Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 09:56 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,861,965 times

Advertisements

I tried Mazzaros and Publix but no luck.

Has anyone bought any pork belly recently in St. Pete??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 10:35 AM

6,581 posts, read 4,953,913 times
Trade Joes has pre cooked, I have found some in oriental markets as well, such as md oriental market and the one downtown.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:45 AM

Dunnfrnt,
Need uncooked, for recipe.

I stopped in a few Asian markets and none had meat counters or much meat in their freezer area either.

Where are the markets you refer to (I am new to St. Pete area).

Thx.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Dunnfrnt,
Need uncooked, for recipe.

I stopped in a few Asian markets and none had meat counters or much meat in their freezer area either.

Where are the markets you refer to (I am new to St. Pete area).

Thx.
I got the St Pete part after I posted, but I know on 49th st (Pinellas Park) which is not very far from you there is one with a meat section

Bolsa Market - Pinellas Park - Pinellas Park, FL | Yelp

I have never been to this one because they just opened but i know in the Tampa USF location they carry it

MD ORIENTAL MARKET - PHINELLAS PARK

again both those places are a 10 min drive from downtown st pete, the MD oriental market is huge that would be your best bet is @ 49th and Park.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:55 PM

Thx again. The MD market looks terrific and we'll try that one first.

I googled the pork belly at Trader Joes and actually that may be ok for this recipe, too. We plan to visit friends in Sarasota next week and there's a TJ's less than 2 miles from them.

Can't wait for the TJ's to open in St. Pete, sheduled for mid-Feb 2015.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Thx again. The MD market looks terrific and we'll try that one first.

I googled the pork belly at Trader Joes and actually that may be ok for this recipe, too. We plan to visit friends in Sarasota next week and there's a TJ's less than 2 miles from them.

Can't wait for the TJ's to open in St. Pete, sheduled for mid-Feb 2015.
There is a TJ in South Tampa. Its not far from St Pete 10 min from the Tampa side of the Gandy bridge. I buy that Pork Belly its really good its cooked but not browned or seasoned which is pretty common in most dishes you would pressure cook the belly before using it.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:18 PM

Have read in past that the parking at Tampa's TJ's is terrible. Plus it's not at all an area I'm familiar with.

FYI: I lived in DC-Metro for 30+ years. I lived in Northern Virginia; I never drove to the Maryland side of DC. I knew people who lived on the Maryland side, and they never drove to the Virginia side of DC.

I'm slipping into a similar pattern here....and have found others in Pinellas who say the same thing: they only go to Tampa when they have to go to the airport.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:56 PM

If you avoid the Howard Franklin from 4p-6p tampa bound you would be fine. I live in S Tampa but work in the Carillon pky area of St Pete and my wife works Downtown St Pete, most of our friends either live in NE St Pete or S Tampa, so we are constantly going back and forth, I would drive to Downtown St Pete in a heartbeat but I have to think twice about going to any of the suburbs in Tampa or Northern Pinellas I need a real reason to venture there.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,179 times
Anyone know where I can get pig skin to make Italian bracoli. (instead of the beef ones) I am in bradenton but havent been able to find it anywhere here.

Have only gotten it up north when we lived there..
Really want to make it for my dad for his birthday. his mom made them all the time and know one else in the family here knows how to make them.

thanks so much for any help!

Old 04-08-2017, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,101 times
Thumbs up Pork Belly fresh in St. Petersburg, Florida

Called the wonderful Publix on 38th Ave. N and 4 Street N ( West Side of Street) not in Northeast Plaza. Could be confusing having 2 Publix across the street form each other.
On Saturday I called Publix, asked ANTHONY the Butcher to order a small amount for me, only wanted 1/2 lb. They gave me no problem was more courteous than most customer service I've spoken to in YEARS. I picked it up the following Wednesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay