Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 04:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
How about that another double Homicide in Hillsbotough county. Not allot of crime right.
u should work for WFLA.

With all u find fault with here I cant believe you are still here. Glutton for punishment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 04:56 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
u should work for WFLA.

With all u find fault with here I cant believe you are still here. Glutton for punishment?
I grew up in Detroit and worked in Detroit and this is no better, you all think it is but it's not take off your blinders every now and then.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I grew up in Detroit and worked in Detroit and this is no better, you all think it is but it's not take off your blinders every now and then.
Yep. Chicago and Detroit. Two factories of criminal behavior.

If the news wanted to cover every shooting in Chicago they would need a 24 hour channel.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:52 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
I never got a pair of blinders, so I have non to take off. However this is not Detroit, thankfully.

After living in dozens of places in the country, we ended up in a position to live anywhere in the mainland USA. Of all the places in the country, we wanted to live in the Tampa Bay area...specifically Palm Harbor. We are very sensitive to crime issues, so that always factors in. We feel extremely happy with our choice. We could not have picked a better place for us. As I am sure you can imagine, it is fantastic being able to live where you love it. We are so thankful that we live in our number one choice in the entire country. Ah, it feels so great to be happy and to have zero "fear" of being a victim of crime day or night.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:42 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I am from LI and I was a cop in NYC. I don't think Tampa is anymore dangerous than NY. Yes of course people can become random victims however so much crime is one person known to another. A lot of times people put themselves in bad positions. Now as far as accidents go I have never seen so many dam accidents that I am seeing here.
I totally agree with you, I have never seen such accidents as here.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:49 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Quote:
One teenager injured in Tampa shooting | Tampa Bay Times

Man in critical condition after Tampa shooting | TBO.com and The Tampa Tribune

Mother, Daughter Dead Following Violent Armed Robbery Spree in Central Florida - ABC News

That's not counting all the traffic accidents since the new year, it's ridiculous, and there is no ice or snow here. I drove in the snow and ice for 45 years without a accident here I'm scared to drive.

Tampa isn't in Pasco County, so the last article is irrelevant. Clearwater also isn't in Tampa, so I fail to see how shots being fired there affects Tampa at all. The other articles are people who were shot, but not killed. That wont affect the murder rate at all. I'm failing to see what, exactly, you're complaining about.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:52 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Quote:
I grew up in Detroit and worked in Detroit and this is no better
It isn't? Last I checked, Tampa didn't have to file bankruptcy to pay for their police force.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I never got a pair of blinders, so I have non to take off. However this is not Detroit, thankfully.

After living in dozens of places in the country, we ended up in a position to live anywhere in the mainland USA. Of all the places in the country, we wanted to live in the Tampa Bay area...specifically Palm Harbor. We are very sensitive to crime issues, so that always factors in. We feel extremely happy with our choice. We could not have picked a better place for us. As I am sure you can imagine, it is fantastic being able to live where you love it. We are so thankful that we live in our number one choice in the entire country. Ah, it feels so great to be happy and to have zero "fear" of being a victim of crime day or night.
I understand your position well. When I resigned from my Orlando job and sold the house all we had to do is tell the moving company where to drop off our stuff. We knew FL was for us and we knew Spring Hill. That is why we are here. I dreamed about living in a small town surrounded by nature and on the gulf.
My dream came true.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:27 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,794,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
May be you didn't follow the poster but he has indicated several times that he wants to get out of here. Just waiting for his wife to secure the job in Chicago or wherever it was I forgot the exact location up north. There are people who want to get out but can't. He is one of them, I believe.
I wish them all luck and Godspeed.

Maybe they could warn away some of the hordes of invading Yankees that are quickly making us the third most populous state.

As Yogi Berra said, "nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay