Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,388 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Rhode Island most of my life, and Lets just say I know it all too well.
Just this year went down to Miami, Florida for Carnival, and I loved it. Had a chance to stay in Daytona Beach, and I love the Sun, and how big the area was, cant help but feel drawn to the area. My best friend lives down there and she has alot of family down there.

The problem with moving is that I have a 3yr old baby girl with me and im worried about daycare, and what areas are good for a single mom. Im also planning on going back to school for Radiology. Im just scared that I wont make it and have to move back to crappy RI thats what my fear is. Im 24 and I dont need anymore crap on my plate.

?s
---
what are good areas for kids?
Im a CNA great places to work? (even though my job can relocate me)
Great areas for single people?

If anyone can help me out i would trully appreciate it alot thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 05:14 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,688,068 times
New Tampa, florida, is OK-The cost of living, is very high. 24 is real young, you could
stay put, and teach? if this what you would like. Florida, now, has, problems.

go to school-then-come. like you are a Mom! and you need a real job. florida, pays 7.00 per hour- and you will not make it.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:26 PM

792 posts, read 2,291,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleEbonyMomma View Post
I've lived in Rhode Island most of my life, and Lets just say I know it all too well.
Just this year went down to Miami, Florida for Carnival, and I loved it. Had a chance to stay in Daytona Beach, and I love the Sun, and how big the area was, cant help but feel drawn to the area. My best friend lives down there and she has alot of family down there.

The problem with moving is that I have a 3yr old baby girl with me and im worried about daycare, and what areas are good for a single mom. Im also planning on going back to school for Radiology. Im just scared that I wont make it and have to move back to crappy RI thats what my fear is. Im 24 and I dont need anymore crap on my plate.

?s
---
what are good areas for kids?
Im a CNA great places to work? (even though my job can relocate me)
Great areas for single people?

If anyone can help me out i would trully appreciate it alot thanks
I think you should move. You can get a job waiting tables and live with your friend, till something better comes along.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:20 AM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,391 times
Come down Rhode Island stinks I know I was born and raised there. Been in orlando for 20 years and would never live back up there.

Even if it`s not florida get out of that crummy state.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:42 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,458,760 times
whats a CNA?

Old 12-26-2007, 09:51 AM

4 posts, read 39,681 times
You might consider Bradenton/Sarasota area. Lots of CNA jobs available, (lot of old people) cost of living is high (as is all of Florida) but many safe neighborhoods. USF has a campus here, also Manatee CommunityCollege if you're looking to furthering your education. Moderator cut: webpage
Good Luck

Last edited by Keeper; 12-27-2007 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: realtor webpages not allowed

Old 12-26-2007, 10:29 AM

192 posts, read 857,719 times
Go to school first! Then come down. As a single mom you will still have tough time on your wages in Radiology, I'm an LPN and could not make it here on my own wages alone. CNA's make around 7-10 an hour and are treated like crap here, very high turnover rate. Good luck.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:21 PM

393 posts, read 1,497,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
Come down Rhode Island stinks I know I was born and raised there. Been in orlando for 20 years and would never live back up there.

Even if it`s not florida get out of that crummy state.
Why is the whole state of RI such a 'crummy' place? I don't know anyone that lives there so I'm curious. I would like to visit there someday.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:47 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parasol View Post
Why is the whole state of RI such a 'crummy' place? I don't know anyone that lives there so I'm curious. I would like to visit there someday.

It`s just my personal opinion I was born and raised in Bristol Rhode Island. Don`t get me wrong there are some good things about Rhode Island. Things that are crappy about the state are The job market is bad it is boring as hell most of the people are busy body's or stuck up.

No one knows how to drive in Rhode Island. Houses are expensive taxes are high you have two good months of weather the rest is either raining, snowing, cloudy or freezing. Pot holes all over the road, if you live there better be prepared to buy new shocks every few months.

Good things are the food especially the sea food is unbeatable. The summer weather is fantastic. The fishing if your into that is fantastic. The state has beautiful scenery. Old homes and buildings. Newport is the best town in the state very vibrant.

It`s just my opinion many like it there I just do not.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:23 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,697,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
whats a CNA?
Certified Nursing Assistant....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay