Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 05:16 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
Zimmerman had reasonable fear of great bodily harm, what with Martin on top of him beating his head in.

The facts of Reeves aren't in that same universe.

There's also video that SHOWS WHAT HAPPENED.
I believe Zimmerman was in his right...with Reeves I have to see more proof but how can we know what exactly went on until all the facts come out.

When the first facts came out in the Zimmerman case I was totally against Zimmerman but I changed after hearing more about the case.

reeves is seen standing while another same size much younger man and woman are standing and can see that more than 1 person is confronting Reeves. I didn't see anyone on Reeves side standing so it was more than one against one elderly person.

We had tenant in our office yelling and screaming and being very obnoxious for things they did wrong like not paying rent and getting served with a notice....it can be frightening and it is to what point feels the other side safe and when is the split second that things change.

It usually takes a split second and it is hard to say what exactly happened.

I don't think Reeves just walked to the manager to complain without a reason. If Oulsen just had put his phone away when ordered by the theater seen on screen nothing would have happened that is one thing we know for sure.

Is it something to be killed over..absolutely NO!

Getting into a confrontation for nothing is never smart...nobody can predict what will happen next and often people stated later.." It wasn't worth it" but hindsight is 20/20.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:49 AM

790 posts, read 1,268,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Anybody see the newly released video?

I think that ends any speculation as to whether or not Reeves went outside the theater to get the gun.

It also clearly shows an arm coming at Reeves twice.

So who ever said that the shot was right after the popcorn thing is wrong and that I was wrong but surely will not come to say so.
Why do you get such a boner for this guy? Anyone that kills a man in a movie theater for texting his young daughter deserves to be locked up. Guys like spring hillian make me weep for humanity.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:54 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
Why do you get such a boner for this guy? Anyone that kills a man in a movie theater for texting his young daughter deserves to be locked up. Guys like spring hillian make me weep for humanity.
Why do you have such abomination for him? But down the pipe already and realize that Oulsen did not get shot for texting his daughter. He was shot for launching a verbal and physical attack on another person.
Maybe in your world assaulting a senior citizen is acceptable, but it isnt in mine. Do weep for humanity as there is no reason to take the actions Oulsen took over such a trivial matter.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:49 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Do weep for humanity as there is no reason to take the actions Oulsen took over such a trivial matter. Just insert Reeves in place of Oulsen and this statement is correct...

Old 07-18-2014, 09:02 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Do weep for humanity as there is no reason to take the actions Oulsen took over such a trivial matter. Just insert Reeves in place of Oulsen and this statement is correct...
Very true but isn't that for 99% of all crimes and incidents ending in injuries or death?

They are all senseless unless the person who started the crime becomes the one injured or dead but still if the initial crime hadn't happened there would never be that end result and I think that is a true statement for 99% of all crimes!

Why are prisons filled with dumb and stupid people who instead of doing the right thing chose to do the wrong thing and waste their life in prison...but that is life as we know it since not everyone seems to watch programs showing what will happen if you commit a crime.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/lig...ght-wrong-guy/

Old 07-18-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Why not? If Oulsen didnt get physical he would be alive today. Nobody has a right to strike at another without consequences.

Moral of the story: Keep your hands to yourself. Live longer.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:21 AM

What if Reeves dropped dead from a heart attack during the event? Would you all be on Oulsen's side for causing Reeves' death?

Old 07-18-2014, 06:10 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,136 times
Lol
Richard Herman and Avery Friedman discuss Curtis Reeves who is claiming self-defense [CNN 1-18-2014] - YouTube

Old 07-18-2014, 06:26 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,794,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
What if Reeves dropped dead from a heart attack during the event? Would you all be on Oulsen's side for causing Reeves' death?
Actually, in that case the cause of death would be heart attack.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:30 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times
"I think he's cooked", lol.

One thing Reeve's does have going for him though is that he is in Florida. All it takes is one or two jurors like the guy on here who thinks he was justified to gun someone down over popcorn, maybe a cell phone, and a defensive arm raise(as far as I could tell from this "new video").
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay