Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 03:30 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,180,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I was at the store the other day and the thunder started. The butcher said, "Man! That's 5 days in a row this is terrible. I've never seen anything like this."

I responded with, "Were you here last summer, it rained almost every single day all summer."

He said that he was here but didn't remember last summer being so wet. I laughed.
It was pretty darned wet, as I recall. But that's normal for summer. The wetter weather seems a little early this year, however. Although I'm liking this drier, overcast weather right now.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:28 PM

30,424 posts, read 21,234,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I was at the store the other day and the thunder started. The butcher said, "Man! That's 5 days in a row this is terrible. I've never seen anything like this."

I responded with, "Were you here last summer, it rained almost every single day all summer."

He said that he was here but didn't remember last summer being so wet. I laughed.
I sure as heck never got rain everyday last summer. Most people 8 miles or more to my east do get much more rain than i do in the summer. But we all know we do have dry days in the summer.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:49 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
It was pretty darned wet, as I recall. But that's normal for summer. The wetter weather seems a little early this year, however. Although I'm liking this drier, overcast weather right now.
Yep. We are 3.5 miles inland and when things kicked in the middle of June last year we had lots of storms and rain. We shut the irrigation system off for the summer, which is the opposite from everywhere else we lived.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:03 AM

Well it KICKED in the first part of June for my area for 2013.

Over 5" for the first week. The mid part of june we were stuck in a reverse west windflow as you guys can see i got almost no rain for many days. I always keep rainfall amount records incase i need to prove a point.

Last edited by LKJ1988; 06-04-2014 at 04:18 AM..

Old 06-04-2014, 06:51 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,168 times
CHASLS2, you are a treasure. I love a man who deals in facts, keeps good records, and is precise. Thanks for making me smile this morning. Have a great day.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:50 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,424,754 times
thank God Almighty - the last couple of days have been great for outdoor stuff - must be the humidity is down and the cloud cover earlier this a.m. was definitely helpful

Old 06-04-2014, 09:01 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,897,466 times
Another beautiful day in paradise out there. The pup and I just spent some time out there, looking around, me with a big smile on my face and at peace.

Got enough rain previously where now the lawn is thick, lush and green. I just cannot get over how great the weather is here for just about all of the year (except a handful or two of cold winter days).

I love this time of year through the summer where we get mid 60's dew points like today helping to keep it more sun filled and then we can switch to dew points in the low to mid 70's helping to create some absolutely awesome thunderstorms. And then when the fall comes, we don't have to have that awful feeling about what would be coming next.

Spectacular is all I can say. Soak up the beauty of life here while you can. One never knows when things will happen in life to alter or end your ability to enjoy the beauty here. I am taking it minute by minute to appreciate everything, even more than I have in the past.

I am just so thankful for being able to move in time to have been able to enjoy the Salt Life here. We were considering a stop in Texas first, then a move here. I am so glad we bypassed wonderful Austin to come here when we did, not knowing at the time no more moves would be possible. Sometimes luck is even better than the best laid plans. Luck or destiny. Either way, I am glad it will all end here.....enjoying the Salt Life.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:14 PM

440 posts, read 595,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Another beautiful day in paradise out there. The pup and I just spent some time out there, looking around, me with a big smile on my face and at peace.

Got enough rain previously where now the lawn is thick, lush and green. I just cannot get over how great the weather is here for just about all of the year (except a handful or two of cold winter days).

I love this time of year through the summer where we get mid 60's dew points like today helping to keep it more sun filled and then we can switch to dew points in the low to mid 70's helping to create some absolutely awesome thunderstorms. And then when the fall comes, we don't have to have that awful feeling about what would be coming next.

Spectacular is all I can say. Soak up the beauty of life here while you can. One never knows when things will happen in life to alter or end your ability to enjoy the beauty here. I am taking it minute by minute to appreciate everything, even more than I have in the past.

I am just so thankful for being able to move in time to have been able to enjoy the Salt Life here. We were considering a stop in Texas first, then a move here. I am so glad we bypassed wonderful Austin to come here when we did, not knowing at the time no more moves would be possible. Sometimes luck is even better than the best laid plans. Luck or destiny. Either way, I am glad it will all end here.....enjoying the Salt Life.
Couldn't have said it better myself, its pretty hard to hate life down here for many reasons. I'm so glad i made the move i did and i'm not regretting it one bit. Its the smallest things here that intrigue me that other people just overlook on a daily basis.
And then you get a view like this of the sunrise over the Franklin Howard in early morning and it sets the tone for the entire day and makes me so grateful for choosing this place to call my home
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Tampa Bay Summer Season Weather Thread is Now Open!-bridge.jpg  

Old 06-04-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
CHASLS2, you are a treasure. I love a man who deals in facts, keeps good records, and is precise. Thanks for making me smile this morning. Have a great day.
I try. Just can't put up with BS.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:38 PM

Our first little taste of a reverse west windflow today. Wait till the gulf temps cooks up another few degrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay