Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 06:00 AM

203 posts, read 960,664 times

Advertisements

OK people, settle down!!!

The OP said RUSKIN/ BRANDON area... That area is a LOT cheaper than Tampa. So settle down on and READ the post before acting childish here!

And who said she is commuting for work, she said she wanted to open a salon. So who cares if she is not in Tampa if she never said she would be commuting to Tampa? You can open a salon in any city!

For cheaper homes, I would reccomend the Ruskin/Riverview area, or north of Tampa. I'm sure your realtors will find you EXACTLY what you want
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 07:15 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Please get back on topic. The OP asked for opinions about areas not realtors. To call someone a liar is contrary to the spirit of this forum. Your opinion does count but others have a right to their opinion also.

I realize this is a hot topic, but let's not generalize that anything less than x amount is not worth living in. Less than $125K does not mean it is always roach infested or a dump. It may mean that it is a smaller older home, a short sale, foreclosure or an area outside of the general Tampa bay area.

If you disagree say so but don't attack somone because they disagree. You can ask where they got their information.

Take this as a friendly reminder, we are all here to help

Last edited by Keeper; 02-03-2008 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: added

Old 02-03-2008, 08:28 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krenaud View Post
O.K, there are a lot of strip clubs and adult entertainments. Is there anything else one should be aware of moving to Tampa. I am from Long Island, NY and am looking to move to Tampa (not sure of the city yet, I'm thinking Brandon or Ruskin)? What are some of the good stuff? where are the good schools or should I stick to private schools? I want to open a beauty salon, would it do well? I'm use to the XXX issues living in NY, not that I have that issue in my community but millionaires living in Manhattan pass tons of strip clubs, xxx move stores etc.. going home. It does stop people from wanting to move to NY.
Nevetheless, I want a house not exceeding $100k, is that crazy? I see houses online for $50k and higher, should I stay away? Yes ya'll I am running from high taxes, high mortgages, high EVERYTHING in NY. Please advise, thank you.
I'd recommend a condominium - you can find very good ones for what you're willing to pay for a house. Of course, the HOA/Condo fees need to be added to the equation.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:42 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
You can find a very nice home within 1 hour of the center of Tampa Bay for under $125,000.
If you want to be right in Tampa of course a nice home will be more.

Moderator cut: comment

Last edited by Keeper; 02-04-2008 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: no contact me statements please

Old 02-20-2008, 09:23 AM

20 posts, read 69,885 times
Unfortunately you obviously have never heard of Pasco County. Yes it's a trip from Tampa, but who in their right mind wants to live in the armpit of the universe?

You can purchase nice homes in Pasco for less than $100,000 of course these are small homes, not Mac Mansions. Our neighborhood has many homes priced in the 70's. These are in a deed restricted community, with many amenities. Older homes, but well kept.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:08 AM

2 posts, read 10,203 times
I am also looking to move south and have done some research on the crime statistics for Bradenton and things do not look good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay