Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 10:04 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,122,063 times

Advertisements

Actually,there are schools (colleges and others) that teach medical billing. Its not easy. You have to know a lot of medical terminology and the codes that match it. Of course the longer you do it the better you get.
An yeah, they can be extremely valuable to a medical practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 10:29 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Thank you and as far as deep cleaning my wife told me that just because a dentist recommends a service its up to the patient to make sure that their insurance will cover it. It not up to the dental office ,all, they do is bill the insurance and if it is not fully coverd or not even paid it your responsibility to pay the bill. Every policy is different. She has patients that have multiple insurances. Most deep cleaning is not fully covered. And as far as fraud insurance companies would be all over a Pratice like flys on poop if they even suspected fraud. And for people on here who think they are experts in every job be quiet because you haven't the faintest clue what you are talking about. Some times you can take that diploma and wipe your butt with it. Because just because you have it dose not mean you are better than someone that dose not. My wife will run circles around a person with a degree.
I asked my dental office twice(once when I called and again when I arrived at the office)...gave them my insurance info twice(on phone and paperwork I filled out that day)...at the end of my appointment the said no charge for today and let me walk out...it's unfair to preform a procedure on a patient tell them no charge...I feel I did my due diligence by providing all my insurance info and asking before the cleaning about my coverage...the office was either too lazy or incompetent to call the number on the back of my card and find out if I was covered...well I wrote a letter to the dentist gave names of the people in the office that had assured me there would be "no charge"...I never was billed again...I had never been billed previously for a cleaning and had been with the same carrier for over 10 years...however the dentist was new to me... the new dr. didn't inform me about my cleaning being a "deep" one...Now when I go to the dentist every six months for a covered cleaning I make sure it's not a deep one......and if one day
I'm told I need a deep clean and it will be X amount of dollars I will do it...just don't try and pull a fast one on me...

Old 09-30-2014, 11:10 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,123,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I asked my dental office twice(once when I called and again when I arrived at the office)...gave them my insurance info twice(on phone and paperwork I filled out that day)...at the end of my appointment the said no charge for today and let me walk out...it's unfair to preform a procedure on a patient tell them no charge...I feel I did my due diligence by providing all my insurance info and asking before the cleaning about my coverage...the office was either too lazy or incompetent to call the number on the back of my card and find out if I was covered...well I wrote a letter to the dentist gave names of the people in the office that had assured me there would be "no charge"...I never was billed again...I had never been billed previously for a cleaning and had been with the same carrier for over 10 years...however the dentist was new to me... the new dr. didn't inform me about my cleaning being a "deep" one...Now when I go to the dentist every six months for a covered cleaning I make sure it's not a deep one......and if one day
I'm told I need a deep clean and it will be X amount of dollars I will do it...just don't try and pull a fast one on me...
Here is what her office says. Dental offices file claims for insurance benefits ON BEHALF of the patient as a courtesy for the most part. It's on you as the patient to know and understand what your insurance plan covers. Just like your medical insurance.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:20 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,854 times
Quote:
If that was the case why did they have to go outside the state of Florida. The ones that make min wage have no clue what my wife's job involves. They went that rout and it cost them more than what they are paying my wife. My wife has a 99 to 100% collection rate. My wife even said she would of took what they were not getting paid for as salery, that's how much they were losing. All because of inexperience people think they can do the job. The person my wife replaced even told her you are as good as you say you are. All the other dentist that work there say this place would be in deep ***** if you ever left. And her boss knows this. They paid allot of money to get her. They leave her alone and she likes it like that. Ever since she took over the insurance the whole office now gets a bonus every month because A/R are up every month because of her collections from insurance. She will get every penny from a insurance company. So answer to your question no one around her can do what my wife can.
This was not a "dis" on your wife. From what you say she is someone with skills in demand. I am talking about people that want to be paid like someone with in demand skills.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:24 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I am sure those dentists are raking it in with all those $79 extractions.

It seems that that dental group should be investigated for fraud. "how to bill and what to bill" sounds like somebody is pulling a fast one on somebody. Dentrix has been around since 1985 so anyone who has been in the business long enough should be an expert on that software package.
Who the heck does $79 extractions? Last one I had, it was thru cheap, chain Florida Dental and it was $200.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:53 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,029 times
Quote:
Here is what her office says. Dental offices file claims for insurance benefits ON BEHALF of the patient as a courtesy for the most part. It's on you as the patient to know and understand what your insurance plan covers. Just like your medical insurance.
I previously went to Cobbe dental...when I arrived at the office before the procedure...I was given a piece of paper stating what procedure was being done and what my insurance was covering and what was my patient responsibility...I wasn't allowed to walk out of the office thinking there was no-charge for what I had done...to be honest I never heard of a deep cleaning given as a normal six month cleaning and didn't realize I had one till I was in the chair and it was taking forever...I just thought this new dentist office was more thorough... Cobbe always called the number on the back of my card...I just stopped going because I moved and this new office was close by. I have also been told to tell a dentist that I have no insurance get the price for the cash procedure and then when I come for the procedure tell them I now have insurance...I don't have the nerve for that though!

Last edited by Irishiis49; 09-30-2014 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: mis-spelling

Old 09-30-2014, 12:14 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,123,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
This was not a "dis" on your wife. From what you say she is someone with skills in demand. I am talking about people that want to be paid like someone with in demand skills.
Thats what she says, everyone wants to start at the top instead of working to get there. My wife started out making a little over $8.00 an hour and she told me that she wants to be the best at what ever she dose. She could not go to collage after high school because her mother died and she had a younger brother and sister to take care of. But everything she takes on she wants to be the best at it. She went to the owner of the practice who is a long time dentist with a question and the he said you would know the answer better than me. She is always busting the owners daughter who is also a dentist there for billing work that the insurance will not pay. My wife knows before even submitting the claim what will get paid and what will not. She has to look at X-rays all the time to determine if enough surrounding area is good enough to have be crown eligible. And yes insurance companies have dentist on staff to look at X-rays and bone scans, to see if they should pay a claim. Its just not claim agents looking at your claim.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Who the heck does $79 extractions? Last one I had, it was thru cheap, chain Florida Dental and it was $200.
Tampa Tooth Extraction - TampaDentalHealth.com‎
www.tampadentalhealth.com/‎
10320 N 56th St, Suite 300, Temple Terrace, FL‎
$89 Tooth Extraction. Payment Plans Walk-ins Welcome. Get Relief Now.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:44 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Tampa Tooth Extraction - TampaDentalHealth.com‎
www.tampadentalhealth.com/‎
10320 N 56th St, Suite 300, Temple Terrace, FL‎
$89 Tooth Extraction. Payment Plans Walk-ins Welcome. Get Relief Now.
There is a scam or bait and switch there somewhere.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
There is a scam or bait and switch there somewhere.

Could be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay