Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 06:06 AM

2 posts, read 5,559 times

Advertisements

It is all about the grass..

Guess what type of grass Mirabay has the same as....

TAMPA BUCS & LSU TIRGER STADIUM FIELD GRASS...

http://vimeo.com/75890482]LSU Footba...nance on Vimeo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 06:14 AM

676 posts, read 1,271,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa504 View Post
It is all about the grass..

Guess what type of grass Mirabay has the same as....

TAMPA BUCS & LSU TIGER STADIUM FIELD GRASS...

[vimeo]75890482[/vimeo]
LSU Football - Celebration Bermudagrass Maintenance on Vimeo
Yes, we do!!

Old 05-24-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloBeachRetiree View Post
Admiral Point and water views? Certainly not of the bay. Maybe of the small pool. I am watching the development - it is across Villemaire behind Bay Breeze.
I drove through Admiral Pointe again and there are no water views unless you count a view of swamp and weeds to be a water view. It is a very small community and from what I have heard only Ryland will be building there.

On one side, residents of Admiral Pointe will have a view of a dilapidated and abandoned lumber yard.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:04 AM

383 posts, read 633,658 times
Quote:
I drove through Admiral Pointe again and there are no water views unless you count a view of swamp and weeds to be a water view. It is a very small community and from what I have heard only Ryland will be building there.

On one side, residents of Admiral Pointe will have a view of a dilapidated and abandoned lumber yard.
I had my realtor check it out. What they called a pond view is a puddle view. The only entrance is on the highway, there is no entrance to the community from Mirabay until they create one from Admiral Pointe to Bay Breeze.
With that said, Admiral Pointe is not for us.

Thanks for checking!

Old 05-24-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeg View Post
I had my realtor check it out. What they called a pond view is a puddle view. The only entrance is on the highway, there is no entrance to the community from Mirabay until they create one from Admiral Pointe to Bay Breeze.

With that said, Admiral Pointe is not for us.

Thanks for checking!
Mark, you are very welcome. Admiral Pointe will have a pedestrian entrance gate that is secured. As you note, there will be no vehicle entrance except at the main Mirabay entrance off US41 to the north.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:12 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Quote:

That dilapidated lumber yard has an interesting history. At one time, it was Cox Lumber, a thriving lumber and hardware outlet frequented by the locals and it was an excellent alternative to having to drive to Lowe's or Home Depot in Brandon. Prices were comparable, service was great. For those who have moved to the area since 2005, it is hard to believe that at one time, South Hillsborough (Ruskin, Apollo Beach, Sun City Center, Wimauma) was a sleepy, low population area. For many things, you had to drive all the way to Brandon, or south to Bradenton if you couldn't find it locally.

The story goes that when Home Depot decided to establish a store in Ruskin/Sun City, they bought out Cox, sold off the stock and let it sit. Supposedly they were going to put in a satellite on that location for the folks in Apollo Beach, but it would appear that the idea was just to eliminate competition in the area. I don't know if they still own the property, but it was a nasty corporate move. As I recall this happened around 2005, but I could be a little off on the year.

Old 05-25-2014, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
That dilapidated lumber yard has an interesting history. At one time, it was Cox Lumber, a thriving lumber and hardware outlet frequented by the locals and it was an excellent alternative to having to drive to Lowe's or Home Depot in Brandon. Prices were comparable, service was great. For those who have moved to the area since 2005, it is hard to believe that at one time, South Hillsborough (Ruskin, Apollo Beach, Sun City Center, Wimauma) was a sleepy, low population area. For many things, you had to drive all the way to Brandon, or south to Bradenton if you couldn't find it locally.

The story goes that when Home Depot decided to establish a store in Ruskin/Sun City, they bought out Cox, sold off the stock and let it sit. Supposedly they were going to put in a satellite on that location for the folks in Apollo Beach, but it would appear that the idea was just to eliminate competition in the area. I don't know if they still own the property, but it was a nasty corporate move. As I recall this happened around 2005, but I could be a little off on the year.
Interesting story.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:23 PM

383 posts, read 633,658 times
We are in Waterset for 2 months, and love our house. It's not the typical cookie-cutter neighborhood, it's quite eclectic. Very well done, and kept beautifully. Houses are being built like crazy. Construction is everywhere, but when it's all done it is going to be a beautiful place. It's already beautiful but it will get better.
We have a small fitness center, and a nice clubhouse/cafe with good food! A dog park is being built this year.
It's definitely a place I would check out to buy!
PS...From our house we cannot see the stacks. I hear the train, but it in no way bothers me or wakes me up. I'm in heaven.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:28 AM

We've been in Mirabay for 10 months and love it. Construction is tolerable; we cannot see the stacks and rarely hear anything but a distant tool of the train. Both my wife and I are very happy we made the decision to buy here.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:29 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Another poster mentioned that she/he could actually taste the sulphur in the air from those stacks - I was skeptical about that. I've played golf at Apollo Beach Golf and Sea Club for the last 20+ years and never, ever even smelled the stacks - but to tasted the sulphur seemed ridiculous, imo. I figured it was the exhaust from nearby cars that she was tasting.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay