Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 02:46 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times

Advertisements

it looks like your statement about the overhyped media is spot on - fool me once....I thought I figured out the media by now and their 2 week cycle for news hype....thankfully it appears Ebolas was yet another like the Y2K scare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 02:47 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
let us know when you return from W. Africa - more interesting to see how that goes - NYC? what's the big deal?
Well according to pandemic alarmists...The Ebola bowling doctor was running around NYC riding the same subways I was...at the same time...but still feeling fever free ! Oh...I'll be down at my friends condo on Clearwater Beach this weekend...so don't say I didn't give you guys a heads up!

Old 10-30-2014, 03:44 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Back from NYC...took the 1train ...still fever free...if that changes will let you all know...lol...
Did any recent arrivals from West Africa sneeze near you?

Old 10-30-2014, 03:54 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Americas only ebola case was in NYC.Therefore anyone who goes to NYC is evidently in danger of contracting ebola.
No. The confirmed case was in Texas. The guy who died from it.

The problem lies with those coming to the states from W. Africa who may or may not be harboring the disease.

The problem is compounded by those wh0 were in W. Africa, contracted the disease, and went anywhere else in the world because that would leave many potential exposures who could wind up traveling here.

Before 9/20/14 there were zero cases of ebola in the U.S. Not even a single suspected case.

That has apparently changed quickly.

Could Ebola come to the United States? - CNN.com

The above link is from July.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Did any recent arrivals from West Africa sneeze near you?
I don't think you sneeze with ebola...more like vomit and dysentery... I can happily report nobody hit me with either...

Old 10-31-2014, 12:55 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Americas only ebola case was in NYC.Therefore anyone who goes to NYC is evidently in danger of contracting ebola.
OK i didnt word that right..I'll try again.
At the moment the only person afflicted with Ebola In the USA is a guy in NYC.For people to suggest avoiding the city or its subway system for fear they might contract Ebola is succumbing to the medias need to induce panic and hysteria about an almost non existent issue.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:03 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Post your Tampa Bay Ebola comments/stories here.....

False concerns of Ebola on Tampa-bound flight
Most flights go first to Europe and than to the U.S. and people will lie their way into the USA.

To me the most upsetting is the attitude of the nurse who wants to go to court and shows no compassion for fears of parents and anyone in their surroundings.

I always thought health care employees where one of the least selfish people.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:21 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Most flights go first to Europe and than to the U.S. and people will lie their way into the USA.

To me the most upsetting is the attitude of the nurse who wants to go to court and shows no compassion for fears of parents and anyone in their surroundings.

I always thought health care employees where one of the least selfish people.

Interesting. I haven't followed her case that closely. I know she volunteered to work in Ebola-land for 4 weeks - that's a pretty decent sacrifice to place herself in the hotzone and risk her life.

She's also an American with Constitutional rights - and as such, there should be established laws for her situation - and not based on the whims of a fatass, outspoken governor from NJ.

As a former military RN (haven't practiced for five years now), I'm embarrassed for my profession by a lot of what's gone on the last couple of weeks with the ebola response.

I think the nurses who allowed Duncan (first US ebola death) to fall through the triage cracks was negligent. Even a layperson could have picked up on the possibility that he was suffering from the viral illness, imo.

I expected more from the Texas nurses who picketed with the union - it is up to them to establish policy in their hospitals and stop playing the victim card for not being properly trained and equipped. In most hospitals where I've worked, nurses are part of the hospital leadership and in the forefront of decision making for the hospital.

Now this Maine nurse is taking a stand for her Constitutional rights. I can't blame her for taking a stand. If it were me, I'd take a stand as well, but also make sure I didn't expose my community to the potential spread during the incubation period.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:03 AM

To make matters worse the NY doctor lied to officials about his whereabouts during the week he was home...he stated that he self-quarantined...well the NYPD didn't believe him and checked his metro card and credit card and found out he had been running(literally) around town...when confronted by this information he caved...very disheartening in light that this man as a doctor is held to a higher standard of conduct...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay