U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 08:45 AM

226 posts, read 297,433 times

Advertisements

Back from our trip to your wonderful area! What can I say- we had an absolute blast!

Let's see-well we stay in Dunedin which is amazing already.

Sadly we never got to Indian Rocks as planned but we did vist the following beaches:

Honeymoon Island
3 Rooker on the boat (wasn't as wide as last time-tide perhaps) but still amazing!
Ft. De Soto (went to North beach this time-really nice-but still would have preferred perhaps the beach you can see when looking from the historicla fort area)
It rained typhoon style when we went back through Pass-a-grille so we couldn't walk to the beach to enjoy and then for some grub at Paradise grill as planned)
St Pete beach-spent some time at Sirata Resort -walked up/down the area- really beautiful beach there!
Caladesi- was better then last time-less crowded-just breathtaking going in on our boat- amazing!

Parks: PHillipe park twice-great as ever-got to the mound this time
John Chestnut -amazing wildlife and views of Lake Tarpon- traffic was tough getting there-bad time of day I imagine- weekday around 430pm. We saw all kinds of birds, turtles a couple alligators, and squirrels the got unusually close.
Kids went to Countryside mall again and still liked it- we watched a soccer game at Red Robin.

We dined at Jolli Mons just me and boys first day- actually pretty good- of course Ozona Blue-as good as last time-we really like that place, we just wish they had boat tie up for visitors. Frenchy's Rockaway in Clearwater- are grouper came out really good and we just had a blast w/the bands and entertaining people watching (though my son had his wallet and old game boy stollen after leaving it 2 secs on the wall outside it).
I liked Tony's pizza our last day as we're packing and kids loved Strachan's ice-cream of course!
Brass MOnkey in Pass a grille sucked- I was scared Hurricane prices would have been kind of high (with 3 teens) but Brass Monkey was a rip off and bad food-no draft-no Coronita buckets-no happy hour-out of everything. 20 mins to get our drink order. Wont' be back. We wanted Paradise grill for quick food but as I said- monsoon type rain lol-
Might have been more places but can't recall now.

ANyways-overall just as we remembered-laid back, calm, clean, cheery, sunny and warm but bearable, especially in water - Nice people, nice environment and STILL want to make it my home!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 09:25 AM

673 posts, read 1,125,878 times
C'mon down! Everytime we enter Mirabay, my wife says "Welcome back to our resort!"

She is on vacation every day.

Last edited by ApolloBeachRetiree; 06-23-2014 at 09:37 AM..

Old 06-23-2014, 09:30 AM

790 posts, read 1,103,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overit2 View Post

ANyways-overall just as we remembered-laid back, calm, clean, cheery, sunny and warm but bearable, especially in water

Yea I say the same things about everywhere I go on vacation too

Old 06-23-2014, 09:40 AM

Ummm, yeah...spend a week vacation in my county here and tell me how you feel I've been there enough times I think to kind of know what I'm saying. People in Pinellas county are more laid back then ATL peeps.

Just the airport alone you can sense the difference-and in the traffic-and when standing in lines- ATL is a congested, dirty rat race.

I compare the Publix in Dunedin Causeway to the own around the corner my house- mine has trash thrown everywhere- there's a little cut off street close there to go to my home and someone has decided to use it as their own trash service-so it's littered. It's turning incredibly nasty over the last few years- schools on the decline... you can say what you want about Pinellas count- until you give some counties in GA a try you won't really realize the difference.

It's weird people make so many assumptions that it's only the 'vacation' part you like. TRUST ME there was plenty of 'stressors' around- try traveling with a teen stepdaughter you can barely tolerate

Old 06-23-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Ummm, yeah...spend a week vacation in my county here and tell me how you feel I've been there enough times I think to kind of know what I'm saying. People in Pinellas county are more laid back then ATL peeps.

Just the airport alone you can sense the difference-and in the traffic-and when standing in lines- ATL is a congested, dirty rat race.

It's weird people make so many assumptions that it's only the 'vacation' part you like. TRUST ME there was plenty of 'stressors' around- try traveling with a teen stepdaughter you can barely tolerate
We moved to Apollo Beach from Powder Springs last December and the lifestyle is very different here. What traffic?

Old 06-23-2014, 10:18 AM

I live in Lithia Springs, near Douglasville-so you can imagine

Staying in Dunedin was a dream-however if I moved there while kids are starting high school I would chose Safety Harbor/Countryside (Clearwater) or Palm Harbor (East or West) more then likely.

S. Harbor is our first choice for living- if it were after kids are done with school then Dunedin would fit us more.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I live in Lithia Springs, near Douglasville-so you can imagine

Staying in Dunedin was a dream-however if I moved there while kids are starting high school I would chose Safety Harbor/Countryside (Clearwater) or Palm Harbor (East or West) more then likely.

S. Harbor is our first choice for living- if it were after kids are done with school then Dunedin would fit us more.
We traveled through Lithia Springs regularly on our frequent trips last year to check progress on our house. We found it was much easier traveling down 278 and Camp Creek to 285 and 75 S to Tampa rather than taking the interstate.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:53 AM

627 posts, read 1,240,976 times
Sounds like you had a blast, which is always great to hear that people still do enjoy this area and its not the most horrible place in Florida. Ive visited ATL and the areas around it numerous times and yes, I would take Tampa Bay over Atlanta any day!! Thanks for sharing your trip!!

Old 06-23-2014, 11:04 AM

16,008 posts, read 33,958,900 times
Glad you enjoyed your trip! And just ignore the negative types here that try to pee on anyone's parade...

Anyway, Palm Harbor is an excellent choice if you are considering the school system. Good luck to you!

Old 06-23-2014, 09:12 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,604,331 times
So glad you enjoyed your visit again! I love it here. I honestly wake up every day very thankful that I live where I do. I feel like I'm always on vacation! Some may disagree, but life in Florida is wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay