U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 01:12 PM

56 posts, read 59,026 times

Advertisements

I'm from Buffalo, although I haven't lived there in years (military) we moved to Tampa January 2014, for a great job offer, more than I made in the military and in Virginia when I completed service. My husband found a job and followed 3 months later. We love it, I live in South Tampa and my commute is 45 min, his is 7 min. I think the trade off is fine, we work a two different hospitals and the area we live in is great, kids love it, they play a sports they stay busy, its great. I do find that we are truly the minority in our area, I don't see many black families where we live, but we also don't feel any discrimination. I remember feeling it in Buffalo and as my husband is from Mississippi, we know what it feels like.

We were deciding between Tamap and Txas (Dallas, Houston, San Antonio) I put resumes out there and Tampa came with the best offer and relocated us, it's been a great year, I can't complain. The weather, yes it gets hot as fish grease but it's not a problem for us, noone has died from excessive mosquito bites and we spend the majority of our time outdoors, its great.

I know everyone may not have the same experience but I've lived and traveled all over in the military and I have enjoyed living in some places but save having the opportunity to live in Spain, Tampa has been great for my family.

Every story is unique and yours will be yours, you can't go by numbers here everyone will have something to say. I love Buffalo, it's my hometown. I love the Bills, although they dissappoint each year. I think Buffalo has the best food of anywhere hands down, sometimes I miss the snow, so I drop in and then I leave.

Tampa has been great for us, give it a try, if no, go back to Buffalo because it will def be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 02:15 PM

27,798 posts, read 27,768,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Exactly, those who post the U3 unemployment rate as gospel really don't have a clue ... take a look at U6.
noticed home prices are going up as well.....my place is selling for about $30-40k more compared to when I bought during the market crash back in '09.......not sure if those relocating are going to be happy about that (higher home prices)......I'm not sure that the economy has recovered in the area even though the newspapers seem to be reporting so.....

Old 02-16-2015, 03:27 PM

350 posts, read 272,836 times
WHOOOHOOOOO!!! Happy that your dream is coming true!!!!!!! WELCOME!!!!

Old 02-16-2015, 05:02 PM

473 posts, read 452,287 times
Thanks Indy

Old 02-16-2015, 06:21 PM

105 posts, read 116,778 times
We're hoping to do the same thing this year coming from Chicago. Man, you guys have been blasted this year. Like us last year. Can't wait to be able to make the move. Congrats!! Good luck!!!

Old 02-16-2015, 09:10 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,018,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
As some of you know I have been on this forum for about year as my wife and I have been planning to relocate to Tampa this summer after my daughter graduates high school.

Well things just got very real, my wife had landed a job on only her second interview. She literally had an offer the day after the interview and it pays 28% more than her current salary. Just want give a shout out to all the negative naysayers that said how terrible the job market is and how difficult it would be to find a job.
This proves otherwise.
Did you interview remotely, or did you have to fly in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or