Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 09:31 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcharas View Post
Our Realtor on a new construction deal has yet to answer a question I sent her on March 21st... She has partially answered another, not given information on a third (she has been inquiring on her own end-- yeah right-- for two weeks (!!!). For the sake of my sanity at this point, my loving husband is handling it. I never in my life had a job where I kept somebody waiting. My mind is blown. The woman has made me regret using her over another Realtor we had considered... We went against our gut, now she reaps the rewards, and the other guy should've gotten the contract. If it were possible, I'd kick her off the contract and use the other guy today-- some Realtors do even less than the bare minimum, and ours right now epitomizes the term "inattentive". If I weren't a believer in karma, I'd put up a billboard with her name.
LOL, I've been there. Not in a long time, but I understand exactly what you are talking about. I am sorry to hear this, and quite frankly, I don't understand that kind of behavior and how such people even manage to survive in the business.

Over the years, I've dealt with both good and bad agents, more good than bad, fortunately. Contact her broker. My friend who is in the business says the bar for entry into the business in Florida is set a tad too low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 09:51 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcharas View Post
Cardel is one I am curious to hear about. They have a model home in Country Walk in Wesley Chapel that they advertise but apparently don't show... We tried to get in to see it twice.
Oh, boy, you're really having a time of it, aren't you? Here you are, a willing buyer and where are the people to give you the service you need? Cardel builds a decent home. Generally they do good work, but can be a tad on the high side compared to the builders they are in competition with. I'm surprised they're not staffing their models, they used to be very good about that. Call their main office in Riverview. Ask to speak to their director of marketing. They'll get someone out there.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:16 AM

428 posts, read 415,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Oh, boy, you're really having a time of it, aren't you? Here you are, a willing buyer and where are the people to give you the service you need? Cardel builds a decent home. Generally they do good work, but can be a tad on the high side compared to the builders they are in competition with. I'm surprised they're not staffing their models, they used to be very good about that. Call their main office in Riverview. Ask to speak to their director of marketing. They'll get someone out there.
We contracted already with another builder. Better lot, better location. My take: Two calls, no reply, I move on.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:21 AM

428 posts, read 415,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
LOL, I've been there. Not in a long time, but I understand exactly what you are talking about. I am sorry to hear this, and quite frankly, I don't understand that kind of behavior and how such people even manage to survive in the business.

Over the years, I've dealt with both good and bad agents, more good than bad, fortunately. Contact her broker. My friend who is in the business says the bar for entry into the business in Florida is set a tad too low.
She and another run their own office. So I have nowhere to go to complain.

This will be our fourth house and second build. So we have also dealt with what felt like "it all", until this woman. If I were to deal with her myself... Well, I don't know how much worse it could get, but my approach is more abrupt and that is why my husband gets that job now, Lol, he is MUCH more patient... Although, how patient should a person have to be- 3 weeks for an email?... Ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay