Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,826,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think this topic has been beaten to death...no one is going to change anyone's point of view...why don't we all just wait and see what develops in the coming months?...How about them Ray's???
Ditto!

Go Rays!

Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 PM

7,112 posts, read 8,593,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Now your're talking. Lets shut up and be patient and wait for the trial to start.
Then we can hopefully be presented with clear facts and understand the provisions
of the law.
See we can agree!!!

Old 07-28-2014, 07:08 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,162,048 times
Quote:
So you are saying if the return tone was on and the keyboard click sound on it would be annoying.
Possibly, but the movie HAD NOT STARTED and a normal person would have changed seats. I used to change seats in the subway in Boston all the time if a strange or annoying character planted it next to me.

Quote:
If you pass someone on the road who is texting while driving that is against the law and for the safety of you and all other drivers it should be reported to the police for proper enforcement.
Yeah right ... everyone would be pulled over reporting everyone else. It's an epidemic in case you hadn't noticed.

Quote:
Oulson did not get shot for texting. He did not get shot for yelling at someone. He did not get shot because he threw popcorn. He got shot because he was physically and verbally attacking someone who had no means to defend themselves except to use deadly force. The fact that Reeves used deadly force was within his legal right to do so.
Why can't you understand that all Reeves had to do was MOVE HIS SEAT. The theater was pretty empty according to the videos I saw. Couldn't leave it alone, could he and now he has ruined two families.

Quote:
Doctors should have their phones on vibrate and go to the lobby to talk.
If the movie has not started, who cares ? You never talked during the previews ?

Quote:
If Reeves' intention to shoot Oulson because of the use of the phone he wouldnt have asked him to stop nor would he have sought management. He would have just shot him in the head and have been done with it.
How do you know what triggered the event ? Are you in Reeves' head ?

Quote:
It is easy for you to say what you would have or not have done in the situation. Mr. Reeves did what he felt was right. Reeves asked the man to stop, was told to F' off. That ends a possible means of rectifying the situation peacefully and he sought assistance. . What Oulson did is escalate the situation which was uncalled for and illegal.
How do you know that Reeves didn't escalate the situation by saying something uncalled for to the Oulsons ?
Most people AVOID confrontation and walk away.

Quote:
He was being a tough guy.
Yep, Reeves sure was ... Dirty Harry ... "Go ahead, make my day punk"

Quote:
Reeves couldn't defend himself with his hands and had to resort to another means of force to
prevent further attack.
How do you know ? Just because he's 71 does not make him unable to defend himself. There are plenty of combat vets, ex-boxers, ex-police at that age that could make mincemeat out of a 30-year-old.

Quote:
This is so simple. I dont why there is a problem with it. Reeves did what he had to do.
Not so simple I'm afraid - two families have been ruined because someone did not have the patience to let the texting finish OR get up and move to another seat.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Now you're talking. Let's shut up and be patient and wait for the MOVIE to start.
Fixed it for ya ...

Old 07-29-2014, 09:15 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,007,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
See we can agree!!!
never said we couldnt.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
fixed it for ya ...
rotflmao

Old 07-29-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Possibly, but the movie HAD NOT STARTED and a normal person would have changed seats. I used to change seats in the subway in Boston all the time if a strange or annoying character planted it next to me.

I NYC you couldnt change seats because there never was another one.

Yeah right ... everyone would be pulled over reporting everyone else. It's an epidemic in case you hadn't noticed.

Frankly, I dont see people texting. Cell phones to ears yes, texting no. Maybe I just dont notice it.

Why can't you understand that all Reeves had to do was MOVE HIS SEAT. The theater was pretty empty according to the videos I saw. Couldn't leave it alone, could he and now he has ruined two families.

Why cant you understand that all Oulson had to do is:
1. Stop texting.
2. Move his seat.
3. Go out to the lobby to text or do whatever he wanted where he was not spoiling the experience for others.

No, he decided to take the a-hole route.

If the movie has not started, who cares ? You never talked during the previews ?

Cant remember the last time I was in a movie theater. Early 80's I would guess.

How do you know what triggered the event ? Are you in Reeves' head ?

No, are you? You Reeves haters seem to know it all.
''''''

How do you know that Reeves didn't escalate the situation by saying something uncalled for to the Oulsons ?
Most people AVOID confrontation and walk away.

I am sure Oulson would have to have said something first such as "f-off". Oulson could have avoided the confrontation that he originally caused.

Yep, Reeves sure was ... Dirty Harry ... "Go ahead, make my day punk"

Not at all. Reeves was only thwarting an attack.

How do you know ? Just because he's 71 does not make him unable to defend himself. There are plenty of combat vets, ex-boxers, ex-police at that age that could make mincemeat out of a 30-year-old.

According to the news releases he has arthritis and other inflictions which would make him defenseless against a young man who was 6'6.

Not so simple I'm afraid - two families have been ruined because someone did not have the patience to let the texting finish OR get up and move to another seat.
Yes. Too bad. And the original perp is dead. He did not have with civil manners to go outside the theater, move his seat or simply stop the annoying action. Oulson made his choice and we know what he got for that error.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:05 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,760,670 times
Oh I hope Reeves will be placed in jail to live his last days there. He is the one at fault here. There are no doubts about that. Any person with common sense would see there were absolutely no evidence to use a gun in this situation. This old dude is just out of his mind and control freak who is obviously dangerous to anyone around him...

Old 07-29-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Oh I hope Reeves will be placed in jail to live his last days there. He is the one at fault here. There are no doubts about that. Any person with common sense would see there were absolutely no evidence to use a gun in this situation. This old dude is just out of his mind and control freak who is obviously dangerous to anyone around him...

Actually he is only dangerous to anyone who attacks him. Seems that from the timeline of his life he has been a civil servant and involved in security which is the protection of people.

You have made statements that you cannot possibly know if they are correct or not.

If you knew anything about FL law, he had every right to use a gun in his situation.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Actually he is only dangerous to anyone who attacks him. Seems that from the timeline of his life he has been a civil servant and involved in security which is the protection of people.

You have made statements that you cannot possibly know if they are correct or not.

If you knew anything about FL law, he had every right to use a gun in his situation.
If you knew anything about civility and human decency, he would never have brought a loaded gun into the theater or moved his seat when bothered by the "texting". I guess the loose cannon would have shot a teenage girl if she "assaulted" him with popcorn and called him a name he didn't like or told him to mind his own business. Reeves reminds me of Michael Dunn, the control freak out of Jax who didn't like the loud music in the car next to him.

Thought you were going to leave it alone until the trial, but I guess not ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay