U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 08:48 AM

8,704 posts, read 9,545,926 times

Advertisements

Top 20 Small Cities In Florida | Cities Journal

"Speaking to the city’s welcoming spirit and ambience, Walking Magazine considers Dunedin the “Best Little Walking Town in America.” Walkers are seen all hours of the day throughout the community. As the spring training home for the Toronto Blue Jays, the city stadium also hosts events with major league teams all year long. The Florida favorites of beaches and sun are enjoyed by residents while they work hard to maintain a true Main Street America environment."
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 09:14 AM

7,151 posts, read 4,009,641 times
Happy to see the Gulfport made the top 20 list, too.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:24 AM

4,568 posts, read 6,994,713 times
Safety Harbor is also in that list. It is #5.....
Top 20 Small Cities In Florida | Cities Journal

Old 01-07-2015, 09:29 AM

434 posts, read 449,100 times
I thought this was ridiculous until I reread it and see it's just for Florida. Derp...

Sounds about right, or close enough to it to not know the difference. It's all semantics anyways.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:56 AM

4,585 posts, read 3,661,153 times
https://www.walkscore.com/FL/Dunedin

Old 01-07-2015, 10:26 AM

4 posts, read 12,395 times
I love the idea of living in Dunedin. It sounds like a great place to bring up kids. I am moving there from Ireland in March to work in the Brandon area. I am going to sound like a true tourist but I really want to live close to a beach. Can someone advise how long it would take to commute from Dunedin to Brandon. I am an early bird so I would more than likely be on the road by 7am.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-07-2015, 10:30 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,175,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickla View Post
I love the idea of living in Dunedin. It sounds like a great place to bring up kids. I am moving there from Ireland in March to work in the Brandon area. I am going to sound like a true tourist but I really want to live close to a beach. Can someone advise how long it would take to commute from Dunedin to Brandon. I am an early bird so I would more than likely be on the road by 7am.

Thanks in advance
Traveling TO Brandon or traveling THROUGH Brandon? SR60 is a hell of a drive.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:36 AM

4 posts, read 12,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Traveling TO Brandon or traveling THROUGH Brandon? SR60 is a hell of a drive.
I was also looking at the option of looking mid way between Clearwater area and Brandon. From the Map and going by good school area's could anyone recommend the West Chase, Odessa/Land O'Lakes area. I have a 13 year old and a 5 year old so school is the key driver, that and the outdoor lifestyle that we Irish dont get to see much of down to the cold and rain here.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:44 AM

8,704 posts, read 9,545,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAnc View Post
...........it's just for Florida.
Except for this notation:

Walking Magazine considers Dunedin the “Best Little Walking Town in America.”

Old 01-07-2015, 10:49 AM

1,750 posts, read 1,821,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickla View Post
I was also looking at the option of looking mid way between Clearwater area and Brandon. From the Map and going by good school area's could anyone recommend the West Chase, Odessa/Land O'Lakes area. I have a 13 year old and a 5 year old so school is the key driver, that and the outdoor lifestyle that we Irish dont get to see much of down to the cold and rain here.
If you're going to be working in Brandon, best would be to live close to that. Dunedin is on the opposite direction in Pinellas cty. People from Brandon usually go to Siesta key, Holmes Beach/Anna Maria Island, Longboat Key beach etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay