a little crazy at times. :-) Now that the snowbirds are gone I find it more pleasant.
It wasn't too awful that far north but once you headed south and got around Hudson, New Port Richey...

Old 05-30-2014, 12:16 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
My good friends live close..Hernando Beach and love it. Their daughter and son in law live in Spring hill, they own a little cafe there, Chef's Cafe which I hear is very good.

The only thing I hate about that area is US19
US19 applies to just about everywhere here. That is one reason we chose to live east of it.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I love it because it is not a big city. B/4 coming out here 9 years ago we had lived in Orlando for 17 years.
I love it because its not crowded. Everything I could want is here. I get excellent NYC style pizza, bagels, boar's head deli, knishes and other culinary treats. Its close to the water (Gulf) so fishing is good in the salt water. Rivers such as the Weeki Wachee give fresh water fun. Canoeing, swimming, relaxing.
The area is basically surrounded by conservation lands. Its pretty cheap to live here. We have an electricity cooperative which keeps electric rates down. There are 3 hospitals nearby. You can be in Tampa in less than an hour, 46 miles to Clearwater Beach, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. It is very "nature" friendly here. The area is known as "the nature coast". Lines anywhere arent very bad at all, if any. Orlando/theme parks are 60 miles due east. People are generally friendly. We have an excellent Sheriff's Office. Overall peace and quiet.
Sounds like you are enjoying the Salt Life!

Old 05-30-2014, 01:19 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,526 times
You get best post of the year! This made me laugh out loud but is VERy true! I'm guilty of being annoyed by weather and missing the mid-atlantic lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltzman143 View Post
(Re-posting for all of the people who said it was a great post and should be its own thread.)

I am a Florida native. I have lived here most of my life. I moved away for 15 years (NY, LA) to gather new experiences, and now I am back. I love it here. LOVE IT. It is the perfect combination of fast and slow, the weather is gorgeous 7 months of the year, the people are nice, traffic is tolerable, pollution is low, and it's cheap compared to many large metro areas. It has positives and negatives like any other city.

Before you move here you must know that you will often run into people (on the Internet and in person) who hate living here, complain about it and have a very negative attitude about Tampa and Florida.

It is absolutely true that Tampa Bay and Florida are full of people who moan, groan and whine about Florida. Most of these people have moved here from somewhere else for various reasons (weather is not the only reason, but it's a popular reason). Many of these people were derelict in their duty to put in the months of time and conduct the appropriate research about living here before they made the move. And they are constantly comparing Florida to where they came from.

See if one of the following groups applies to you, and do your research before you too become one of these complainers.

1. The Midwesterners whine about how they miss how "nice" everyone was back in Iowa (insert any Midwestern state here), they miss the Ohio White Castles, the lakes, the Detroit pizza, they miss the Chicago L, shopping at Zingermans and Meijer, the rivers, they miss the cool summers, and on and on. They are really intolerant of the Florida weather. A lot of them move back.

2. The people from the Mid-Atlantic whine about how they miss the DC job market, the "highly educated" populace, the food in Pennsylvania (grinders, cheesesteaks, pizza, etc.), the VA countryside, the transit options, tulips, Delaware beaches, etc.

3. The people from the Northeast and New England REALLY love to moan about how they miss their autumn leaves, the apple picking, the pizza, the lakes, the rivers, the change of seasons, the trains, the seafood, the mountains, Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park, etc. These are some of the worst offenders. They can really whine your ear off.

4. The people who move here from the West Coast and Southwest, they are absolutely miserable because they are not used to humidity and hate the whole Southern attitude found in Florida. They are used to political correctness and liberal towns and In and Out Burger. They are here because they can't afford California. And they hate it. They think Florida is very backward. (Actually so do most of the other people.)

One thing all these groups have in common is they all say Florida drivers are the worst. As if the drivers in every other part of the country are perfect.

To the people thinking about moving here, many of us LOVE IT. But don't say you were not warned.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:28 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,526 times
Yes, it was! It also applies to many of us other whiners from other cities too hahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Spring Hillians post about the New Yorkers was freaking brilliant. So exactly right.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
It wasn't too awful that far north but once you headed south and got around Hudson, New Port Richey...
yes, gets very crowded down that way.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Sounds like you are enjoying the Salt Life!

Enjoying life in general my friend.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Enjoying life in general my friend.
Good for you. Better to enjoy, than be down on everything.......especially with so many great things to enjoy here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay