Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 05:44 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,190 times

Advertisements

So I've had some issues lately with the competence and mental state of some of the employees I speak to on the phone with American Integrity...and it has really made me feel uncomfortable if I ever needed to file a claim (never have before).

Deciding to switch.

2 lowest quotes I have received are from Avatar and also from People's Trust.

I haven't researched Avatar yet, but I am seeing a lot of negative things being said about People's Trust and it is hard to decipher what is true/false on the internet. A lot of people are saying they have had difficulty filing claims and had to obtain attorneys, telling people to stay away and "you'll like them until you claim", and many saying they insure you then drop in 90 days. I get it, people hate insurance companies...but don't they all have these problems...or should I stay away?

They are cheaper by quite a bit than the rest...except only about $300 cheaper than Avatar. Citizens was almost DOUBLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 07:34 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I don't think all have issues. Of course they don't like to pay but we deal with home owners who had issues with investment properties and got paid without any hurdle.

Often when there are many similar reviews it is a sign. If it is one over the top or a few over the top ones than I look at it in a different way and I also read them carefully to see if it has a specific reason for the complaint.

We had tenants complain about us after we filed for an eviction and often they go through every website they can find to post and everything is removed once we answer pointing out our side and/or posting the link to show they were evicted for non payment.

The annoying thing is the time you spend on that reply but it is worth it to avoid letting bad tenants get away with that behavior and making it sound they were also good.

BBB and consumer complaints and a lawyers website for complaints let the other party reply and will not post it if there is found a reason that makes sense that the other part is just posting a nasty review out of spite.

I once filed a BBB complaint against a telecom provider and got a call from them within 24 hours and it was all solved and handled in a perfect way since their computer system showed that I had the right on my side. Nothing was posted about the complaint but I was asked if I could write a review again as a follow up how it was handled and I did since that seemed reasonable and fair.

If you for example look at Ocwen as a lender and read the hundreds of bad reviews and our is amongst them then you can make sure there is a truth to that and shortly thereafter they got fined a huge amount.

You come across as a person with common sense so let your gut feeling lead you and stay away from what comes across is bad.

At least check out how their financial background is and if a disaster will happen if they have the means to pay out.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:41 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times
I get a lot of spam from them asking me to switch....saying they are the cheapest in the block bla bla and I am holding. It seems they may be trying to increase their market share. I get suspicious of aggressive marketing sometimes.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:51 PM

Thanks for comments so far.

Anyone else have dealings with this provider? Thoughts?

Old 06-04-2014, 04:52 PM

I mean...only thing I am worried about is a hurricane wiping my house out honestly. Otherwise I think insurance is a ripoff.

This company couldn't legally take premiums and then disappear or not own up to the policy if my home was destroyed...right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay