Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 05:03 PM

64 posts, read 78,494 times

Advertisements

I see that some builders get a really negative review, such as Beazer, and KB homes. But why Lennar? I saw some Lennar homes back in August when I toured different communities and model homes from different builders and the Lennar seemed pretty nice. Spacious too with a lot of extras added in. Can anyone give a specific reason as to why they are no good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 06:08 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting_there View Post
I see that some builders get a really negative review, such as Beazer, and KB homes. But why Lennar? I saw some Lennar homes back in August when I toured different communities and model homes from different builders and the Lennar seemed pretty nice. Spacious too with a lot of extras added in. Can anyone give a specific reason as to why they are no good?
Google is your friend. Do a search and you'll find the reasons why they have negative reviews. 'Nuff said.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:46 PM

734 posts, read 920,814 times
People who have bones to pick are usually the loudest. Most folks who are happy tend not to seek out review sites to leave their $.02.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:00 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
I am having a house built by Beazer. I talked to several residents in the community. They are all very happy with the houses that were built. In addition because Ive heard there have been issues in the past I hired a home inspector to look at the build before drywall and then on the final walk through. While I hope he doesn't find any issues its nice to have an expert looking it over. Something that could turn into a problem down the road can be fixed immediately and of no expense to me.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:52 AM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Those builders were rated some of the best in the country so I highly doubt they are horrible which for some people small things are the end of the world.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:56 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
People who have bones to pick are usually the loudest. Most folks who are happy tend not to seek out review sites to leave their $.02.
exactly----

Old 01-25-2015, 07:06 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
Having worked on homes through out the county for over twenty years, most builders build good homes for the money on paper. Problems you have are that builders subcontract their work. So you can have a great roofer doing work in some communities and some bad roofers in others. Just hope you get the good subs on your home. Then hope that the superintendents in your subdivision are checking the subs work. So subpar work is over looked or found too late with a bad fix, leading to hidden problems after you move in. It all comes down to the subs doing what is on the plans and the builders supers checking there work. If everyone does there job you will get a good house.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:13 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Having worked on homes through out the county for over twenty years, most builders build good homes for the money on paper. Problems you have are that builders subcontract their work. So you can have a great roofer doing work in some communities and some bad roofers in others. Just hope you get the good subs on your home. Then hope that the superintendents in your subdivision are checking the subs work. So subpar work is over looked or found too late with a bad fix, leading to hidden problems after you move in. It all comes down to the subs doing what is on the plans and the builders supers checking there work. If everyone does there job you will get a good house.
That's why you don't cheap out and get a reputable home inspector to make sure you got it done right!

Old 01-25-2015, 08:25 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
exactly----
Who needs review sites when you can just research the news stories, complete with visuals?

Old 01-25-2015, 08:59 AM

734 posts, read 920,814 times
For the record, I live in a Lennar home that was built in 2013, and the private home inspector I hired (quite possibly the most anal retentive man I have ever known) to do a new and a 1-year full assessment was "floored" (his own words) at how well built the structure was.

The only issues I've had so far were some minor cosmetic (and normal) ones, like a small settlement crack in the garage floor... more of a hairline crack really.... and a couple cracked tiles which have since been replaced under warranty. No outer structural cracking which according to him is rare for new builds. The water heater's circuit board needed to be replaced as well but that's not a Lennar problem. Apparently the manufacturer switched part providers and the new one had some serious quality control problems. The guy who came out to repair it said he has performed the same fix for almost every house in the neighborhood.

Is it perfect? Nope. Did I pay a metric **** ton of money for it like I would have for a comparable property in the DC area? Not even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: