Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:26 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

There are some nice homes in that comunity but unfortunately there are many sinkhole issues over there and values have been gone down.

There are some investors that have been buying these sinkhole homes and are not disclosing it on the listing and just stating they haven't lived there and no knowledge about the history of the house but on prior listings it was mentioned so please be aware before buying in areas like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
There are some nice homes in that comunity but unfortunately there are many sinkhole issues over there and values have been gone down.

There are some investors that have been buying these sinkhole homes and are not disclosing it on the listing and just stating they haven't lived there and no knowledge about the history of the house but on prior listings it was mentioned so please be aware before buying in areas like that.
Where is this located?

Old 02-13-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Where is this located?
Hudson

Old 02-13-2013, 11:15 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
bentlebee
Thanks for posting this!

And I recommend for everyone who consider buying a house to check county's permits issued at that house location or nearby.

That's how I learned the house I really liked had some issues and bank (it was REO property) as well as my realtor and listing realtor "had no clue"... And when I told them about sinkhole they were mad at me for bringing this up and basically didn't want to hear about that.

Similar thing is happening with one of fannie mae houses in WC. It's on the market for few months now and has chinese drywalls, but listing agent and bank acting like "why nobody want's to buy our perfect house? there is nothing wrong with it"...

Oh, by the way, County Walk in WC also has bunch of houses with chinese drywalls!

Old 02-13-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
bentlebee
Thanks for posting this!

And I recommend for everyone who consider buying a house to check county's permits issued at that house location or nearby.

That's how I learned the house I really liked had some issues and bank (it was REO property) as well as my realtor and listing realtor "had no clue"... And when I told them about sinkhole they were mad at me for bringing this up and basically didn't want to hear about that.

Similar thing is happening with one of fannie mae houses in WC. It's on the market for few months now and has chinese drywalls, but listing agent and bank acting like "why nobody want's to buy our perfect house? there is nothing wrong with it"...

Oh, by the way, County Walk in WC also has bunch of houses with chinese drywalls!
Didn't know that about Country Walk. You can also access the public records and it will tell you some history nd if a claim was filed for sinkhole and asco County has a special code for sinkhole homes but i'm not disclosing that because that is our advantage and why it is good for people to hire a realtor who has the knowledge.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:23 PM

188 posts, read 331,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Didn't know that about Country Walk. You can also access the public records and it will tell you some history nd if a claim was filed for sinkhole and asco County has a special code for sinkhole homes but i'm not disclosing that because that is our advantage and why it is good for people to hire a realtor who has the knowledge.
I've also been told a buyers insurance agent can tell if permits have been submitted for sink hole repairs and/or surveys.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:23 PM

All claimes could be accessed through county permits database.
Here is a link for Pasco county:
Quick Search
It has public access. You can search by address or using street name only or parcel number. Each engineering company working on sinkhole evoluation must get the permit. In Pasco county permits like "POTENT.GROUND SET" are actually possible sinkhole evaluations. And something like "GRND SETTLE REPAI" indicates it was fixed.
Not all "POTENT.GROUND SET" are actually a sinkhole related issues. Many people tried to abuse the insurance and claimed sinkholes even if they had nothing. It's in the past now since insurance companies revised the term of sinkhole.

Very sad that none of my realtors knew about all these therefor never checked homes using this system. As I said, some realtors prefer to know nothing about all these issues since they don't have to disclose this info to potential buyers. What a shame profession. I am sorry for my French.

P.S. According to PMs I am receiving, I am not alone

Last edited by EngGirl; 02-13-2013 at 12:39 PM..

Old 02-13-2013, 02:47 PM

I agree that there is still a lot wrong with the profession and that is partly of why I stepped up to the plate and we took over a real estate company and got my licnse so intead of accusing I could be part of the solution.

Some realtors will be in for a suprise when new buyers in the future will sue them for withholding info that they "should" have known because claiming that "I didn't know and/or the seller nver told me" is not holdingup in court for a licensed person.

When the lawsuits pop up sellers will blame others and that will be the realtor and both are on the hook for with holding information.

On many listings you can see that "seller never lived at the property" but jus go to he appraisers website and if homestead was ever claimed by seller than they have to disclose and fill out the property disclosure.

We are now dealing with a sellers agent who will not have her clients sign or fill out the property disclosure and our agent has put on the property disclosures and kept the email with the denial from the seller and the agent not cooperating so we have that for future issues in our file.

Of course we told the buyer it maybe better to look at a different property but the buyer really likes this property and we did some research but for anything that comes up later after closing that a realistic person should know who owned the house it can become a legal issue.

For example on the property disclosures the seller has to fill out the termite inspection if ever performed. The seller doesn't want to fill out and sign these papers but cae up with a bill for termite inspection so the seller is aware about termites and inspection and if they are present or not...even an investor that paid that kind o bill is aware of somethings with the property...so lets wait until a lawsuit happens and if sellers and agents (don't just blame the realtor, because sellers are jus as bad in cases like this) will have their time in court to explain themselves, that can be interesting.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 PM

You brought very interesting point. Nobody knows what lawsuit could get you to, but it might be a very long and expensive process. I would rather change the law somehow to make everyone fill out seller's disclosure forms and be responsible for whatever they are claiming or hiding.

As for the sinkholes.... I quickly searched evey other community in Wesley Chapel and many of them had sinkhole claims ... like New River, Seven Oaks... you name it.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:41 AM

I only noticed now that there is a typo in my subject line it should be BEACON WOODS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay