Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 06:26 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,375,720 times

Advertisements

My inlaws live right off of Flora and 19. Moved there in the early 90s, when it was primarily a snowbird and retirement area. It the time it as nice for what it was. Houses and yards well kept, nice people, nothing special but a decent place for a retiree on a fixed income to live.

Fast forward to now:

Rentals, trashed homes, crack/methheads all over the place, cars parked on lawns (if there's still a lawn), etc., etc. The place is flat ass nasty.

Fortunately, the cul-de-sac the inlaws live on is still all the same retirees with a few new ones. Homes are still well kept and maintained.

I'm not sure how much longer that's going to hold. Someone is going to die or move and the block will get broken by an absentee landlord with crappy renters.

As for 19, well, it's been a nightmare to drive on for years and just keeps getting worse and worse. I hate going over there and do my best to stay away from 19. it will only get worse as the snowbirds return in October/November, as it does every year.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 06:59 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
My inlaws live right off of Flora and 19. Moved there in the early 90s, when it was primarily a snowbird and retirement area. It the time it as nice for what it was. Houses and yards well kept, nice people, nothing special but a decent place for a retiree on a fixed income to live.

Fast forward to now:

Rentals, trashed homes, crack/methheads all over the place, cars parked on lawns (if there's still a lawn), etc., etc. The place is flat ass nasty.

Fortunately, the cul-de-sac the inlaws live on is still all the same retirees with a few new ones. Homes are still well kept and maintained.

I'm not sure how much longer that's going to hold. Someone is going to die or move and the block will get broken by an absentee landlord with crappy renters.

As for 19, well, it's been a nightmare to drive on for years and just keeps getting worse and worse. I hate going over there and do my best to stay away from 19. it will only get worse as the snowbirds return in October/November, as it does every year.

RM
This is what has happened to Westport and i am suing another landlord for renting to trash.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:42 AM

734 posts, read 920,690 times
All of west Pasco is a hellhole.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
All of west Pasco is a hellhole.
True. Never saw the kind of people like i have here. Maybe TNC tops it when it comes to crime.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:31 AM

85 posts, read 129,756 times
So many parts of Florida, and especially Holiday, grew with no city planning and little regulations. The development form is unstainable, dated, and unwanted....thus people move away and no one whats to move in to revive it. The County has a redevelopment plan for that Corridor but its going to take a lot of work, there is just so much blight. However, Downtown New Port Richey up the road is sort of cute.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye-rye View Post
So many parts of Florida, and especially Holiday, grew with no city planning and little regulations. The development form is unstainable, dated, and unwanted....thus people move away and no one whats to move in to revive it. The County has a redevelopment plan for that Corridor but its going to take a lot of work, there is just so much blight. However, Downtown New Port Richey up the road is sort of cute.
Best thing to do is just clean out everything and wipe it off the map west of US19 and 3 miles to the east of 19. Maybe one day a CAT5 storm will do the job and they won't allow any rebuilding within 6 miles of the coast.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:08 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,047 times
We commonly refer to Holiday as "Helladay" and New Port Richey as "New Port Raunchy". Pretty much all of West Pasco is the armpit of Pasco County.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:28 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,839 times
What about Trinity? I know its part of NPR but it was an area that I was looking at. I hear its nice,,,but maybe not?

Old 09-21-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
What about Trinity? I know its part of NPR but it was an area that I was looking at. I hear its nice,,,but maybe not?
It's a hores of a diff color with real homes that cost over 100k , not the tiny run down homes that are 20k.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:21 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,839 times
So in your opinion Trinity is ok then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay