Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 05:46 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I completely agree with this with just one caveat. We are in the East Lake corridor, but are considered Palm Harbor. Not just for mailing, but the actual physical address in all records and appraiser's and tax departments. The East Lake corridor contains parts of Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor and unicorporated areas. It is a fantastic area.

Realistic commute time to DT Tampa though is 45-75 minutes, as Hillsborough Road is simply awful during rush hour and the Causeway can be tough as well......plus the time getting around in DT Tampa.
So you gave up the notion that you lived in East Lake? (Just teasing! But you do live in Palm Harbor LOL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 07:45 AM

5,976 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Understand that a lot of people moving here want to close to the beach, but they don't understand the logistics of the area.

Tampa is not close to the beach. Period.

If you work in Tampa, being close to the beach creates a real issue, as you're going to have a commute that could potentially rival that of the one you have in DC.

There are many of us who live in the Tampa area and work in Tampa who enjoy the beach, but accept the fact that it's an hour trip each way. If you want to go to some of the better beaches, such as Anna Maria, it's going to be an hour+ trip or better no matter where you live in the area.

RM

Old 07-16-2014, 10:14 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
So you gave up the notion that you lived in East Lake? (Just teasing! But you do live in Palm Harbor LOL)
I have always stated we live in Palm Harbor, in the East Lake corridor. I have not stated anything different. A certain individual was convinced we did not live in Palm Harbor.....for some oddball reason. Funny thing is that I was just looking up some information on our property in the appraiser's and tax collector's databases, and our physical location is indeed listed as Palm Harbor. I almost did a screenshot and posted it, but thought better of it considering a couple of suspect individuals here.....LOL!

Technically all of Palm Harbor is unincorporated. I found that out in an interesting read.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:22 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Thank you for clarifying!
No problem. This entire corridor is confusing they way it is labeled, as it is all unincorporated. I "believe" it "may" be a similar situation for Westchase in Hillsborough County.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:29 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,119,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TToTheB View Post
Good Morning All,

I would like to relocate to the Tampa Area (Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater) I would love to be 30 minutes to the beach or closer. Could you please suggest some good, safe neighborhoods, with good schools? A High School with a Graphic Design/Video Game Design course would be great as my son is in a program where we live now and I would like him to be able to transfer.

Thanks in Advance for your assistance.

Respectfully,

TToTheB
Seminole is a great area and is close to the beach. The schools there are rated well. Seminole High School would be the school he would be zoned for. Please note, that your kid can and may be sent to a different school then the school your home is zoned for.... I find this pretty common in Pinellas. If the school is full your kid will be sent somewhere else.

30 minutes from the beach mean you will be living in Pinellas County. Pinellas County has a lot of traffic and I swear none of their lights are snychronized. I lived in Seminole for a year before buying a home in Carrollwood area in Tampa. The weather is much better near the coast.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:56 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post

30 minutes from the beach mean you will be living in Pinellas County. Pinellas County has a lot of traffic and I swear none of their lights are snychronized. I lived in Seminole for a year before buying a home in Carrollwood area in Tampa. The weather is much better near the coast.
Traffic in Pinellas is a NIGHTMARE! I seldom venture out of the Safety Harbor/Oldsmar/Palm Harbor area because I cannot stand wasting my life away in all that stop and go nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay