Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 07:28 PM

3 posts, read 4,019 times

Advertisements

Hello, all! It is official -- we are moving to Pasco. I've narrowed it down to trinity and LOL. We are actually here looking at homes now. Where are all the kids? In Trinity today, I did not see one kid outside playing! Hmmm? I'd be grateful for input about neighborhoods. Looking for those that feed into LOL High School or Mitchell High School. I've been on here before, looking for a community where We can meet other families...kids playing outside...friendly...etc.

Any feedback would be amazing...even if its, I live here and I like it because...really just want your opinions as locals.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 06:57 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Trinity has very good schools as you can see when you go to the government website and it may have been the time you were there which means just the moment that kids were not outside.

We have a lot of kid playing outside where I live but there are also plenty of times when I walk the dogs when I see no kids and an hour later more than 10 kids are outside.

Perhaps they have been playing someone's backyard or pool.

If you are worried about crime rates for a certain street than check Pasco County Sheriff's Office and go to the neighborhood info and you can go by neighborhood or street or even particular address.

Keep in mind that all calls are on there even for an alarm set of in error due to being to late to the pad to disarm it, a call for someone who get's served by the sheriff and/or someone seeing something suspicious which may not be anything in the end or for giving info on something.

Even if there is one rotten apple in a neighborhood that may cause more calls while it may be targeted to a small area or not even the neighborhood itself.

We had a tenant where neighbors called the cops for while she was renting for years through our office and I have to say the neighborhood is not the best (not in Trinity btw) and many calls went to the owner about things and stating she better evict the tenant. We were surprised that neighbors never called our office and neither called the cops since they knew we managed the house but later found out why. The cops were not called since they knew they didn't have valid reason.

By scaring the owner about the tenant and making the statements about evicting the tenant made the owner asking us to get rid of her but we advised the owner that you can't evict a tenant when they pay every month on time and don't do anything wrong and just because the neighbors have some issue that in the end wasn't related to the tenant herself, we can't just kick her out. Neighbors believed that a burglary may have been related to the tenant but after speaking with the neighbors they had not one bit of proof and all they had was suspicion. Btw the tenant lived in the house already for 3 years and not one call.

We found out that the tenant had hard times but still paid rent on time but started to pile some garbage in the back of the house which is unacceptable. We started to have the tenant remove all of the garbage and called the cops ourselves to ask about any issues as the neighbors had claimed and how the neighbors had claimed the HOA was going to kick this tenant out.

All we found out is that not one call went to the cops and at the HOA meeting there was a cop talking about issues in the neighborhood but not one related back to the tenants address.

We asked the neighbors to call us if anything happened that was a concern and all they did was trying to speak with the owner to convince her to kick the on time paying tenant out.

The tenant up to this day hasn't missed any payment, but is having a difficult financial time and just as in many other cases we see they use money to get their nails done bi-weekly, etc. but that doesn't make them a bad tenant.

The previous poster seems to be a person from all previous post who can't deal with the emotional loss of money and get's a good feeling about negative posts to scare people away.

All I can see if you like a house/street, than drive by on different hours and days to get a better feeling of the area. Maybe talk to some people in the area but keep in mind that a neighbor may be in foreclosure and not disclosing it and giving negative info or maybe doesn't like the person or the opposite.

Unless you know who you are dealing with you can't for 100% believe what their reason is for a certain remark.

The rotten apples we had in our community luckily had to move when their parents house were foreclosed on and of course not everyone we got back in return was a positive one but overall it has been much better.

If someone wants to pick and choose who lives next to them than they have to buy all homes in the street and even than they have to dal with Fair Housing rules so that will limit that part and people may at first seem to be great but that can change or the other way around.

Trinity is a growing area with lots of homes being build in the near future as you already can see.

Good luck and thousands of people can't be wrong since they seem to happily living in the area and we conducted some short sales for home owners in Trinity who hated to leave and tried to rent in the same area but due to financial issues lost their home. If they thought the area was so bad they would have taken the opportunity to move else where but they didn't and they choose to stay in the same school zone. That to me speaks more than a negative poster.

Last edited by Sunscape; 05-25-2014 at 07:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay