Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 04:29 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times

Advertisements

Their Elementary School is rated C for few years now.... C! If any family with kids in their right mind would spend 400K for a house zoned to school like that one, they are either going with private school or new to this area and will move away soon. Really...

Few threads down County Walk community was bashed for it's remote location, high CDD/HOA, and lack of amenities and Watergrass now on top of the list LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 04:42 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
I need to just leave your posts alone and let you wallow in your own thought process. You think there are no opportunities for a kid to do well? Do you think teachers aren't teaching?

It's nice that you can make a comment that ANY FAMILY, in other words ALL will leave as soon as they find out what it is really like. Do you believe what you write? If you don't want to live there, DON'T! But please try and not speak for EVERYONE.

Wesley Chapel Schools - Wesley Chapel Florida School Ratings - Public and Private The elementary schools listed (on a scale of 1 to 10) are as follows: 9,9,9,9,8

I see the high school with a 6. Last 5 posts (all since 2011) are great. Not sure what algorithm goes into the final score. I go by what I hear from families, but I admit I don't hear or see most of what goes on.

Whale away at this post

Old 10-16-2014, 05:09 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Watergrass zoned to horrible schools, so families with young kids are not looking to move their. The traffic is so bad during morning/evening hours and the hardest part is to get to SR 54 from there. $399K for a 4K sq. ft. house over their it's waaay too much!
Really? Is that a serious answer!

What traffic..? It is a 3 lane road on 54 to I-75 and please tell me what time of day your occur traffic...

Standard Pacific is offering different prices for the same homes in different locations but keep in mind the standard Saratoga in each community is different and unless you buy some upgrades it will be a very basic home.
The CDD/HOA is high compared to better locations but if you like the location than you get a nice home for less money.
I personally like the Saratoga but only with some needed upgrades otherwise it is not as special since I have seen many with less upgrades and they are in my opinion not a great house compared to what else is out there with already offering a pool, etc.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:13 PM

One of my kids went to all three schools over there and ended up with being accepted into 9 Colleges and now being a Junior in College with a full ride for a special 3 year degree in the business school of a very well graded University. Getting out of HS with higher than a 4.0 gpa and high testing scores for SAT and ACT ending with lots of credits is not making those schools bad schools.

Last edited by bentlebee; 10-16-2014 at 05:38 PM..

Old 10-16-2014, 06:23 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
Thank You. My reasoning exactly.

Mississippi has terrible school ratings, but my daughters went through the system and one is just starting college, the other is now in Medical School.

You want to be a slacker high school student. Go ahead. These teachers don't have the time or authority to force people to learn. Those same kids bring down the FCAT scores and normally are the ones complaining they didn't learn anything in high school. But I had those same kids in my high school a long, long time ago

Old 10-16-2014, 06:59 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times
Realtors are talking...

betnlebee, there is no way your kid attended "one of assigned schools" being in college now, because this school is too new. But it was a good try

Old 10-17-2014, 04:00 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Realtors are talking...
I had the same thought. We all know anecdotal information beats out data.

Old 10-17-2014, 04:13 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Thank You. My reasoning exactly.

Mississippi has terrible school ratings, but my daughters went through the system and one is just starting college, the other is now in Medical School.

You want to be a slacker high school student. Go ahead. These teachers don't have the time or authority to force people to learn. Those same kids bring down the FCAT scores and normally are the ones complaining they didn't learn anything in high school. But I had those same kids in my high school a long, long time ago
It's an old argument, certain kids will succeed anywhere, kids with strong parental support are also more likely to succeed, in spite of whatever school they are in, but as a parent you want to put your kid in the best possible situation, you want to give them support, a good example, and if you can help it a high performing school where the norm the culture is for kids to succeed. Therefore as a parent when you look for a house you should care about school ratings, and grades, well maybe should it's not the right word rather it makes all the sense in the world to care so to dismiss it based in your anecdotal information sounds like you are pushing an agenda.

Old 10-17-2014, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Realtors are talking...

betnlebee, there is no way your kid attended "one of assigned schools" being in college now, because this school is too new. But it was a good try
I have proof to back my statement up but you don't even want to disclose your original country of birth aside from realtors being open about their profession which most people don't even have to disclose.

The truth is easier to remember than a lie so why would I even lie about my own child and where he went to school...aside of that many of his friends went to the same schools and are all in College now.

Just a few days ago on Curley road a young man died in a one sided car accident after making some selfie or video while driving which is a sad tragedy and shouldn't have happened if he had paid attention to driving...

That man was also in my sons school but not one who went to College but my child knew him from school.

Maybe you are now willing to disclose your country of birth since you claim all kind of things and accuse people of telling the truth while hiding your simple fact of a naming a country of birth like we all know who you are if you disclose that.

Last edited by bentlebee; 10-17-2014 at 04:49 AM..

Old 10-17-2014, 04:56 AM

Btw a school grade is based on an average which means there are many kids doing well if the school is a B or C school and a ground is not doing well at all.

Keep in mind the slackers and kids who don't care are incl. in the school ratings and also kids from parents who don't speak a word of English and their kids hardly speak English either.

When my child attended WCHS they were either a B or C school but the 2nd year they became an "A" school which thereafter changed to a B school. What the school rating is right now I don't know since my child graduated 2 years ago and is now a Junior in College due to the amount of credits and he was accepted in IB but we never chose that program due to the distance and the fact that certain courses were mandatory and he already had taken the courses and had simple to retake them and we thought that was a waste of time incl. the driving time to LOL.

Just because a statement about traffic jams on St Rd 54 are untrue Enggirl...now claims my child didn't attend these schools and is in College so by her statement nobody attending these school can make it to College...wow! I think she offended a lot of parents and kids who are very focussed and work hard...of I forgot all the hard working teachers in these schools!

My respect goes to the teachers who did a great job in all these 3 schools and thanks to them my child is where he is now and moving to Watergrass and attending these schools is not bad at all since it comes to the motivation of a child and parents like others pointed out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay