Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 03:47 PM

712 posts, read 1,362,982 times

Advertisements

I know a family that lives in Westchase Florida and they are interested in relocating down to the Sarasota-Bradenton area. However, they are having a hard time trying to find something similar to their hometown of Westchase.

They are looking for an expert that knows these areas well and can recommend some comparable areas to Westchase, FL. Comparable as in with similar to Deer Park Elementary/Farnell MS ratings, an area that is somewhat unincorporated, no bus stops, trains or flight paths, close to shopping like Walmart, Publix and Winn-Dixie. Just a peace and quiet, safe type area to rent a house.

This seems to be a very, very hard one to answer, but your help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 10:40 PM

6,583 posts, read 4,961,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
I know a family that lives in Westchase Florida and they are interested in relocating down to the Sarasota-Bradenton area. However, they are having a hard time trying to find something similar to their hometown of Westchase.

They are looking for an expert that knows these areas well and can recommend some comparable areas to Westchase, FL. Comparable as in with similar to Deer Park Elementary/Farnell MS ratings, an area that is somewhat unincorporated, no bus stops, trains or flight paths, close to shopping like Walmart, Publix and Winn-Dixie. Just a peace and quiet, safe type area to rent a house.

This seems to be a very, very hard one to answer, but your help is appreciated.
There are master planned communities in Sarasota, Palmer ranch, Lakewood ranch but you won't get the same young family mix you have in west Chase there are more retirees in Sarasota period no getting away from the old people on golf carts in any of the master planned communities.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:48 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,581,764 times
I second Lakewood Ranch, all though there are several other communities on University Blvd that should also be taken into account.
Can't go wrong in Sarasota really!

Old 07-16-2014, 07:48 AM

17,466 posts, read 38,872,985 times
Lakewood Ranch, and there are LOADS of families there, it is NOT retirees! TOP schools, all amenities, close to the best shopping in Sarasota. The best area, no question.

Not a realtor, and I don't live there, so nothing to gain for me to recommend it. OP, check it out.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:08 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,972,418 times
Lakewood Ranch is the main one that comes to mind. Try to find a place far from the new mall they are building on University Blvd though, that place is going to be a cluster when it opens, traffic wise.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Lakewood Ranch, and there are LOADS of families there, it is NOT retirees! TOP schools, all amenities, close to the best shopping in Sarasota. The best area, no question.

Not a realtor, and I don't live there, so nothing to gain for me to recommend it. OP, check it out.
Really? Throw me a percentage retiree/young family and contrast that to west Chase it's not remotely close. It's not the villages but not West Chase either, the difference it's the amount of retirees so I think it's worth mentioning that difference.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:34 AM

17,466 posts, read 38,872,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Really? Throw me a percentage retiree/young family and contrast that to west Chase it's not remotely close. It's not the villages but not West Chase either, the difference it's the amount of retirees so I think it's worth mentioning that difference.
What does it matter what the "percentages" are anyway? The fact is, Lakewood Ranch is HUGE and there are loads of families there along with some of the best schools in the area. So what if Westchase has more - it's non-relevant. Should work out just fine. And anyway they asked about this area, and this is the premier community. I live in Sarasota/Manatee and this is my recommendation.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:16 PM

When comparing two places it would matter, the op asked to compare master planned communities in SARASOTA versus westchase, all I said was Lakewood ranch would be comparable but there is significant more retirees than west Chase,it's a fact I am not trying to put Lakewood ranch down, personally I have friends who live by the country club that area is mostly wealthy retirees I understand that they have been expanding and the newer parts are lower prices and geared towards families but still a lot of retirees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay