Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 12:29 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,005,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
Ever been to Heather Lakes?
Yes, there is nothing wrong with heather lakes, are you kidding?, the houses are on the older side, I use to coach kids soccer on a now defunct soccer league on Heather Lakes, their local school has been ranked a or b for the last 5 years, they were all mostly good kids. What do you base your comment on, have they been in the news or something? I am just curious at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 12:32 PM

790 posts, read 1,267,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Yes, there is nothing wrong with heather lakes, are you kidding?, the houses are on the older side, I use to coach kids soccer on a now defunct soccer league on Heather Lakes, their local school has been ranked a or b for the last 5 years, they were all mostly good kids. You have no idea what you are talking about.
You dont say....

Old 05-16-2014, 12:39 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,005,482 times
Quote:
You dont say....
Not sure where you are going with that one, but they did or are, BAYSL which runs out of Brandon is a juggernaut of a soccer league, this other league couldn't compete, at any rate my point stands Heather Lakes was fine 5 years ago anyway.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Not sure where you are going with that one, but they did or are, BAYSL which runs out of Brandon is a juggernaut of a soccer league, this other league couldn't compete, at any rate my point stands Heather Lakes was fine 5 years ago anyway.
Alot of areas by the brandon mall have gotten "run down" since 2008 that I know of. Im not saying Brandon has NYC caliber crime, but there is def some bad pockets in the area.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:38 PM

388 posts, read 535,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika_M View Post
My Name is , my husband and 3 kids are relocating to Brandon and I am so very nervous because I am not sure how they will adapt to the school. We are from new York and I am trying to escape the fast life reason being my son was a victim of a random shooting and I really dont want to be any where or anything similar to NY, Many of my associates are telling me that Brandon is very very violent like NY I would hato believe that being that I looked up the crime stats, If there is anyone out there that can give me some friendly advice it would be very much appreciated. Thank you
..What?

Are they ure they know the area? I live in the Seffner/North Brandon area, and I've never had or seen any problems. I'm from Miami and moved here a few years ago and I like this area as it seems like a smaller quieter town.

I normally don't try to recommend websites, but look at Trulia. They have a Crime view where it shows the rate as well as the actual crimes reported. Brandon was pretty much green (low/no crime) and some light yellow. Nothing like Tampa or NYC.

Some people here mentioned that your friends may be referring to Bradenton. I don't know that area too much, so I scrolled down there. The map have several dark red areas and some violent crimes listed.

Perhaps the people here are right.. did your friends confuse their information with Bradenton?

Brandon - http://www.trulia.com/for_sale/Brand...points:1_crime

Bradenton - http://www.trulia.com/for_sale/Brade...points:1_crime

Last edited by TampaBull13; 05-16-2014 at 01:46 PM..

Old 05-16-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaBull13 View Post
..What?

this area as it seems like a smaller quieter town.

Are you kidding m8? Have you ever drove down SR60 on a saturday? LOL

I swear some of you people are trolling...

Old 05-16-2014, 04:08 PM

388 posts, read 535,780 times
Quote:
Are you kidding m8? Have you ever drove down SR60 on a saturday? LOL

I swear some of you people are trolling...
Not kidding.
Compare that to driving around Hialeah (Miami suburb) ..I'll take it EVERY TIME

EDIT:
Want to emphasis that I was comparing Brandon to Miami when I said "smaller quieter town"
Heck, I've said the same thing about Tampa in general, and people I know from Miami *ALL* agreed
(Tampa has a "boring hick town" reputation from some in Miami... but I prefer it here)
..So yes I definitely do feel that way about Brandon.

Being that the OP is from NYC, I would think she would feel the same.

Last edited by TampaBull13; 05-16-2014 at 04:37 PM..

Old 03-02-2016, 04:50 AM

51 posts, read 80,442 times
Very helpful post Gulfer: I was considering Brandon, I own a place in Clearwater and have it rented out so im looking for a nice place to live and work outside Tampa somewhere any ideas? My original home that i rent out was in Clearwater/dunedin area which is quite nice as is Largo, I was wondering about other areas that are near alot of work of course.

I used to love driving into Tampa on the weekend but wasn't sure which areas to live in, but i do like the Tampa Bay area all in all, its awesome. I sure do miss it. As sure as i can secure a place there again im heading back down.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 891 times
Default marcy becker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
If you're nervous about Brandon, my friendly advice would be to move somewhere else.
I lived in Brandon. It's a busy community in that after 2PM it's almost impossible to drive. Traffic is

horrendous.

The best way to find out about the schools in that area which most probably will be in RIVERVIEW, will

be to search them on GOOGLE.

My grandson has been going to a school in the community he lives in and now is going to another

school in RIVERVIEW.

You really have to becareful with the schools here in FL. They aren't the best!

Good luck,
M
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay