Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 03:47 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,750,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Most of Tampa is a ghetto, except maybe for a block or two.
Just because you live in the ghetto doesnt mean we all do. Moderator cut: ..

Last edited by Keeper; 03-23-2009 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: no need to rub it in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 07:50 PM

154 posts, read 533,901 times
Quote:
My humble opinion: from reading your posts, I think that you are unhappy in Tampa, bitter to be there and this significantly affects your perception of the entire area.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:21 PM

4 posts, read 15,200 times
Those were the Central park village homes. They were razed a few years ago but haven't been replaced because of a backout in funding by Bank of America

Old 11-28-2009, 10:22 PM

4 posts, read 15,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrfacefella View Post
Your speaking of Central Park Village, it got torn down recently. I knew a person who had a friend who got shot there during a robbery many years ago. Also, right next to it is the Nuccio projects, which are the only major projects left in Tampa
Scratch that, there are also the robles Parks Homes on Lake Ave.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:42 AM

12 posts, read 34,517 times
Quote:

Totally Agreed....

Old 12-03-2009, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 8,796 times
Tampa is like any city in the US, there are good neighborhoods and bad. The good far outnumber the bad but as almost anywhere, crime can happen almost anywhere. The best thing is to avoid the places where crime is more likely to happen. East Tampa, Suitcase city (north of Fowler and west of USF, a few parts of the area abounding I-275 between malfunction junction and Dale Mabry. Tampa has made a lot of progress because the crime statistics have dropped and a new highly competant female chief of police was recently appointed.

By JOSH POLTILOVE
jpoltilove@tampatrib.com
Published: April 14, 2009
TAMPA - Police announced Monday that the city's crime rate has plummeted 46 percent in the past six years, a decrease not seen since the 1970s.
Tampa is a safer city today in 2009 than it was six years ago, and it's a safer city because of the men and women in the police department," Mayor Pam Iorio said.

Tampa, until the crash had a lot of population influx, many of whom came to this "paradise" unprepared to qualify for gainful employment. However, given the transient nature of the place, there is a lot of multi-cultural diversity and many, many places to go and things to do. Tampa has a rich history and is becoming safer and more culturally sophisticated. If you are worried about crime, join the 650,000 Florida residents who have gotten concealed weapons permits. Maybe that is why the crime rate has dropped.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:03 AM

3 posts, read 6,267 times
Quote:
Scratch that, there are also the robles Parks Homes on Lake Ave.
I see this post now. Lets not forget about North Boulevard Homes, some areas in sulphur springs, Belmont heights, list goes on.
Tampa Park Apartments is relatively quiet when it comes to crime. If you're looking for the projects that you would expect to see in the movies look at North Boulevard Homes and Robles Park.

Old 07-20-2021, 03:31 AM

1 posts, read 672 times
Quote:
Your speaking of Central Park Village, it got torn down recently. I knew a person who had a friend who got shot there during a robbery many years ago. Also, right next to it is the Nuccio projects, which are the only major projects left in Tampa
Those “projects” next to central park is tampa park apartments. The nuccio apartments were wayyy on the east. Both are torn down now. Nuccio has a redevelopment apartment complex that is a good place to stay tho.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:34 AM

9,131 posts, read 6,180,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside7264 View Post
Those “projects” next to central park is tampa park apartments. The nuccio apartments were wayyy on the east. Both are torn down now. Nuccio has a redevelopment apartment complex that is a good place to stay tho.
Since you resurrected this thread that was started in 2007, are the "bad" areas from 2007 still bad in 2021 or are there new areas to avoid?

Old 07-20-2021, 12:48 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,489 times
Hi there, looks like you have been looking to make a move to the USA for about 12 years now. My first question would be to ask if you have now got a work permit to be here? It is not that easy. I believe you were originally looking for an athletic director kind of job. Probably a good idea to talk to an immigration attorney, unless of course you now have an active visa to come to the USA. I think covid restrictions may be in place, but I am not an expert. I do know that British nationals are not allowed in unless they have a green card(permanent residence card). Your friends in the cities you mention will be able to advise you on places, but certainly the greater Tampa Bay Area, like any city, has its blighted areas, but generally crime is confined to small areas, and there are lots of great locations to live. Currently housing prices are running very high, price increases bring a decent 3 bedroom 2 bathroom family home with a pool (popular I know with British), in a good school zone, that doesn't need a lot of updating, at least $450,000 and easily reaching over $500,000 Now you can buy a home for less than that, but there will be trade offs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay