Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 11:59 AM

5,974 posts, read 7,363,448 times

Advertisements

I am considering an offer from Verizon in their broadband (FIOS) division, and was curious as to if there were any Verizon employees on the list who might be willing to share their insight as to Verizon as an employer.

If you're reluctant to post on the list drop me a PM.

Thanks,

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 01:01 PM

622 posts, read 3,112,312 times
I'm not an employee, but a friend of mine is and always has good things to say about them. He makes "Good money", can work as much overtime as he wants, and there is A LOT of overtime if you wanted it. OT is 1.5 or 2X regular pay, depending on when you work. At one point, my friend was working 7 days a week and making tons of money from OT. Good benefits, and a pretty "easy" work day. Once you master your craft, it's just another day "at the office" and life is pretty good for him.

Good luck.

If it were me, I'd take the job.

btw He works as an installer, tech of phone lines and stuff like that for residential service.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:55 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,697,579 times
I am not an employee, but I work with a lot of people who work for Verizon...a lot of them make good money, I have seen it. You should go for it!

Old 01-17-2008, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 7,259 times
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']You should absolutely consider employment with Verizon...they have some of the best training and tuition benefits around[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Training for Verizon employees[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Verizon Wireless has made special arrangements to assist you in obtaining your A+ and/or MCDST technical support certifications.[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']This training is vital in supporting FIOS and other Voice Data and Video convergence initiatives.[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']This course work is accredited and eligible for tuition assistance benefits. You will not incur any out of pocket costs.[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']API will be holding an open house to introduce the Technical Support and Call Center Representative to Verizon employees the last week of January. For date and time please email us at: [email]training@apimail.net[/email][/FONT]

Old 01-19-2008, 08:18 AM

4 posts, read 21,310 times
I work for verizon in md. and it's a good job. union shop so benefits and pay are good. However it's becoming about as corporate america as anywhere else. They pound "diversity" and safe driving down your throat in the most hipocritical ways possible. But, it is a good place to work, especially in the FiOS project where the future is.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:49 PM

523 posts, read 2,829,323 times
I have family working at Verizon, They offered your job to in house employees and noone can hardly pass the test requirements, If you did pass, you are lucky. The job is good paying and the benefits cannot be beat for florida. Any new job is risky but they are stable company. Will you be management or Craft? Management no longer gets paid pension there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay