U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 01:22 PM

180 posts, read 738,993 times

Advertisements

I have been trying to sell my house for almost a year now. At the moment, I am not interested in a real estate agent. Does anyone know of any good "For Sale By Owner" websites locally in the Tampabay area. The only good one I have found is craigslist .

I have found some inexpensive alternatives for national MLS advertisements. These are the sites I found most useful

For Sale By Owner, ($150 unlimited)
Owners.com (http://www.owners.com - broken link) ($19.95 unlimited)
eBay ($150 for 30 days)
Yahoo real estate ($35.00 for 30 days)

Last edited by boomer; 01-04-2008 at 02:27 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 01:41 PM

26,801 posts, read 41,539,992 times
I have used Ephizz dot com and got a lease purchase within a week and a lot of phone calls from people who wanted to rent. It is a hard time right now to sell a house. Only if the price is reasonable you can still sell your house. Some FSBO are asking crazy high prices and that won't sell a house. There are good realtors but a lot of experience I got is that they seem to have a hard time calling you back even if you are interested in a house. I guess they only call back for the houses on which they get the most commision. Sad for the sellers if you are dealing with a realtor like that. With FSBO you get the phone calls your self.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:43 PM

Hi Bentlebee, Ephizz dot com seems kind of high at $195. How long ago did your house sell?

Old 01-04-2008, 07:33 PM

799 posts, read 3,437,088 times
I would use as many free sites as possible and advertise with all your friends, family and neighborhood. I suggest if you are going to pay at all, get a realtor, because a realtor gets paid IF the house sells, these other places get paid up front and they truly don't care if your home sells because they have already been paid. If oyu are going to save commission then save commission, don't give it up a little at a time when you could have been represented correctly in the first place.
As far as realtors who don't answer phones, theres alot of those but many more who do. Before anyone bashes me for being a realtor, I am a houston realtor and have no ulterior motives here. I just feel that if you are going to sell yourself, then don't pay people up front when in the end you will likely end up with a traditional realtor therefore spending more money then you would have in the first place. In the best of markets it is hard to sell yourself but espescially in a down market. Alot of FSBO buyers are deducting commissions in their head before they ever approach you.
There are times that For Sale By Owner does work and when it does you will save money if you haven't drastically reduced your price to get a buyer.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:05 AM

27,798 posts, read 27,980,251 times
I don't know how one gets their homes listed on Yahoo Real Estate - but that's one that I've always reviewed over the years. It helps to have multiple pictures, map location, and virtual tour.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:57 AM

I can only talk about what I notice around me and about my own experience. Of cause there are good realtors and they will survive in this housing market. Next to me the owners have their house for sale for over 2 year. First with the realtor who sold most houses in Tamapa Bay area. I'm not going to mention any names. They came with a caravan of realtors but never with any buyers or did an open house. Than after a year and lowering the price (it is a new build home) a couple of times and having a different realotr who only put in a sign and nothing else, they decided to lower the price again and go with a different realtor. That realtor came to my house and asked me if he could show my house too? Strange , my house is not for sale. He did held some open houses, but didn't put any notice in a newspaper. Now the price is lowered again and they went with a different realtor again. By the way the last ones website is off the air, so he is probable out of business. The price is almost what they paid for when they bought it from the builder and has upgrades. Mean while I sold houses, so it can't be just the bad market. Also I got a lease purchase right away and rented my house pretty easy (did it myself). I have seen others working with realtors to rent their home. I have called some of them just to know what the market prices are in the area for renting. 80% never called back. Wonder if the owners know this. Some of the homes are on the market for rent for months. In my neighborhood there are a couple of home owners (some are realtors themself) who are renting out there investments and they are almost never empty. So think about that......if a realtor owns a home and wants to rent it out, it is almost immediately occupied.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:52 AM

13,495 posts, read 34,928,180 times
Boomer, be sure to post your ad here~ It's free.

Classified Ads - City-Data Forum: Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions

Old 01-06-2008, 05:45 AM

ephizz does it still for free. Just send them an email and ask them. I had the lease purchase within 2 weeks. Maybe I was lucky, but still... in this time to get a lease purchase for the asking price, and I didn't have to sell, I extually wanted to rent until the market got better. I believe picking up the phone your self can make a difference but you have to know about the real estate market. There are also realtors calling and some got frustrated because they were telling me a lot of nonsense. Probable the good ones don't call and think sellers a stupid.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:54 AM

Thanks for the all the advise everyone. It is a tough market and I need all the help I can these days.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:59 AM

Hi Jammie, I posted an advertisement for my house on the City-Data forum. I wish it was broken down into states or cities like craig's list. I think more people would adverise if it was done this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or