Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 01:12 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,871,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWeekleyHomes View Post
Thank you for your comments. As we have said, we take quality very seriously at David Weekley Homes and we are available to discuss any specific concerns you have with our homes in the Tampa area by phone at 866-493-3553 or mthomas@dwhomes.com.
Can you address the items already noted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 01:28 PM

877 posts, read 1,908,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Can you address the items already noted?
How? He doesn't have the address. All he knows is that someone said they walked through a David Weekley house that had issues. What is there to address with that?

Old 08-07-2014, 01:33 PM

382 posts, read 632,048 times
It's a moot point anyway. I did wind up buying from another builder, and not because I didn't like David Weekley Homes. I actually loved a home that they offered, but something else came along that suited us better.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:35 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,871,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
How? He doesn't have the address. All he knows is that someone said they walked through a David Weekley house that had issues. What is there to address with that?
One poster posted some issues and another asked if they were par for the course. Are they par for the course? Have they had many issues like that? What do they do to correct and prevent the issues like that?

Old 08-08-2014, 08:08 AM

58 posts, read 148,295 times
DavidWeekleyHomes, It does not seem like your concerned at all, why dont you address the concerns posted
in stead of hiding behind an email address

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWeekleyHomes View Post
Thank you for your comments. As we have said, we take quality very seriously at David Weekley Homes and we are available to discuss any specific concerns you have with our homes in the Tampa area by phone at 866-493-3553 or mthomas@dwhomes.com.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:45 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,789,066 times
To be clear the house we walked away from was few years old with black mold inside near MOST windows (behind carpet, behind drywall) It was one story home, so no wood frame.
The carpet, drywall were damaged. The original owner was not successful getting anything from the builder other than empty promises.
Do I want to contact DW and ask why they didn't take care of their house in Wesley Chapel in Meadow Pointe? No, because I am not the owner, not representative. Besides that, I am dealing with my own builder now (we are in court).

The point of my post here was to let people know that DW products have some serious issues. I consider it serious because house was like 3 year old when we looked at it. Are all DW houses like that? Most likely no. I would recommend hiring an inspector for new construction, but watch out, some builders DO NOT allowed inspectors on the site!!!!

Old 08-09-2014, 10:38 AM

515 posts, read 1,345,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I would recommend hiring an inspector for new construction, but watch out, some builders DO NOT allowed inspectors on the site!!!!
Any builder who would not allow a buyer to use a home inspector at any point during construction should be avoided like the plague. I have heard of some local builders not wanting inspectors on site, but I haven't heard this about the national builders.

The construction manager when I built a new home suggested and encouraged an inspection twice during the construction process, prior to drywall and before closing. My inspector didn't find anything but very minor issues that I would have likely noticed myself, but it was nice to have an independent person with experience make sure everything was done correctly.

If a builder doesn't want an inspector on site and says that the home is fine because it passes inspection from city or county inspectors, the builder has something to hide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay