Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 02:14 AM

437 posts, read 547,642 times

Advertisements

Arrests made in Clearwater Beach shootings

Pinellas County Sheriff's Office Charge Report

I love how everyone acts like the south and Florida have such a tough justice system when in reality you can get away with more violent crazy stuff here than anywhere else. How the hell do you terrorize a beach tourist area on a holiday and get $100 bonds even though you have shooting charges
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 04:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Sounds like gang violence, i guess the Clearwater demographic must be changing as these types of activities seem very out of character for the Clearwater Beach i remember..

Old 05-29-2014, 05:18 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
Unbelievable but if you then think how other countries handle things like this or even murder cases you can be happy that the sentences over here are more strict.

In the Netherlands a murderer who kidnapped Gerrit Jan Heyn the brother of one of the biggest grocery mogals was kidnapped, his finger cut off and murdered.

The person got caught spending the ransom money at the grocery stores owed by the family!!!

He got a life sentence which meant 21 years And for good behavior he got out in 13 years with a law degree and collecting welfare for all the 13 years in prison!

Over here it would at least be life without parole.

In the end karma took care of that man since he got killed riding his bike.

Two weeks ago the murderer of a politician who most likely would have become the next prime minister got out after 12 years of prison after being sentenced a life sentence for the brutal daly light murder of that person!

That murderer gets protection since they want to protect him from the public that is outraged.

We are talking about a Western Europe country and Obama lives everything they do over there so this law may come to a city near us if we let Obama copy everything they do over there.

So far we already have copied gay marriages, legalizing weed in many States, socialized health care...so just wait and it will be here sooner than later!

This week a career criminal got shot in broad daylight with Kalashnikov and I never saw any gun stores in the Netherlands since they have strict gun control laws but that doesn't keep more and more people being robbed and/or killed since criminals have the upper hand and knowledge that they are the only ones with guns!

Last edited by bentlebee; 05-29-2014 at 05:27 AM..

Old 05-29-2014, 01:24 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,317,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Sounds like gang violence, i guess the Clearwater demographic must be changing as these types of activities seem very out of character for the Clearwater Beach i remember..
More likely this is a Memorial Day thing, not a Clearwater thing. Do an Internet search for <<< Memorial Day violence >>> and of course be sure to look at pictures if they are provided ...

Memorial Day violence

Old 05-30-2014, 12:27 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
We are talking about a Western Europe country and Obama lives everything they do over there so this law may come to a city near us if we let Obama copy everything they do over there.

So far we already have copied gay marriages, legalizing weed in many States, socialized health care...so just wait and it will be here sooner than later!
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope Nice fear mongering though.

Quote:
This week a career criminal got shot in broad daylight with Kalashnikov and I never saw any gun stores in the Netherlands since they have strict gun control laws but that doesn't keep more and more people being robbed and/or killed since criminals have the upper hand and knowledge that they are the only ones with guns!
Lets compare the rate of gun violence in the Netherlands to gun violence here in the U.S. Lets see some numbers instead of scare tactics.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:25 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,317,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Lets compare the rate of gun violence in the Netherlands to gun violence here in the U.S.
Don't let us hold you back. I've never seen data on violence rates for Dutch-Americans, but I'd love to see it. I bet it's pretty low.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:04 AM

792 posts, read 2,291,003 times
Quote:

!

All those things are great accomplisments here in the U.S.

I hope we keep it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: