Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 06:08 PM

80 posts, read 82,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
No, that one's not a scam. In fact I think I actually looked at that one myself many years ago when I first moved to the area. If I recall correctly, some fellow who has some land and a house near the Alafaia River with a couple of cottages he rents out.

But it's not for you, you'd need a car to live there, it's a little off the beaten path. Nice place, though.
aren't all cheap places far away the city center anyway. I was working under the assumption I'd be jogging to a bus station every day in the morning anyway

Old 05-03-2014, 06:10 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syfer1324 View Post
Can't decide between ft myers or Tampa, either way it looks like I can at least afford a trailer or a small mobile home by the week as long as I can find a job quick, thanks guys anymore advice would be appreciated
With MS Office, you can do better than minimum wage. If you want the beach, it's Ft. Myers. Even though it's on the bay, Tampa doesn't have much in the way of beaches, you have to go to Clearwater for that.

There are lots of things you can do with MS office under your belt, believe me.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
With MS Office, you can do better than minimum wage. If you want the beach, it's Ft. Myers. Even though it's on the bay, Tampa doesn't have much in the way of beaches, you have to go to Clearwater for that.

There are lots of things you can do with MS office under your belt, believe me.
Yup, I've always had a bit of a geek side. 75 wpm in the 7th grade teacher didn't believe me. I was hoping to do something with armed security, but that sounds a little sketchy living in a big city. Thanks for all your help

Old 05-03-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Yup, I've always had a bit of a geek side. 75 wpm in the 7th grade teacher didn't believe me. I was hoping to do something with armed security, but that sounds a little sketchy living in a big city. Thanks for all your help
Yeah, armed security in the Tampa Bay area might not be the best thing. I mean, at that point, you might as well go into the armed forces. However, for example, the self storage places are always looking for someone to work renting units, helping people move in and doing all the computer entry. It's not the greatest work, but many offer a base wage and bonuses for getting people to sign up.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah, armed security in the Tampa Bay area might not be the best thing. I mean, at that point, you might as well go into the armed forces. However, for example, the self storage places are always looking for someone to work renting units, helping people move in and doing all the computer entry. It's not the greatest work, but many offer a base wage and bonuses for getting people to sign up.
That actually sounds a lot better then most the jobs around here. Except in the summer that might be brutal . Is it possible to find jobs without an actual license? I have an id but not an actual license until I pay the dmv 750, I just don't see the point in paying all that right now when I'm not even going to have a car, knowing those ****ers they'll keep tacking on late fees, though.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
That actually sounds a lot better then most the jobs around here. Except in the summer that might be brutal . Is it possible to find jobs without an actual license? I have an id but not an actual license until I pay the dmv 750
If the job doesn't require driving, I don't see why you need a license. As long as you can pass a background check, you should be OK.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:30 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Or ending up in a place like Ft. Hood and getting blown away by some psycho. This is not your father's armed forces, unfortunately.
better odds of getting shot in Tampa, Lakeland, St Pete, Ybor.

Last edited by Sunscape; 05-04-2014 at 04:22 AM..

Old 05-03-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
That actually sounds a lot better then most the jobs around here. Except in the summer that might be brutal . Is it possible to find jobs without an actual license? I have an id but not an actual license until I pay the dmv 750, I just don't see the point in paying all that right now when I'm not even going to have a car, knowing those ****ers they'll keep tacking on late fees, though.
The office always has AC, it's not like you have to be in the heat all day.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
If the job doesn't require driving, I don't see why you need a license. As long as you can pass a background check, you should be OK.
Thanks man, hopefully I can find a place to stay at for cheap and start getting my college and dmv fees payed off How's the music scene around there? I spent pretty much my entire life learning to play music and i was always hoping i could make a career off of it, even if it is a small time side career around a day job.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Ignorant comment- better odds of getting shot in Tampa, Lakeland, St Pete, Ybor.
Major General Smedley Butler. War is a Racket. War Is A Racket, by Major General Smedley Butler, 1935
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay