Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Amendment 2....How will you vote?
YES 33 80.49%
NO 7 17.07%
UNDECIDED 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 01:27 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,911 times

Advertisements

"Simply getting high." Tell that to the people with these conditions you aren't experiencing. Tell them they only take it because "they enjoy it." Nevermind there are many cases of improvement in their conditions, it helps them deal with the mental and daily tolls their conditions bring, and it also helps MANY of them eat properly to sustain a healthier lifestyle to bring in nutrition to battle their condition.

You have to be able to think of others than yourself.

If you think legalizing marijuana, even recreational use, is going to have people smoking all over the streets and getting high and driving everywhere...that is ridiculous. The same people who use it illegally now will use it legally. Yeah, maybe a slight increase from those who partake less often because of the legal ramifications, but it's not like we will turn into Sodom or something overnight.

Besides, I'd much rather be around stoners than sloppy drunks.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
People of this country always amazed me with their special attitude towards drugs. You love drugs. Look at average elementary school class - half of all kids are on ADHD drugs. Nowhere in the world you will find such a high percentage of drug users starting at such a young age. No wonder you want to get high with something new as a adult.

You don't really have to debate with me. Everyone have a right to voice their opinion. Let agree on disagree.
I don't "love drugs". In fact, I think half of those prescribed to xanax, adderral, wellbutrin and the like are doing it because they can't deal with real life problems. However, we never had a vote on allowing them to operate vehicles and show up at work while on them. It's socially acceptable because the government tells society it is okay. So the sheep carry along and question nothing.

I also think prescribing adderral or ritalin to a child for ADHD is wrong. Most of them just need a good ass whipping and discipline at home. However, I have seen some cases of kids that REALLY need something to calm them down. I'm sure we all had "that kid" in class growing up. Now, there are like 10 of those kids in each class.

Marijuana has nothing to do with any of that. We are currently talking about the medicinal benefits people get from having it available to them legally.

I don't smoke marijuana now but I did years ago. Never had a problem with it. I did it on weekends at home around friends while I did other stuff...gardening, grilling out, reading, listening to music, watching TV, etc. Never had any of my friends starting smoking crack then or up until now.

If alcohol is legal, there is no reason in hell that marijuana shouldn't be.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:40 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
That's too funny when people are comparing apples to banana bread, really

Let talk about two things. There are two states where marijuana is legal for recreational use (adults only) and there are 21 states where it's allowed to use as a treatment for certain medical conditions. Which one we are voting for here? These are very different things!

When you are using marijuana "treatment", you are simply getting high. Smoking marijuana is something very similar to smoking tobacco -> respiratory problems, cough, risk of lung infections. Marijuana raises heart rate. Chronic marijuana use was linked to mental illness. Sure, let's kill this pain and then take other medications to help treating new mental illnesses... Genius!

Is anybody here were saying using medication is OK? Does anyone take aspirin, penicillin (antibiotic by the way) and other medications just because they will enjoy it? No, they are not getting high from aspirin and antibiotics. Can you get addictive to antibiotics? But you very well can to marijuana... As of today there is no approved drug to treat marijuana addiction.

Other than that marijuana is a piece of cake.
Seriously? One of our biggest drug epidemics in this country comes from addiction to pain killers and opiates, you want to talk about lives destroyed and a true gateway drug to heroin once they cant afford to get high on pain killers, truly addictive stuff. As far as marijuana you can eat the stuff, or vaporize the oil without any of the side effects from smoking, that's what you are talking about, smoking is bad for you, whether is marijuana, or tea leaves, you want to compare cigarettes with over 4k different chemicals including 43 proven carcinogens now that's apples and banana bread comparison.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:43 PM

27 posts, read 28,871 times
I voted yes to medical marijuana. I figure that it's a system that will be abused by those without a legitimate medical need, as it is in California. As such, it will benefit those who don't choose to get high, in that the marijuana users will 'weed' themselves out of the job market. I'm all for anything that brings back the natural selection that we've been circumventing for so long.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:58 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
Tell that to the people with these conditions you aren't experiencing. Tell them they only take it because "they enjoy it".
So, other countries where marijuana is illegal have no people in pain right? Only here people need marijuana as air. Right.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
So, other countries where marijuana is illegal have no people in pain right? Only here people need marijuana as air. Right.
What on Earth does that have to do with our political situation here?

Other countries don't have a lot of the advancements we do in America. What exactly is your point? Or are you derailing?

Old 11-04-2014, 03:32 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Good to see that 83% of locals are for it. Wish that was the case statewide.

For those who are against it, while you are certainly entitled to your opinion, I wish you could understand the position people like me are in. It is a horribly painful existance. We would gladly trade out all the pharma crap for one single natural alternative. I guess you would have to be in our shoes for a month straight, just to get an idea of what the rest of your life would be like. It would be an eye opener.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:59 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
I'm from Holland and over there it was never introduced as medical marijuana since it just what it is for the majority a pleasure drug and most people don't see the amount of issues that come with legalizing but what the heck...who will listen, I guess nobody until the next issue will need to be resolved like they are doing over there.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:08 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
So, are we going to cancel drug screening for employment if marijuana will get "go ahead" because everyone who fails the drug test could claim he/she uses medical marijuana and you have no rights to request medical records due to HIPA law.

After reading different studies I came to conclusion that marijuana compare to other pain fillers doesn't have enough power to act like strong pain killer, so in cases then people are at last stage of cancer marijuana will not take pain away WITHOUT other pain killers. Talking about cancer and pain people are going through during last stages, someone very close and special to me passed away and it was hard for all of us, but I still againt legalization.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:22 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
it's such a shame medical marijuana is even left up to a vote. . . . .

what do the ignorant masses kno about medical marijuana? nothing. Which is why it should not be up for a vote, rather something discussed between you and your doctor....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: