Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2014, 08:08 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times

Advertisements

My PM doc is retiring. I am in need of recommendations for a new PM doc and/or facility. As I have had many, many procedures done and have nerve damage from spine surgery, along with further complications, I need a doc who will take the time to listen and become familiar with my condition. I do not want to be just another number.

Can anyone help me out here? Thx much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 09:46 PM

434 posts, read 530,607 times
The one I go to is way over near USF. He gives me the pills I know work for me, listens when I tell him I hate the shots, and virtually his entire staff is young hot chicks, so I love it.

But I know that's way far for you. Not worth the hassle.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
If your current doc is retiring isnt the normal course of action for him to give referrals to his patients for alternate care? i'd think he might be the best person to ask who he recommends you see after he retires.
Certainly does seem like there are plenty of options.
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q...+petersburg+fl
I'd try the one closest to your house to start.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAnc View Post
The one I go to is way over near USF. He gives me the pills I know work for me, listens when I tell him I hate the shots, and virtually his entire staff is young hot chicks, so I love it.

But I know that's way far for you. Not worth the hassle.
Thx, but you are right. That would be a hassle for me. That's where I had to go for my surgery. It was okay until we got to Gunn.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If your current doc is retiring isnt the normal course of action for him to give referrals to his patients for alternate care? i'd think he might be the best person to ask who he recommends you see after he retires.
Certainly does seem like there are plenty of options.
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q...+petersburg+fl
I'd try the one closest to your house to start.
I did ask. But I am ALSO asking here, as I would like to get recommendations from multiple sources.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:47 PM

3 posts, read 3,583 times
Default Just a thought - as an adjunct, consider hypnosis for PM

I have been doing pain management hypnosis for the last 7 years and use on myself fairly regularly.
On average, people report between 25 & 50% reduction. For some, that means pain meds become optional
instead of needed.
FYI, I am not selling - I live 800 mi's away. It is just a big benefit to myself and others.

You can find a bunch of free hypnos on youtube.

Old 01-01-2015, 04:59 PM

434 posts, read 530,607 times
^I don't know what you call it, but I by necessity taught myself to 'zone out' a lot of the pain when I originally had my neck injured in a car wreck (my whole spinal cord was getting pinched. Created tremendous jolts of pain at times and throbbing that you can't think through). The zoning out made it possible to function a bit without being pilled out constantly, which I can't stand. The downside is I repeatedly cut myself (by accident) to the point blood would be running down my leg, and I wouldn't even realize it. Someone would tell me, I would look at it, and then I felt it. Weird.

I don't know if it's good or bad, but since my neck/spine has become injured again a couple of months ago, I don't know how to do that anymore. The pain is rarely of the "overwhelmed and can't think straight" variety now though. This time it's just affecting my left (primary) arm, not my whole body.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:55 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
I live with some constant pain due to mild scoliosis, disc compression, bone spurs, some arthritis in the back (caused by the above) and other issues. I may have posted this in one of your other threads, NPG, but one thing that has helped me is acupuncture. If you can find a good acupuncture doctor that has a LOT of experience and is specifically trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine, they can help a lot with pain management and healing. Thanks to my guy I have been able to go back to the gym and strength train to keep my muscles strong and holding my spine in place. I was more than once told I would need surgery for my issues. I am trying to avoid that. He himself has had a lot of past injuries and issues which is why he went into this profession.

Sadly, my acu-doc hurt himself and is out of commission for an unknown amount of time. In the meantime I continue to train, and I also do a lot of yoga; which he recommended I do, and I have to say that helps also.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay