Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 06:43 PM

335 posts, read 406,509 times

Advertisements

Please me with this. I tried to look for Seminole FM last weekend (Sunday), found nothing...I know there is something in St Petersburg. Any good farmer markets in Tampa area? Also, do they all stop in the summer months here? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 07:21 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,077,659 times
try googling
I came up with this, am sure you can find a list for pinellas county markets
St Pete Saturday market downtown is brilliant.
Most are smaller in summer, too hot for a lot of stuff but produce is always there
is the farmers market at wagon wheel still running folks? Park Blvd between Seminole and Starkey
Tampa Bay Markets

Old 02-02-2015, 08:22 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
I might be missing something, but I don't understand fresh/ farmer markets because most of them I've been within last few years were re-selling fruits and veggies you can buy at night market (the one restaurants use) for cheap. It's really cheap their, but they sell everything in large quantities (like box of bananas) or box of tomatoes. If you know someone you can split your purchases, you can save a lot. Prices for fresh fruits and veggies in Wiregrass fresh market (Wesley chapel mall) were higher than any local grocery store offers, and for very limited selection of organic - prices were like twice expensive compare to Publix green wise. I know the idea is to buy fresh from locals, but it's only for very limited things that are in season.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:24 PM

184 posts, read 244,469 times
There are product markets on Hillsborough Ave, near the Funland drive in theatre. Also, a large indoor market called "sawa" I think, nearby. Sat and sun they is a market more like a street market. One in Ybor city. Just google farmers and street markets in Tampa and it should come up. Oh, there is a large grove and veg market on Bearrs ave, just east of Carollwood. Sorry I don't have better addresses, but honestly I found lots by searching on line.

Good luck.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:39 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,747,929 times
My wife and I try to get to a farmers market in Pinellas county. We both enjoy the smaller city's with the markets. A few years ago we went to a huge market in St. Pete near the downtown area. Did not feel comfortable. Way to many people.

We both recomend smaller markets in Pinellas.

Gulf Port on Tuesdays
Safety Harbor on Thursdays
Dunedin on Fridays and Saturdays

There may be more markets with the smaller small feel every year. We both get back home in Michigan in May.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:31 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,163,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender View Post
try googling
I came up with this, am sure you can find a list for pinellas county markets
St Pete Saturday market downtown is brilliant.
Most are smaller in summer, too hot for a lot of stuff but produce is always there
is the farmers market at wagon wheel still running folks? Park Blvd between Seminole and Starkey
Tampa Bay Markets
St P market is great. Why only on Saturdays and it seems to close early.... ? Why not Sunday?

Old 02-13-2015, 09:45 PM

216 posts, read 438,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debnova View Post
There are product markets on Hillsborough Ave, near the Funland drive in theatre. Also, a large indoor market called "sawa" I think, nearby. Sat and sun they is a market more like a street market. One in Ybor city. Just google farmers and street markets in Tampa and it should come up. Oh, there is a large grove and veg market on Bearrs ave, just east of Carollwood. Sorry I don't have better addresses, but honestly I found lots by searching on line.

Good luck.
The large indoor market on H'Boro is Sanwa.

There is also the Seminole Heights Sunday Morning Market at Hillsborough High School, never been but it probably has "artisanal" type offerings in addition to produce.

There is a farmers market on Bearrs called Bearrs Groves, which I like to stop in fairly often - they have good deals on produce although the selection at Sanwa is awesome year round. I like to visit Sanwa in the summer when other markets are either not open, or unpleasant due to the heat. Sanwa is like a huge walk in cooler.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:25 AM

184 posts, read 244,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeCity View Post
The large indoor market on H'Boro is Sanwa.

There is also the Seminole Heights Sunday Morning Market at Hillsborough High School, never been but it probably has "artisanal" type offerings in addition to produce.

There is a farmers market on Bearrs called Bearrs Groves, which I like to stop in fairly often - they have good deals on produce although the selection at Sanwa is awesome year round. I like to visit Sanwa in the summer when other markets are either not open, or unpleasant due to the heat. Sanwa is like a huge walk in cooler.
Oh, thanks for the name correction ! I only like some of Sanwa. The frozen meat and seafood is questionable to me cause much is sourced from China, Asia, etc The meat is not the best grade either, the employee called it "roll off" quality (I think that describes the meat that is Not seperated into better grades in the meat butchering place) and didn't say it was select, choice, etc, which is a standard meat grading name. I tried a ny strip and it was tough, and, although thick looking, it actually had a complete "halving" of the strip when I unpackaged it. Two thinner pieces, not what I though from packaging.

The produce might be great, only tried once. I did like that they had supplies for foods and cooking. I bought some foam food storage boxes, type like used in take out and had three compartments. I use it to put meals in and freeze. And your right on the "cooler" effect, that helps !

I want to check out Plant city more, they are a farmers community. I do like the Bearrs Groves. Even they had a hard time getting the honey murcot tangerines (love them in Feb/Mar) this year due to lower crop. They have lost some of the groves they leased. Love them and the people are great. Good luck and thanks for this thread, it's helpful for a lot of people !

Last edited by debnova; 08-20-2015 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-20-2015, 10:47 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Farmer's market in Tampa? This may be helpful:

Tampa Bay Farmers Market has new North Tampa home | TBO.com and The Tampa Tribune

Old 08-20-2015, 10:50 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Wiregrass Mall has a good farmers market, but that's not Tampa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay