Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 04:24 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,098,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Rays game was sold out yesterday.

Have I mentioned Maddon? Only you have.
It's always sold out on opening day buy what about the other home games? The rays have the worst attendance of any other MLB team. That's the problem they are not pulling in the money to pay their fair share of revenu shareing. Also most MLB games are a sellout on opening day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 04:41 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,275,077 times
You said no one shows up for the Rays' games and I showed that they sold out their first game.

So you should admit that you were wrong.

RAYS lineup tonight

Guyer DH

Souza Jr. RF

Cabrera SS

Longoria 3B

Jennings LF

Forsythe 1B

Rivera C

Beckham 2B

Kiermaier CF

CHANGE (6:00pm) - James Loney has been taken out of tonight's lineup with an apparent strain to his side. He was removed for precautionary purposes and replaced with Kevin Kiermaier.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:56 PM

Down 6-0 after 1 1/2 inning.....this isn't the way we needed them to start this season....

Old 04-07-2015, 07:49 PM

271 posts, read 563,308 times
Hello all. I'll be visiting Tampa with the family (3 boys under 10) and interested in attending a Rays game. Looking at the April 19 game vs the Yankees. Any suggestions on where we should sit? Is one area of the stadium more kid friendly? I saw on the website that sundays are 'family fun days'. what should I be looking for on that day besides free parking?

Old 04-08-2015, 01:27 AM

298 posts, read 298,156 times
If you can swing $150-ish per ticket, get front row seats next to third base (Fieldside Box, Section 119, 121) or behind the Yankee dugout (Lower box, Sections 117, 115, 113, 111). Row B is front row on the field, and I believe row H is front row behind the dugout. Avoid rows C-F (maybe G) in sections 119 and 121 as they are not elevated enough. The price drops after row G and the rows are properly elevated at that point.

If the infield is too pricey then look for front row in outfield sections 141 and 143. Those should sell for $25-$40 each on the open market. Row T is front row in the outfield.

Get there an hour before first pitch and get some autographs down by third base. Or catch the end of batting practice and try to snag a ball in the outfield seats.

I think kids get to run the bases after the game on Sundays. The giveaway for kids on April 19 is a Longoria rubber ducky. Sounds silly but every year there is a goofy Rays freebie that will fetch $50 on Ebay so don't leave them behind.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
The other MLB owners are tired of keeping the Rays afloat with revenue shareing. If they don't get more fans and a new stadium soon say good buy to the Rays. Right now the Rays are not paying their fair share and have not for some time now.
Every team in the majors pays in 31% of their net local revenue, and that money is divided up and equally distributed to every team. So roughy half of the teams get a check. More than half of the teams some seasons.

Even if the Rays sold out every night, they would still receive a check every year because the teams that have more seats and/or charge more per ticket will always out-earn them. $800 face value seats might sell in NYC but they never will in Florida. Nor should any self-respecting stadium have as many obstructed view seats as Yankee Stadium. Teams that don't screw their fans will get a shck from those that do.

At least the Rays put a winning product on the field. Older teams in much larger markets like Pittsburgh and KC go decades without a post-season run. Until the Rays came along and made fools of all of the high payroll teams, the large market owners LOVED the small market teams. You can't have one without the other. Even with revenue sharing, the decks are stacked completely in the favor of large market teams. They are not tired of keeping anyone afloat.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknyc View Post
Hello all. I'll be visiting Tampa with the family (3 boys under 10) and interested in attending a Rays game. Looking at the April 19 game vs the Yankees. Any suggestions on where we should sit? Is one area of the stadium more kid friendly? I saw on the website that sundays are 'family fun days'. what should I be looking for on that day besides free parking?
I usually take the trolley from downtown to the ball park. NYY and Boston games they usually bring big buses - but the trolleys are also going. They're free. Sometimes there's a line, but it moves fast. You can park downtown $5.

I'd look on Stubhub for tickets as well as ticketmaster and the Rays' site. Avoid box office on game day - lines.

Show the kids the Rays tank- might be a line due to Kids' Day.

In the outfield concourse (down the stars) there are kid things to do.

Page Title

http://www.discoverdowntown.com/publ...ShuttleMap.pdf

Old 04-08-2015, 09:38 AM

271 posts, read 563,308 times
Thanks for all of the tips!

Old 04-08-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS808 View Post
Having injured #1 and #2 pitchers is not a set up for failure. It's not like they're in their 40's and the Rays should have seen this coming.

No depth????????? The Rays just acquired another pitcher and have a small army of guys fighting for the other spot. Both of those are just temporary anyway as we have two studs on the mend. The ONLY thing the Rays are looking for now is a new #5 guy .....for the Durham Bulls. That is the DEFINITION of depth.

Speaking of injuries....did you even know that the Red Sox just lost their #1 catcher for the season? Or that injury prone Ryan Hanigan is now their #1? That just cost Boston, the AL East team to beat, several wins. You probably also didn't know that the Rays #1 catcher threw out 19 more baserunners than Molina last year, hit 16 more doubles, 11 more homers, and hit 74 points higher in batting average. Or are you still under the impression that Rivera is a AAA player?

I'm beginning to think you're just messing with me here. Two injuries, no depth? To continue this pattern of not knowing what you're talking about, you'd have to state that the grass field in the Tampa open air stadium is causing too many injuries to the Rays' New Zealand born players.

Hope you're right about our backups.

James Loney to Disabled List, Allan Dykstra promoted

Old 04-09-2015, 12:29 AM

Forsythe can play 1B. He's hit a homer already. I'm not worried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay