Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2014, 08:06 AM

3 posts, read 2,663 times

Advertisements

I am relocating from Indiana to the Tampa/St. Pete area this year with a friend of mine. He currently lives on Manasota Key but we are both somewhat unfamiliar with the Tampa Bay area. I have a job offer near the Carrollwood area, but I am also looking at other options closer to the St. Pete area. He is looking at several different schooling options in the area.

What we are looking for is probably impossible but any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

We are both single guys in our mid-twenties looking for a laid back beach environment if possible. From the research that I have done it seems like the beach areas only have things to do during peak seasons. I would like to be in an area that has younger people, and activities (I realize that is very open ended), but still might be a reasonable drive to the beach. My other concern is being in a location that has somewhat easy access to North Tampa area considering I may accept a position there.

We are hoping to rent a single family house and would like to keep it under $1,800 a month.

Any suggested areas I should look into? Or recommendations on other near by areas that might be a better fit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 08:54 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,153 times
Oldsmar, Citrus Park, and even the Carrollwood area. You can find nice places on Sheldon Road as well. You are not that far from Safety Harbor either.

If beach, entertainment, and laid back are more important than another 15 to 30 minute drive to and from work live over in Clearwater. How you rank your priorities will make it an easier decision for you.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Oldsmar, Citrus Park, and even the Carrollwood area. You can find nice places on Sheldon Road as well. You are not that far from Safety Harbor either.

If beach, entertainment, and laid back are more important than another 15 to 30 minute drive to and from work live over in Clearwater. How you rank your priorities will make it an easier decision for you.
Thank you for the feed back!

My friend currently lives right across the street from the beach and I am thinking be closer to the beach will be the most important. Are there specific areas you would recommend to stay away from around Clearwater?

Old 07-25-2014, 08:09 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,153 times
Honestly, if you drove around Clearwater you will see where to stay away from in less than an hour. It just has some run down areas is all.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:48 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Honestly, if you drove around Clearwater you will see where to stay away from in less than an hour. It just has some run down areas is all.
Yep. It is pretty easy to tell.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:37 AM

I have seen a lot of nice looking rentals in Apollo Beach. Does anyone have an opinion on that area?

Old 08-01-2014, 10:58 AM

232 posts, read 348,426 times
Honestly, with the traffic and distances, I think it's best to live close to work and then drive to the beach/entertainment during your off time. I commuted from Clearwater to Northdale(Tampa) and from Dunedin to New Port Richey during my working days. What a huge drag and waste of time. If you're going to work in Carrollwood, get a nice apt there with a pool. Then on the weekends, go to the beach of your choice or go party in Ybor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay