Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 06:59 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
So you stayed in one of the high density slums and you wondered why you saw slums? Uncanny.
This ^^.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:38 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,050 times
We travel a lot, always have. The most important aspect of any trip is RESEARCH. Know what you want to see BEFORE you go. It used to be more difficult to research before the internet, but nowadays there are so many resources on line, including forums like this. Tsk....what a waste of time and money without any basic game plan.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:59 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,174,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson View Post
There are really not any nice coastal areas in the Tampa Bay area. I am not sure why people talk about Clearwater as if its really nice, unless they just have not been anywhere else.
There are some nice pockets here and there but most of the area - Clearwater, St Pete etc is pretty ghetto in my opinion. Even some of the so called "nice" areas. I just don't get it.

Go visit CLW Beach or drive down Gulf Blvd. All adjacent areas to coastal Pinellas are nice(on both sides). There's many areas that are upscale in Pinellas, you just have no clue they exist. You probably took a look at the ghetto north of DT CLW, or South St Pete and made up your mind. Btw, Ryan Howard/Phillies is building a gigantic mansion on Belleair Beach, so feel free to tell him he chose a coastal area that is not nice.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:09 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,334,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Go visit CLW Beach or drive down Gulf Blvd. All adjacent areas to coastal Pinellas are nice(on both sides). There's many areas that are upscale in Pinellas, you just have no clue they exist. You probably took a look at the ghetto north of DT CLW, or South St Pete and made up your mind. Btw, Ryan Howard/Phillies is building a gigantic mansion on Belleair Beach, so feel free to tell him he chose a coastal area that is not nice.
Wouldn't Treasure Island be considered Tampa area as well? I thought that beach was VERY nice.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Wouldn't Treasure Island be considered Tampa area as well? I thought that beach was VERY nice.
Yup, it's very nice but pricey (and it's part of the Tampa Bay area). Pretty much everything on the beach or 2-3 miles inland from the intracoastal is nice.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:29 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
I think people are being very defensive.

What the OP said is the same experience that I had when I worked at Honeywell in Clearwater for a year. It was pretty much common knowledge that Pinellas county is trailers, drunks and strippers. The classier areas are across the bay.

I lived on 4th and Ulmerton, which was considered a nicer part and it was terrible. I moved over to Tampa Hyde Park and quality of life was much better.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:43 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

What the OP said is the same experience that I had when I worked at Honeywell in Clearwater for a year. It was pretty much common knowledge that Pinellas county is trailers, drunks and strippers. The classier areas are across the bay.

I lived on 4th and Ulmerton, which was considered a nicer part and it was terrible. I moved over to Tampa Hyde Park and quality of life was much better.
The defensiveness of the Florida forums is mind boggling. I have not seen any other C-D forum that rises to the same level. It's really childish if you ask me. I could care less if someone in my city doesn't like it as much as I do.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

So because you lived in the middle of the county, it means the entire county is trailers, drunks and strippers? Classier areas around Armenia Ave you mean? Ok yeah right..

Old 01-21-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
The defensiveness of the Florida forums is mind boggling. I have not seen any other C-D forum that rises to the same level. It's really childish if you ask me. I could care less if someone in my city doesn't like it as much as I do.
You constantly butt in in conversations that you have nothing to contribute to. Misinformation and exaggerated comments are what people oppose here. I could care less if you or someone else does not like what I like.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:55 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
You constantly butt in in conversations that you have nothing to contribute to. Misinformation and exaggerated comments are what people oppose here. I could care less if you or someone else does not like what I like.
I'll post on any thread in this forum if I feel like it. You constantly butt into threads to make some snarky comment yourself.

You obviously do care or you wouldn't have commented on my post. We've beat that horse to death by now don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay