Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 07:30 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
I think this is an example of the sort of insult Prius is talking about.

When people lower themselves to using insults, it makes them lose credibility in a lot of people's eyes. I think people can debate issues without having to resort to a personally insulting the person they are debating. It's especially silly to insult someone personally on a forum where you've never met or don't even KNOW the person in real life.

Play nice, fellas. It makes your side of things sound far more intelligent and convincing.
I wasnt aware that poster was still busy attacking me. I have them blocked.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:36 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
I think this is an example of the sort of insult Prius is talking about.

When people lower themselves to using insults, it makes them lose credibility in a lot of people's eyes. I think people can debate issues without having to resort to a personally insulting the person they are debating. It's especially silly to insult someone personally on a forum where you've never met or don't even KNOW the person in real life.

Play nice, fellas. It makes your side of things sound far more intelligent and convincing.
He is not wrong, that is psychopathic behavior, he is not calling him a psychopath.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:43 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Casey had no cash for gas and either did boyfriend???

How long was it between leaving the car at Amscot and the time it was towed? I dont remember the details but I felt that was a pivotal time in the matter.

I could go down the she left kid in car path. But that kid was riding around in the trunk for days before being dumped.
Key word ... drugged. If she had drugged the kid and the kid died in the heat, I can understand NOT calling 911 in fear of getting caught after a toxicology report. If she had left the kid accidentally in the car, she might have called 911. I doubt Casey had any money for gas - she was not working at the time. Not sure about the boyfriend ...

Old 07-27-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I have not stated anything about firearms emboldening anyone and I am not trying to silence you. I am just trying to get you to realize that you are insulting people and that is not good. You can make your case without stooping that low. For the record, Spring Hillian is a stand up guy. Straight forward, honest and reputable. We do not see eye to eye on everything, but I have great conversations with him and really appreciate that he backs up what he says with facts.

It is okay to have different opinions on guns. It is a divided subject, with good points on both sides.

Zaba. I read what Prius quoted you on. Why dont you just curl up in a nice corner and take a nap.
If you dont agree with what I have to say then come up with a logical rebuttal instead of the garbage that emanates from your mind. Your assumptions about those who carry a weapon are absurd. Realize that there are over 1 million armed citizens in this state. It is a rare event when a legally armed citizen uses a weapon in a illegal manner. There are millions more of people who legally carry a weapon. We are responsible people who believe in a right granted to us by the U.S. Constitution. We also believe that having a criminal act purported on us without the ability to resist or neturalize that criminal act as a God given right.

I carry a weapon in order to protect myself from the criminal lunatics out there who will not hesitate to take a life. If you find it acceptable that you can be attacked, car jacked, robbed, assaulted, kidnapped,
without having any means to prevent it that is fine with me. If you want to live with your head in the clouds that is fine with me. If you feel that Oulslon did not strike out at Reeves more than once, that is fine with me.

However, please cease with the insults. It makes you look "cheap" and "uneducated" since you have demonstrated your inability to act in a civil matter in a public forum.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:45 AM

When I saw this case on Dateline, it reminded me of the Reeves case ...

Filmmaker John Upton Allegedly Killed by Neighbor in Land Dispute Involving Trimming Shubbery | Video - ABC News

Old 07-27-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Key word ... drugged. If she had drugged the kid and the kid died in the heat, I can understand NOT calling 911 in fear of getting caught after a toxicology report. If she had left the kid accidentally in the car, she might have called 911. I doubt Casey had any money for gas - she was not working at the time. Not sure about the boyfriend ...
Yes. Drugged is a key factor here and I believe that did happen on more than once.

I would be confident that Casey killed the kid and later dumped the remains.

However, that one little discrepancy in the boyfriends testimony bothers me. It makes me think that the two of them drove the remains to the dump site after removing the decomposing remains from the trunk of her car. I think he knew what was going on from the moment Casey found the kid dead. It took her some time to come up with a way to remove herself from the picture which is impossible.

What I am missing here is remembering the time frame between leaving car at Amscot and the the time it was towed away.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
He said the guy came at him. Need a lot more facts.

Do this: Google "man shoots attacker" and see how many criminal acts have been quashed by the victim who had a firearm.

Do the same for "woman shoots attacker". That is a lot of potential hurt that people avoided due to their ability to protect themselves from harm. Protecting himself from harm is exactly what Reeves did.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
He is not wrong, that is psychopathic behavior, he is not calling him a psychopath.
So I guess agreeing that someone was within their rights to protect themselves is "psychopathic behavior".

What would you have done if you were in Reeves' shoes at that time?

Old 07-27-2014, 08:05 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
You are incorrect. Here is that part of the quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
That makes you a psychopath and an awful human being.
Zaba directly said that makes you a psychopath and ALSO said that makes you an awful human being. Those are two direct personal insults, simply because Zaba disagrees with Spring Hillian.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
He said the guy came at him. Need a lot more facts.

Do this: Google "man shoots attacker" and see how many criminal acts have been quashed by the victim who had a firearm.

Do the same for "woman shoots attacker". That is a lot of potential hurt that people avoided due to their ability to protect themselves from harm. Protecting himself from harm is exactly what Reeves did.
The angry neighbor is spending his life in prison where he belongs. He testified that Upton "growled" at him and told him to "stop cutting trees". He also testified that Upton had a pistol which turned out to be a cell phone. Watch the case on the internet - the jury got it right.

IMO, the angry neighbor was a ticking time bomb waiting for an excuse to explode. The Reeves trial should give us more of an insight to Reeves' character, but I'd be willing to bet he was wound a little too tight as well ...

Last edited by Soup Not See; 07-27-2014 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: Formatting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay