Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 08:19 AM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times

Advertisements

You must not do a lot of driving on the broken up, potholed streets of Wimauma, Seffner, South Tampa, to name just a few.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 08:31 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,219,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
As a current employee of the Times, I can tell you that the complaints of liberal bias are 100% true. All of the top editors and the people who make decisions on articles etc. are extremely liberal and think Republicans, conservatives, anyone who is not liberal, is a low-life idiot. In addition to that, 99.9% of these decision-makers at the Times live in that very liberal part of Pinellas County called Old Northeast and environs. So not only are they biased IN FAVOR of liberal causes, they are also UN-APOLOGETICALLY pro-Pinellas and anti-Hillsborough. They could care less about Hillsborough County and the city of Tampa. Most of them never cross the bridge, because they think Pinellas is just so much better. I can't tell you the moans and groans coming from the newsroom when reporters get assigned to Hillsborough/Tampa news (which if you will notice, is usually a quarter of the amount of news coverage Pinellas gets, even though Tampa/Hillsborough are the economic engine of the area). The attitude is like, "UGH, do we HAVE to?"

If you live outside of Pinellas and subscribe to the Times, you are an idiot. They don't give a crap about news that is important to you. They care only about Pinellas County and trashing Rick Scott and Scientology.

By the way, I am neither Republican nor Democrat. I am a moderate Independent who hates bias whether against Republicans or Liberals or geographic locales.
Do you even read the Times or do you only (supposedly) work there? Home delivery driver doesn't count. There's plenty of Tampa/Hillsborough news-especially in the Sunday edition.

The Times is and has been one of the best investigative news sources in the country and has 10 Pulitzers to prove it. In fact, the last one was for a series on HILLSBOROUGH. Tampa Bay Times wins Pulitzer for Hillsborough Homeless Recovery investigation | Tampa Bay Times

As far as "trashing" Scott and Scientology...I'm glad someone takes them on instead of rolling over like a whipped cur.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:37 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
I admit as a sports fan, I usually read that section every day and occasionally venture to the news and local happenings.....from a sports fan's perspective, the Times is 100x better. Beat writers that cover the teams are outstanding -and I'm happy to hear them reach out to radio talk shows - The Times has a collaboration with the top sports talk station locally - Trib should do likewise are it will be run out of business, imo....it already had a ton of layoffs/let-go's/downsizing last year.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:54 AM

734 posts, read 920,162 times
Quote:
You must not do a lot of driving on the broken up, potholed streets of Wimauma, Seffner, South Tampa, to name just a few.
Sure do.

You obviously have an axe to grind w/ the Times, and will let nothing (especially truth) get in your way. Carry on.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:22 AM

So glad everyone here appreciates the insider info. I offered about the Times. Next time I will just keep my mouth shut and let you keep investing blindly in a bankrupt business.

Neither the Times nor the Tribune are going to survive. Not enough people in this region are willing to pay for their (crap) products. No matter how many awards the Times has and how few the Tribune has.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:29 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Quote:
So glad everyone here appreciates the insider info. I offered about the Times. Next time I will just keep my mouth shut and let you keep investing blindly in a bankrupt business.

Neither the Times nor the Tribune are going to survive. Not enough people in this region are willing to pay for their (crap) products. No matter how many awards the Times has and how few the Tribune has.
We believe what we see. It is not that hard to compare the two newspapers based on their products they put out "insider info" or not.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:56 AM

I think that they (newspapers) will all go digital eventually......the young people are accustomed to reading it on an ipad/pod/phone....but old folks like myself like to have the hard copy........

Old 01-20-2015, 10:25 AM

Just because they will go all-digital doesn't mean they will MAKE MONEY from being all-digital and survive. Newspapers have always made their profits from really expensive print ads, which have disappeared. Now they will have to get their profits from PAID digital subscriptions. Like I said, there are not enough people in this region who will pay for the (crap) content that either the Times or the Tribune provide, whether it's on paper, it's online, it's on a phone, or on a pizza.

They are losing money on the print paper. They are not making money on the digital paper. What does this tell you? I know what it tells me.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:35 AM

Newspaper media have an important role, especially with investigative reporting. Would hate to see that go away - guess local TV news will have to fill the role.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:52 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
Quote:
How can one invest in a company that is not public?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay