Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 11:12 AM

790 posts, read 1,268,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
It's funny you mention the flipping shows. We noticed the same thing. Can't believe they are mainly focused in Vegas and Kalifornia though.

I think vegas was THE worst hit market and the fact that they are trying to play it up again is just funny to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
It's funny you mention the flipping shows. We noticed the same thing. Can't believe they are mainly focused in Vegas and Kalifornia though.

I think vegas was THE worst hit market and the fact that they are trying to play it up again is just funny to me. Maybe some people do make money flipping homes and thats why they are on tv, but in reality its not as easy as it looks.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:58 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
I think vegas was THE worst hit market and the fact that they are trying to play it up again is just funny to me.
I agree!

Old 07-16-2014, 09:49 AM

184 posts, read 244,728 times
Thank you all on the detailed and helpful advice. We put about 35K into the house renovating the "basic" bones like roof, re-piping, electrical and a brand new state of art Kitchen.
B8nk - appreciate your reply, but I don't consider my house "crap", but I do get what u mean. I've heard the saying.
As for it being an older home, many people like them. My particular house has LOTs of light because of the amt of windows and the ceilings are high for a home WITHOUT the newer vaulted type, which I like/don't like depending on how their used. And the rooms I mostly use (den, dinning) are bigger than some of the mcmansions.
Hey, it's all subjective when it comes to taste, but I will def check the comps and see what's sold. I've actually had several people interested in buying it (neighbors/friends) when they found out I'd move, probably late 2015.
THANK you, it helps when knowledgeable people weigh in on this area. I love TT, and when you get back into the older parts, it's so much more than the 56th/Busch intersection that is the only thing some people know about it. ALSO, I've seen some really good pricing on homes that would be more elsewhere. My particualar street is also a real plus, the houses are not in "linear" line and the varied lots gives a more open area look . You can tell I love my house/neighborhood ! lol All the best, deb.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debnova View Post
Thank you all on the detailed and helpful advice. We put about 35K into the house renovating the "basic" bones like roof, re-piping, electrical and a brand new state of art Kitchen.
B8nk - appreciate your reply, but I don't consider my house "crap", but I do get what u mean. I've heard the saying.
As for it being an older home, many people like them. My particular house has LOTs of light because of the amt of windows and the ceilings are high for a home WITHOUT the newer vaulted type, which I like/don't like depending on how their used. And the rooms I mostly use (den, dinning) are bigger than some of the mcmansions.
Hey, it's all subjective when it comes to taste, but I will def check the comps and see what's sold. I've actually had several people interested in buying it (neighbors/friends) when they found out I'd move, probably late 2015.
THANK you, it helps when knowledgeable people weigh in on this area. I love TT, and when you get back into the older parts, it's so much more than the 56th/Busch intersection that is the only thing some people know about it. ALSO, I've seen some really good pricing on homes that would be more elsewhere. My particualar street is also a real plus, the houses are not in "linear" line and the varied lots gives a more open area look . You can tell I love my house/neighborhood ! lol All the best, deb.
Hey sorry, lol I didnt mean your house was a piece of crap, just from what I saw in the market back in 2008 where 900 sq ft condos were going for 120k plus. I think you will do very well if you PLAN properly. It also doesnt hurt to list for a higher price with the expectation that you may have to bring it down, who knows it only takes one buyer to fall in love with your place. I wish you the best of luck!

Old 07-16-2014, 03:51 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
Hey sorry, lol I didnt mean your house was a piece of crap, just from what I saw in the market back in 2008 where 900 sq ft condos were going for 120k plus. I think you will do very well if you PLAN properly. It also doesnt hurt to list for a higher price with the expectation that you may have to bring it down, who knows it only takes one buyer to fall in love with your place. I wish you the best of luck!
You are "advising" based on your knowledge in 2008? . As they say no information is better than bad information, you might as well just shut up .

Old 12-13-2017, 12:53 PM

Default A snarky reply isn't worth anything either

Did not appreciate YOU telling a poster to "shut up". He was being helpful and your reply was not. I could discern the worth of the info, your post was more about YOU and that's not great.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:20 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,242,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debnova View Post
Did not appreciate YOU telling a poster to "shut up". He was being helpful and your reply was not. I could discern the worth of the info, your post was more about YOU and that's not great.
Were you bored today? Just strange that you responded in a thread that was last active more than 3 1/2 years old.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:41 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
Were you bored today? Just strange that you responded in a thread that was last active more than 3 1/2 years old.

Old 12-30-2017, 11:58 AM

I just go back to comment on posts directed to MY question and some replies. Mostly to THANK people, but this poster needed to go along with what posting is about and this forum and I just thought he/she shouldn't just get by with being rude. I AM STILL FOLLOWING the discussion, as I am in process of doing what I posted about. But, hey, I was kind of bored, too !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay